Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gym Rats: Daily supplement list?

Ya, it is best to know than not to know. I would assume small calorie count in just about any supplement really. May be negligible but still there.

I do believe the ZMA is helping. I have been sleeping much more sound. Had off day yesterday and legs today, still letting upper body recover from 3 very big days in the gym. I am not sore I can just tell my body is a bit tires. Tomorrow is another big day. My arms do feel fuller and I have gone up at least 10 lbs across the board on my starting and max weights. I am also using betaine if you want to look that one up as well. GAT has a post workout powder that has HMB in it.

How is the HMB and betaine supplement experiment going? Any progress that you would like to share? I just started a new PWO (for me) called Legion Pulse. I really like it because of the clean energy and ingredient list. Very high quality ingredients in the right doses, including betaine. I have been using assault and 1mr vortex in the last month while working on p90x, assault for lift days (works awesome for leg day or chest and back day) and 1 mr for cardio days (works great on plyo). Overall, I think assault is good, but it has a little too much beast mode enabler in it. After taking it, I am ready to punch a hole in the wall with the rawness of it. Well, not really, but I am muttering about how I am going to kill my workout on the way up there. How it is going to die at my mercy. Bhwaaahahaha... Legion pulse is more like a constant reservoir of energy to dip into and it helped me get some really decent weights on my arm day today. Really felt pumped and it felt good doing the heavy curls. Look at the ingredients online. You will see it has betaine. Surprisingly, it does not have creatine, but I can always add in 5 g.

Edited by Fiddleman

The HMB did nothing that I could tell. The betaine is gods gift to arms. I have 2 shoulder injuries in my right arm and a badgering elbow strain on my left. Needless to say my right bi cep is bigger than my left (not noticed but by me) and my left shoulder is bigger (more defined) than my right. Since starting betaine the gains in both weak areas is going away, quite nicely.

I can't decide on the ZMA. For a sleep enhancer it sucks. I sleep better if I forget it. Now the 10k Aminos, Aminocore, and hydro builder (protien with creatine and betaine post drink) are all doing their jobs very well. I mainly stick to C4. I took some assault over a week ago and threw up 5 min into my workout to come down with strep so I took 5 days off and am on my second day back taking it slow. The thought of taking assault right now turns my little stomach.

Funny though. I have hovered at 195lbs for months now, which is fine. I took 5 days off and lost 5.5 lbs. I have been 189lbs for several days now and can notice. I went down a pant size. It isn't muscle and certainly isn't a loss any where I can see but will take it. I would like to hit 185 for a while and then build it back to 195lbs with very heavy lifting then cut that forever.

About weight loss and training or HIIT. I have never found my weight to go down when doing hard core workouts. However, I do trim up and my muscles grow. Sort of a lean bulking process. That is why I really do not ever care to track on the scale any longer. If I am happy about what I see with my two eyes, then all is good. I am comfortable in my own skin, so to say.

I too enjoy the HydroBuilder, but really only use it sparingly pre workout mixed with some steel oats (1/2 scoop). For after the workout, I have switched to using a scoop of gold standard whey for faster bioavailability mixed with some carbs. Otherwise I shoot for gold standard whey in the morning (1st and 2nd meals) and gold standard casein at bed. Since I have been using MFP this month, I have consistently targeted 250-255 G Protein daily (lean Protein and powders). That is 50% of my daily allotted calories of 1800. 30% go to (good) carb and 20% to fat. It is working well and my body is rapidly a-changin' with this nutrition and p90x workouts. I feel pretty good with these supplements.

I had heard HMB was for recovery, but that was some time ago (when it just came out). But I wouldnt expect gains, just quicker turnaround and less soreness.

Ya HMB didn't give me any edge in recovery that I could note and you have to take it all day so I let it go. I am really only supplementing about 150 grams of protien a day and then what I eat. I weigh myself out of habit but don't really care what it says. I have been working toward a casein Protein but haven't broke down and gotten any yet. I will probably pick up one that had isolate and casein mixed for my nightcap. I have been feeling a little like I have been walking a fine line to injury. Mountain bike season on the horizon I am backing off just a tad. 2 days training 1 off. It also makes me use my time in the gym smarter making sure I am hitting what I need to with maximal effort not having that 3rd day to pick up the slack.

I tell ya though. 190 in my condition I am really going to dominate my class this year racing. I am really amped up but being patient. Summer will come and I will get my chance. I don't really know how to carb load as I have always just eaten what I wanted in the past so this will be interesting. Lots of research and a learning curve.