Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

Did you have WLS to get pregnant. Was your periods irregular before?

My periods were regular prior to having WLS, but loosing the weight did help conceive. It took 2 months to find out that we were expecting. I had wls to just get healthy.

congrats on the pregnancy! I cant believe its been over 8 months since my wls. I havent lost any weight in the last month and a half. I would like to loose 30 more pounds, but my hunger levels have returned, and im stuggling to keep from gaining. I feel much better, but have to accept the fact, that i must be diligent to stay on top of this!

I'm in the same boat. I feel like I may be finished losing. I am 7 lbs from my goal. I'm sure if I buckle down I can get there. But it's hard. On the other hand I am wearing size 5-7 pants so that's pretty impressive. I should be proud of myself.

My pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I am still happy that I could conceive.

I am 5 lbs away from goal weight! Getting so close.

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage :(. I finally found my way into this post! It's been way to long! I am really struggling with my journey! I am stuck on a plateau for 3 mths up and down within 5 lbs so very frustrating!! I had hoped to lose an extra 5 lbs by Dec 31. But that does not look like it will happen! I can eat everything and anything with no problems and this makes this journey so hard. When I look in a mirror I see a new me very exciting!! But when I look down at myself I still see the 275 lbs Nettie :(! I now weigh 180 my goal by next December 31st (2015) is to weigh about 150. Initially my goal was to wear a size 14-12. Now that has changed to a 10-12. I live being able to shop in a regular section!! No more plus size which is the best feeling ever!! I am a comfortable 14 sometimes 16 depends on brand. My sisters tell me I am good where I am at and that I can stop losing now. I exercise weekly maybe not as often as I should but at least I am no longer a complete couch potato! I go to aerobics every Monday and play volleyball for 90 minutes every Wednesday! Love those days!! With our freezing cold winters it's tread-milling for me! I would love to hear more updates!! How are you doing Jaci? Are you at goal?

I am at 145 now. My goal is 140. 5 more lbs. Also stuck for about 3 months. Starting to slowly go down again so I hope to get there eventually. At 5'3" being 140 would make me "normal" bmi. Haven't been normal in forever. Lol. But I can share clothes with my 16yo daughter so I'm very pleased.

Hello all! Well it's been a year for most of us in the Jan. 2014 thread. How's everyone doing? My journey has been good but all of a sudden something has changed and I have my appetite back with a vengeance. On the day of surgery 1-28-14 I was 243. I am now 150 last time I weighted but judging my appetite I'm not so sure. It's been a fight for me every step of the way. I work out everyday for approx 2 hours 5-7 days a week. I run approx 100 plus miles a month and lift weights. I've fought for every pound. I'm not going to lie I've been frustrated watching people who don't exercise drop weight faster and easier than me but it's something I've always struggled with.

Has anyone that is now a year out noticed their appetite returning? If so, how are you dealing with it?

I look forward to hearing from everyone

Edited by Meintraining

Hi everyone! I too have my appetite back! I have been dealing with it by drinking a lot. I drink Water in the morning with my Vitamins, then coffee, then a Premier Protein shake for Breakfast, then coffee again. That's my breakfast. Then I drink on my 64 oz water till lunch. I eat my normal lunch, then one hour later, I start on my 64 oz water again till dinner. I eat dinner, then I usually have watermelon or berries in the evening, before bed I drink more! This is my daily routine. If I have a tiny taste of something, I try not worry about it. I have lost 125lbs. I'd like to lose 20 more pounds, but my doctor thinks I'm finished. I try to workout 1/2 hour 3 or 4 times a week. I use a treadmill, gazelle and bow flex. I've been thinking about everyone, I hope you are all well!

Good morning, it has been quite a while since I have checked in. I hope you are all doing well. I am about 10 pounds away from goal weight. I will try to get a picture up some time today. That blob in the upper left hand corner is gone. :-)

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been approved for panniculectomy. Very happy. I have lost 41% of my initial weight. Now just to wait for a surgery date.