Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gun Enthusiasts Mobilize

I can understand if someone doesn't want a gun in their own home, it makes great action in horror movies. The girl, home alone, runs up the stairs and locks the door and grabs a lamp as a weapon as the scary man slowly climbs to the top of the stairs. LOL, not in this house, he would be met with due force.

I am an Army Brat, AirForce Wife, my husband is now Medically retired, and has his CHL (TX Concealed Handgun License). He doesn't carry his handgun to KILL someone, he carries it to protect someone FROM being hurt. I am scheduled to take my course on Feb 16 (woohoo!). I have one handgun and several rifles. (handed down from my grandfather and father). My father is now a gunsmith and taught us - all of his children and many grandchildren (very young) how to handle guns and use them as intended, to protect ourselves. By age 9, I was bringing in cattle with my 22 slung over the saddle. At that age I used it to kill hogs that took out a couple of our dogs and as protection from whatever I might have encountered. Grant it, I was, and still am a CRACK shot.

I didn't feel so strongly about carrying a concealed weapon until I was stalked many years ago. It went on for about 2 years, to the point where I moved over and over and lived in constant fear. I was in college and didn't have a handgun, just a rifle by the bed. When I told my parents about it, my dad sent me home with his 357. It didn't stop the fear, but it helped. A lot.

I can understand if someone doesn't want a gun in their own home, it makes great action in horror movies. The girl, home alone, runs up the stairs and locks the door and grabs a lamp as a weapon as the scary man slowly climbs to the top of the stairs. LOL, not in this house, he would be met with due force.

I am an Army Brat, AirForce Wife, my husband is now Medically retired, and has his CHL (TX Concealed Handgun License). He doesn't carry his handgun to KILL someone, he carries it to protect someone FROM being hurt. I am scheduled to take my course on Feb 16 (woohoo!). I have one handgun and several rifles. (handed down from my grandfather and father). My father is now a gunsmith and taught us - all of his children and many grandchildren (very young) how to handle guns and use them as intended, to protect ourselves. By age 9, I was bringing in cattle with my 22 slung over the saddle. At that age I used it to kill hogs that took out a couple of our dogs and as protection from whatever I might have encountered. Grant it, I was, and still am a CRACK shot.

I didn't feel so strongly about carrying a concealed weapon until I was stalked many years ago. It went on for about 2 years, to the point where I moved over and over and lived in constant fear. I was in college and didn't have a handgun, just a rifle by the bed. When I told my parents about it, my dad sent me home with his 357. It didn't stop the fear, but it helped. A lot.

All I say is can you talk to my woman ! LOL You Rock ! I have been trying to get her to go shooting with me for a while now. :faint:

I took my wife shooting and let her try out several types of guns. A few dif. pistols, rifles, shotguns. Of all the guns she shot that day, she said "I like the 12 gage best" She felt she had more command of the weapon and the pistols felt like they were going to jump out of her hand. I did have her loaded up with some light loads on the 12 ga.

Ya know, I figured even with light loads... at 10 feet across a room, a shell full of bird shot will get the job done for home defense. I sure would not want to have several hundred #6 pellets coming at me in a less than 8 inch circle at about 1100 feet/second!

Both my husband and I have our TX CHL, we own several guns - in all types including automatic, I like my little Keltec 380. I was never a fan of guns, part of my NY upbringing, but I married a good ol' TX boy who was hunting at the age of 5. We are EXTREMELY deligent in the housing of guns, our safes are bolted down through our wood floors & each gun is locked in it's own casing. I'm on a ranch now, so the shot gun is a necessary daily it seems with the coyote problem. We've lost a few dogs due to them, one pop sound and they take off running.

I go every year and take additionally classes, I've actually grown to enjoy going to the range. MO, if your going to have a gun....be liscensed & be responsible.

I have always been more comfortable with a rifle, but I like small ones. I have a little 22 that has been handed down, it shoots like a little pop gun, no kick, not loud and perfectly accurate. My handgun is a 32, the smallest cal we can qualify with here in TX. I am not as comfortable with a heavy handgun, after a few shots, my wrist (I guess) gets tired/sore, and I start loosing my accuracy. My husband took me to an indoor range last week (my first trip) - coming from the country, we always practice at the Deer Lease - but they setup the distances as if I were shooting to qualify, 3, 7 & 15 yards - and I had to put 20 shots in the first and second and 10 in the third - not one miss. I was pretty impressed with myself :-)

I was trained initially with the handguns: glock 23 40cal & colt delta elite 10mm. Hubby wanted me to learn w/the big boys and not a PU$$Y gun, though they did jack my hand up with the thousands of rounds they have you shooting. My hand is pretty small (I'm only 5'), so he bought me the Keltec to keep in my Hummer. It's nice to have if I need it.

Rifles are hard for me, except our AR15 (that's a fun one) - Might be that my arms aren't that strong and they are nubs (short) according to husband - I'd like to take a class this spring on them.

Enjoy chatting, my NY family is rolling over in their graves knowing I'm on a ranch now / shooting shit...LOL