Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you find its physically easier to eat garbage?

Im curious? How many of you out there experience eating candy, aka(chocolate) icecream, Soup, thin crust pizza or anything endrenched in sauces is the easiest things you can eat? Protiens like chicken, beef, bread- one bite and Im a gonner.

I can't vote because it isn't a yes or no situation for me. I have no problems eating the healthier foods, although some of them hurt me (eegs are one). At the same time, there are junk foods that hurt me also. So it isn't a "junk vs healthy" situation for me.

Generally speaking I can eat a chicken breast more easily than a piece of pizza.

With me, it varies day-to-day. Sometimes, if I didn't eat Protein shakes and Soup, I couldn't eat at all.

My favorite lunch is tuna from one of those little foil packets. Most other meat - except for crisp bacon - is iffy, although I can eat two barbecue ribs if they are really tender.

Some junk food is a no-go: cake, more than one cookie, sometimes chocolate (like a Hershey bar). Ice cream works if I don't eat too much "good" food first, but I have PBed on ice cream.

Just eat the solid Protein first, and then see how much room you have left for the other stuff.

I picked yes but not because its physically easier but, I'm going through this stage right now, where my appetite is pretty much gone. The thought of having a "meal" just doesn't appeal to me. The problem is, If I'm around snack foods -cookies, chips, whatever- I still get that sudden craving. I nibble on it then and then Im not hungry later for "real" food. I've got to nip this in the bud now. This is NOT why I paid all that money for surgery. I set up an appointment with the nutritionist next week. I want to be accountable to someone- not just my weight loss but with my eating habits.

I'm like Wheetsin, there's both healthy and junk foods that are difficult to eat.

I cant eat pizza, anything battered, donuts, burgers, or chinese foods, which is pretty much the run of everyday junk foods here. I can eat the, but they're so much work! We had pizza the other night through forced circumstances and I just had a fork and ate the topping, I could be bothered with the base.

I hate ice cream, loathe it. I like chocolate but am in no way a chocoholic, I find it no problem to resist. Perhaps Cookies are my biggest downfall, I dont keep any in the house as a general rule and I dont bake either. I do keep some kids Snacks but usually potato chips which again, I dont really like that much, I dont have any trouble resisting them. When I do buy a bag of Cookies, I'll overeat them everytime. So when I eat them its a conscious decision to have a pig out. Which I do very very occasionally. I can eat cookes without restriction, I could eat the entire packet if I let myself.

My worst habit is just picking out of boredom, but I'm as likely to pick on healthy foods as not, since I never keep junk in the house.

Jacqui, between our hair problems and food weaknesses, we're like really weird twins. I've never cared much for junk food. To date, if I "cheat" on something, it's chocolate chip cookies... which I didn't like before surgery. But I really don't consider it cheating. If I want something, I have it, no big deal, and trust my band to keep it in reason (except with Cookies or cheesecake, I never feel any restriction with those). I never have liked chocoolate, but for some reason I usually crave & enjoy chocolate chip cookies... but hand me a bar of chocolate and - no thanks! If I've made a decision to go have something and really enjoy it, it is most likely to be a really good cookie (Mrs. Fields comes to mind), or a really good piece of real key lime pie, not the "green pudding flavored like gross limey plastic" pie. Bonefish Grill has my favorite to date. :)

I'm about 6 months out and have two fills, and I find eating Protein really difficult most of the time. Junk (Cookies, ice cream, crackers, chips) seem to go down fine usually but eating healthy is very difficult. Also, I find I can't usually keep anything down at all until after 5 pm ....so during the day I just try and drink Water. Even Protein drinks don't go down easily. I seem to be caught in this "slime" mode most of the time when I try and eat normally. It's getting really frustrating. And yet, every once in a while I can eat anything I want and it goes down fine. I just don't understand. I know the band isn't too tight because sometimes I can get a good volume of something down. I hate going out to eat. It's embarrassing that I have to eat so slow or go to the restroom to PB because I start to slime.

Is anyone else having this much difficulty?

This evening I ate a piece of smothered steak. I had eaten some before, but got hungry later in the evening. I slimed for 45 minutes and never did throw up much of the steak. I'm thinking of having my band loosened since I'm not losing much weight since I can't seem to get myself to exercise. I loathe exercise. I eat chocolate kisses because they seem to help get stuff to go down. I eat bacon and eggs just about everyday at about 2-3 p.m. I have a Protein shake for Breakfast because I can't eat anything until later. Then I have dinner. We eat a lot of pork chops because I can get them down. I don't eat much salad because it doesn't go down very well, but I eat cooked veggies and drink V8 a lot. I never liked V8 until the band, but I think it's wonderful now. I'm not the best dieter. The point of the band for me was to avoid dieting and being hungry. It worked. I'm not very hungry most of the time, but I'm also not losing much weight. I lost 40 pounds and stopped. Still I'm happy with the 40 pounds. I'd like to lose another 20 and stop there, but I'm not working on it very hard. I have a lot of other stress in my life. My cat whom I've had for 14 years disappeared this week. The dog has mange. Mother's blood pressure is very strange. I'm tired. I'm not sure I'm the best person to diet at the moment. I seem a little depressed. I'll have to get over that. I also have found a new adoration of oatmeal raisin Cookies. One of those suckers is enough and helps the old digestive tract. I never liked them so much before.

My brother came down for my mother's colon surgery and he noted that my entire eating program had changed. I don't eat a whole lot of stuff I used to eat and I don't eat very much. One would think I'd get thinner, but I guess that chocolate and oatmeal Cookies can put a damper on that. But it's amazing how much my food choices have changed in less than a year. I do make my own pizza with a very thin crust and I like that though I can't eat very much of it. I get full on half of a personal pan pizza size pizza. But I love pizza and I'm not giving it up. chicken is very difficult to eat as is prime rib. But I'd like to get rid of this slime stuff. Did you know that you can blow bubbles with slime? Just thought I'd let you know. I blew some really big bubbles tonight.

sjsails-you might be too tight, and occasionally stretching you pouch and eating more. Not being able to eat for most of the day sounds like too tight to me..... I went though pouch dilation because I was too tight and even liquids were backing up and stetching my pouch....

This poll didn't have an option for me, I don't eat junk food all day, but usually I have at least one thing a day that was not a great choice. Ok, maybe more than one thing.

I'm almost 6 weeks out and fear eating anyting 'bad'. I've had problems keeping things down that I'm supposed to eat and I don't want to tempt fate on stuff that I'm not, it's not worth it to me....

I'm kind of in between as well.on days that are really tight, junk doesn't go down any easier than anything else and I'm usually on Soup, or as I call it, the 6 bites a day diet. If I do it "right" I can use those times to lose weight better than other times. My biggest downfall honestly isn't food, it's mixed drinks. I don't have them every day or anything, but if I cut them out, I'd be all the better for it.

On a day when I'm loser, eating something like chicken or steak definately works the way it's supposed to; if I eat small bites, and chew well, I can get in a few ounces of the meat, and few bites of veggies or whatever and then I'm 'full', and I'm not hungry for a good long time. If I have Soup on one of these days where I'm loser, I get hungry faster.

The bad thing that goes down really easily for me is popcorn. For some reason if I am eating pocorn, it's like I don't have a band. I wonder why that is??