Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and ready for a change

Hi

This has been a long hard battle. 2 year ago both my wife and I were approved for Gastric By Pass Dow (385) Deb (300) Our Insurance change weeks before surgery and weight loss surgery was no longer paid for. We were afaid we were dieing high blood,sugar you know the story. We worked the low carb thing with al our might. In one year I lost 80lbs and Deb 50lbs, but after a year staying on the diet no more weight loss now a year later still dieting no more weight loss. 5lbs up and down. Health is some better, but still need to loss 100lbs each. We have been saving every dollar we can put together trying to saving for the by-pass. But now 2 years later the bypass is 9000.00 more than it was 2 years ago. Our Doctor saw the despair on our face when we meet to talk about the surgery. Now increasing faster than we can save. Our doctor ask if we had concidered The lap band. He said he knew other cash payers were going to Mexico. This put us on a new and hopeful track. After alot of research we desided to go to Monterrey to Dr. Sanchez. Both my wife and I will be banded on Oct 4th 04

Congratulations

I flew to Monterrey MX and had my lapband placed by Dr. Sanchez! He is a wonderful, caring doctor and I recommend him highly.

Persistence pays! I'm so sorry that you both have had such a hard time. But I know this will just help you be more successful as bandsters. Best of luck to both of you! Wow, you'll be each other's support system! How cool is that!:)

Good For you..I have heard great things about the doctor you have chosen and it is great that you and your wife can have it done together..you have your own little mini support group with eachother. Hope all goes smooth for you both ...Congratulations, you will love your bands!

Congratulations!

Even though I didn't have the same surgeon as you, I also flew to Monterrey for my surgery.

I think it's wonderful that you and your wife will be banded at the same time. What a wonderful support system you two must be for each other.

October 4th will be here before you know it :)

Wow, that is really great that you and your wife will do this together!!! Personally, I think you will be happier and healthier with the lapband....Good luck!

We are happy to do this together. We've been married for 20 years and have meet alot of goals together. I can't wait to slim down together.

Frank,

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful that you and your wife are finally able to do this together. I can't help but agree with a prior person that you'll be happier and healthier with the band than the by-pass. It sounds like you are both willing to work at weight loss but want to see results with all the work. The band is all that. We do still have to work a bit to make sure we are eating the required calories and Proteins but it is like dieting made 100X easier and we do see results. Best of luck to both of you and hope you keep us updated. I too had my surgery in Mexico but in Tijuana with a different doctor. It was overall a very good experience and the hospitals there are comfortable. Teresa

Congratulations! I know your excited! I'm excited for both of you. I wanted to do the same thing with my husband but it did'nt work out in the end. Thers still hope!

Congrats Frank;

I wish you the best of luck. It sounds as though you and your wife have the dedication to make this work together.

My wife and I had also gone through everything together up until the time of the procedure itself. She had to begin Chemo for her battle with breast cancer. It is helpful to have somebody to share the experience with, and to also hold us accountable...

'Keep us posted!