Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dance Lessons.. NSV

Kick up them heels! Sounds like a wonderful idea... hmmm... maybe I'll try and talk my hubby into doing something like that! What a great NSV Leatha... you are really grabbing life by the horns! Have fun!

Darcy

Tonight was the 2nd night for dance lessons. I was feeling kind of puny today. I considered staying home because we can do makeup practice on Thursdays if we miss. I talked myself into just going and not wimping out and I'm really glad.

This time we worked on learning the Waltz, which I've done since I was a kid, so I didn't have to work as hard mentally as the Progressive 2 Step. It was fun!

There are some guys there that really have a tough time. They've never danced at all. Trying to get a rhythm and this teacher is telling them to count (which I hate). Those of us who are single switch partners a couple of times, so at least we get to dance with different levels of leaders. Some have better rhythm than others. But, it is neat to see them learning and seeing that they can do it. What's neater is that as you look around the room, EVERYONE has a smile on their face or they're laughing. That feels good.

I've always loved dancing. It just makes you feel alive all over. When you leave, your body knows it's had a workout, your hair is wet, your makeup is gone, but you just feel invigorated in every cell of your body (except your feet).

This Saturday is a dance seminar at Gilley's. It lasts from 12pm til 6:30, then most everyone stays for the regular dance til 2am. Wow! Do you know how long it's been since I spent a whole day doing anything social? much less dancing and laughing and smiling til my face feels like it might crack?

Actually, it brings tears to my eyes when I think of all that I have given up with my weight gain. All that I have been missing because of my lack of self-esteem and because my body simply hurt too bad to move it. :mad: This disease is so much more about depression and self-loathing than we give it credit for. What in us gets to that place that gives in and lets it take over our very existence? What hidden strength in us fights our way to the surface to reclaim all that we have given away? I wonder..

It has been a good week simply because I took this one step. My body felt better, my outlook was brighter, I smiled more, I talked more. I bought myself shoes that I never in a million years thought I could wear ever again this week. I was even able to wear them to work the whole day! It's baby steps, but it feels like giant leaps to me!:D

Good for you, Leatha! I'm so glad that you found this! Isn't it wonderful when that something clicks! I know you are the cutest, little thing out there on that floor. I bet those guys are fighting each other off to get to you first! Now, are you going to be riding Gilley's bull next? (Think Debra Winger, John Travolta....hmmm.):mad:

Leatha -

I SO love that you are doing this for yourself!! Whoo hooo!! And I really love that you're getting out there and having a wonderful time. It's just going to get better and better!! :mad:

:banana

Way to go Leatha! I am so glad you are enjoying your classes on dancing. I thought you were just doing the line dancing thing, but it sounds like you are doing it all! Are you going by yourself or with a friend? That sounds like so much fun! Next you will be tellling us about the new beau you met! :mad: :D :D

Have fun, and keep us posted!

Betty

Originally posted by Iluvharleys

Are you going by yourself or with a friend?

Betty

Nope. It's just me! Since joining, though, some of the people in the facility I'm working in has expressed an interest in going, so I may just wind up among friends after all.

I'm glad you are enjoying your dancing Leatha. It sounds like a lot of fun and you're burning up those calories. Way to go.

Boo hoo, I'm the only one that can't figure out what "NSV" means. Something about goals & dreams?

Leatha, I'd be next to you on the dance floor if I were there! I've always been a big dancer since the disco days doing the Hustle at a club called My Uncle's! I used to go folk dancing, square dancing, line dancing. I even danced last weekend in my biker boots at a bar where the band was playing Tainted Love. I dance in my office, in my car, in my underwear. I'm jealous!

NSV - Non scale Victory

Onederland - When you get below 200 pounds

PB - Productive burp

NSAIDs - Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatories

Anyone want to start a new "Band Language thread?

Anyone old enough to remember Steve Martin's stand-up acts in the 70s? He was hysterical and said a fun trick is to teach kids how to talk wrong. So his kid's in 1st grade and has to go to the bathroom, so he raises his hand and says, "Me am amm moo dog face in the banana patch."

??? Maybe you had to be there.