Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Proud and Successful Newbie :)

Hello name is Dee, March 1st will mark my 4 year surgerversery, Gastric Bypass, RouNY. Started out 208 lbs. My lowest weight was 113 lbs, I've stabilized at 115 lbs as of today. I must admit, I'm a bit of a "Peacock", only because I pride or pat myself on the back, for finding what works for me and making it a lifestyle instead of a life change. I found a (hard won) solution to be friends with the foods I love and to tweek them to fit into my life. With that said, it isn't always easy to be spot on. Life happens and my relatives make unplanned visits..but I dust myself off, and go forward. I didn't always have this attitude. For me, being overweight wasn't a good thing. I wasn't a 'Loud and Proud' BBW (Big Beautiful Woman). I was unhealthy. Period. All the health issues that come with being FAT..I had'um. Proud moment for my Doctor who watched me get FAT over the years, poor him who had to suffer threw me! My DENIAL FILE was pretty thick! Poor guy had to lug that to all his visits with me. He otta get a metal.

This surgery was a God send, and a 'Once in a life time' GIFT, from the ALMIGHTY above, as I see it, and I treat it as such. My second chance, if you will. I wont even get into the exercise thing..I do it, but I aint at the 'loving it' stage yet, still allergic to it, but who knows, maybe some day while I'm swearing and sweating I'll get an epiphany and fall in love with it. Yeaahh I wont hold my breath on that one. Anyhoo HI :)

Hello name is Dee, March 1st will mark my 4 year surgerversery, Gastric Bypass, RouNY. Started out 208 lbs. My lowest weight was 113 lbs, I've stabilized at 115 lbs as of today. I must admit, I'm a bit of a "Peacock", only because I pride or pat myself on the back, for finding what works for me and making it a lifestyle instead of a life change. I found a (hard won) solution to be friends with the foods I love and to tweek them to fit into my life. With that said, it isn't always easy to be spot on. Life happens and my relatives make unplanned visits..but I dust myself off, and go forward. I didn't always have this attitude. For me, being overweight wasn't a good thing. I wasn't a 'Loud and Proud' BBW (Big Beautiful Woman). I was unhealthy. Period. All the health issues that come with being FAT..I had'um. Proud moment for my Doctor who watched me get FAT over the years, poor him who had to suffer threw me! My DENIAL FILE was pretty thick! Poor guy had to lug that to all his visits with me. He otta get a metal. This surgery was a God send, and a 'Once in a life time' GIFT, from the ALMIGHTY above, as I see it, and I treat it as such. My second chance, if you will. I wont even get into the exercise thing..I do it, but I aint at the 'loving it' stage yet, still allergic to it, but who knows, maybe some day while I'm swearing and sweating I'll get an epiphany and fall in love with it. Yeaahh I wont hold my breath on that one. Anyhoo HI :)

Hi Dee,

So glad you are joining us on this journey. Sounds like you have figured something's out, hope you won't m be us asking you questions. Welcome!

Hello name is Dee, March 1st will mark my 4 year surgerversery, Gastric Bypass, RouNY. Started out 208 lbs. My lowest weight was 113 lbs, I've stabilized at 115 lbs as of today. I must admit, I'm a bit of a "Peacock", only because I pride or pat myself on the back, for finding what works for me and making it a lifestyle instead of a life change. I found a (hard won) solution to be friends with the foods I love and to tweek them to fit into my life. With that said, it isn't always easy to be spot on. Life happens and my relatives make unplanned visits..but I dust myself off, and go forward. I didn't always have this attitude. For me, being overweight wasn't a good thing. I wasn't a 'Loud and Proud' BBW (Big Beautiful Woman). I was unhealthy. Period. All the health issues that come with being FAT..I had'um. Proud moment for my Doctor who watched me get FAT over the years, poor him who had to suffer threw me! My DENIAL FILE was pretty thick! Poor guy had to lug that to all his visits with me. He otta get a metal. This surgery was a God send, and a 'Once in a life time' GIFT, from the ALMIGHTY above, as I see it, and I treat it as such. My second chance, if you will. I wont even get into the exercise thing..I do it, but I aint at the 'loving it' stage yet, still allergic to it, but who knows, maybe some day while I'm swearing and sweating I'll get an epiphany and fall in love with it. Yeaahh I wont hold my breath on that one. Anyhoo HI :)

Hi Dee!

So glad to have ya here!! You will have tons of info to put into those of us getting ready to go thru or just went thru this surgery. You will be a great asset on our journeys or sure!!! Welcome! :)

Ohhh six babies..lol..I love it!!! Yup your gonna need all the energy you can muster!!!..lol..six babies, love that.

Welcome Ms. Dee! It is always so great to have veterans join our forum. There are a lot of great folks here who will surely benefit from your experience and insight. I love your success and your honesty about the challenges you have faced. I know it's almost a cliché but I think many would love to read your thoughts on the key(s) to long term success. Thanks so much and again - welcome!!

Ohhh six babies..lol..I love it!!! Yup your gonna need all the energy you can muster!!!..lol..six babies, love that.

Dee, not sure if u seen this pic I posted... But here's my kiddos.... post-201264-0-77270300-1389547456_thumb.jpg ] post-201264-0-08575400-1389547385_thumb.jpg post-201264-0-97961500-1389547364_thumb.jpg Click each attatchment to see the pics! All but one of my kiddos is posted.... She's 15 and wasn't having it! Lol I have em from 3-20!

post-201264-0-04724700-1389547415_thumb.jpg

Edited by *Misty*Raine*

Thank you Mr. Coggin, I will try my best to convey my thoughts and experiences to the best of my ability. Sometimes its hell living in this head :)

Misty!!! lol Thank you for the awesome photos, I'll take the cutie with the scrub brush!! I figure if you can put a cleaning implement in a child hand and get that kind of smile..I'll take 2 to go!!! :)

Thank you Mr. Coggin, I will try my best to convey my thoughts and experiences to the best of my ability. Sometimes its hell living in this head :) Misty!!! lol Thank you for the awesome photos, I'll take the cutie with the scrub brush!! I figure if you can put a cleaning implement in a child hand and get that kind of smile..I'll take 2 to go!!! :)

I was cleaning the bathroom, and went to take the dirty clothes to the laundry, come back and find my daughter trying to clean that toilet! I flipped! I'm saying how gross that is......She died laughing at me and I snapped a photo!

Totally excited! I love your attitude. I'm pre-op and have a very similar attitude now! I can't wait for surgery. I'm ready to tackle this head on and let God handle the fears. He can have those while I do the physical labor! (:

Totally excited! I love your attitude. I'm pre-op and have a very similar attitude now! I can't wait for surgery. I'm ready to tackle this head on and let God handle the fears. He can have those while I do the physical labor! (:

When r u thinking Ull have surgery?!?

You go MELMOMMY!!!!

OH let me just say something about your Eval..Please take this opportunity to totally unload on your Physc..It was the first time in my life that I'd been to a therapist. She explained to me that this was my time to explain to her, why I was sitting in her office, what got me there, and please not to tell her because its mandatory to get the surgery, because she could see right threw that. She didn't want all the right answers. What she wanted was for me to succeed in my Journey, and why she was a necessary evil. I love her. I still call her when ever I need her, even today, 4 years later. So please take advantage of this part of your Journey, its really the most important one. It was hard to look deep inside myself, it was ugly there and I don't want to go there, but she was awesome, and I did look, I cried, yelled, swore, you get the picture. Good times...lol

I shouldn't have a problem being a total basket case when I get in there. Lol I currently, or did I guess... Take celexa, buspirone, and trazadone for depression and severe anxiety.. The depression started pp after I had my nearly 4 yr old son. I think I use it more now to calm my nerves. Lol Anyway.. My psych nurse practitioner says I've not seen her since June (which isn't true bc I saw her in Sept. And was on a 3 month schedule) so she's refused my med refills. Well I've been without meds now for 3 weeks. My anxiety is absolutely out of control and driving me crazy and I've been an emotional basket case. I won't have nearly enough drugs in me come Thursday so the dr I'm seeing will see the unmedicated me. Haha

I had a bit of a huge little meltdown today... :/ I googled before and after WLS pics.... That probably was not the best idea seeing as I'd already been feeling crappy. I had avoided looking up til today simply bc I knew I was going to see some pics of people with similar body shapes as mine. That was a hard pill to swallow at the moment BUT it's not hindered my determination to keep going forward. I'm more tired of being tired from carrying all this excess weight around and going to the dr for a routine checkup only to find something else is wrong with me that likely wouldn't be happening if I wasn't so overweight. That utter exhaustion and health issues bother me a lot more than the fact that I will have some saggy baggies all over. The saggy baggies can be fixed (mostly) with cosmetic surgery down the road and a long talk with my boyfriend makes me feel 100% better about it all! (:

I think you've just described most of us here on this site!!!!..we're with ya honey!..well seeing your going ahead with the surgery, let me say this...you will never regret your choice if you go into it with the full knowledge and understanding that it had RULES. I always tell people who ask me about this surgery, that if you can not follow rules don't have this surgery. There are guidelines and Doctors instructions that must be follow to the letter, and when you deviate from that, is when complication arise. But as you progress in your Journey and you start to feel life flooding back into you body, it is the most unbelievable feeling. My absolute joy came when one by one, each med bottle got thrown away or I no longer need it. That's when I knew this was the right decision for me. I was slowly getting HEALTHY, and so will you, you cant help it, it just happens, its quite amazing,