Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kinda worried. .. I can eat too much

Im only 11 weeks out and all of a sudden I feel like most of my restriction is gone. I've been eating way to much at a time lately. It's not that I'm hungry but I feel like my body needs more fuel. The loss of restriction worries me a lot though

Even with dense Protein? How many ounces of dense protein can you get down!

I dont know if it's pms or what but I decided to foray into forbidden pizza land today and ate 2 slices from a large pizza! Why can I even do that?

I feel like I can eat a lot more than most people report. Then again, I'm still losing weight and I'm not eating more than 1100 calories on my biggest days. I'll mention it to the doctor but so far I'm not freaked out.

I can easily eat 4 oz of dense Protein, just as a reference.

I have been so good... I eat really clean and choose my foods carefully due to struggling to get in even 800 calories. But in the last 3 days ive eaten a bag of dark chocolate covered almonds, a bag of cinnamon glazed almonds, two been burritos from taco bell and two slices of pizza!! I don't know what happened to me? Just out of the blue! I've been doing soooooooo great it's like im sabotaging myself. .. but I dont want to sabotage myself. I feel like I fell off a ledge or like I pushed myself off and im terrified.

Almost 4 mos. out for me, and last week I noticed I can take in more than normal as well. I think my husband was shocked when we went to Taco Bell and I got a crunchy taco and a pintos n cheese and I ate all the taco and most of the Beans.

You are right, I feel like my body needs the fuel as well. I think during the holidays I allowed myself to eat more crap than I should have...but once I stuck my mind to going back to clean eating, I've been fine. So fine, that the husband came home with doughnuts for Breakfast on my birthday (over the weekend) that I actually passed them up and had my usual yogurt for Breakfast. I think we are getting close to how much we will always be able to eat, and now is when the real work will kick in.

Question about your pizza...are you able to eat regular crust? I haven't tolerated it well..The only way I can eat it is if I have thin crust.

I dont know if it's pms or what but I decided to foray into forbidden pizza land today and ate 2 slices from a large pizza! Why can I even do that?

I can eat two slices of pizza, no problem. I thought I was the only one! (Regular crust, too.) I feel like I can eat A LOT.

I have to work really hard to continue losing weight. Not that the sleeve isn't a huge help! But for me, surgery wasn't enough to help me to overcome the cravings, or to restrict enough calories (if I make bad choices). I need to try really hard to make sure I'm making good choices, or I could easily gain all the weight back--sleeve or no sleeve.

I understand how you feel. Things were so good right after surgery, then all of a sudden you find you can eat more, and then you find yourself eating something on the "forbidden" list, and your mind starts going crazy! Just don't let it get to you. Stay calm, keep doing what you're doing, and all will be well! You're eating clean, so don't worry about how much you can eat or if you had something you shouldn't have, just stay focused on continuing to eat clean. You've got this. :)

I'm a year out and I can eat two pieces of a small papa johns pizza at one sitting. You'll probably continue to find that you can eat more than you want to be able to eat. Try to eat clean. This is where the hard part comes in.

Take care Seela, just because you can doesn't mean you should... measure your food, and keep the portions small. Protein first. Some foods, sliders, you can eat more of, they just go down easy and leave your stomach quickly. Do not drink while eating, this is a way to eat more. You can still burst your staples and get a leak.... take care! 11 weeks is too early to pack in so much food in one day! (even if you are hungry and it tastes good)

Leave the starches behind for now. In the first months, eat dense Protein first. Not pizza, not Beans and cheese, not popcorn, etc. Eating dense Protein helps ensure you are getting the protein your body needs to continue healing and retain muscle and it helps prevent overeating.

Lynda

I'm 16 months out and I can't eat 1 slice of pizza! That sounds crazy that you can eat 2. How did you feel after eating 2 slices? Were you so full you were sick?

I am about 6 months out and have done well thus far. Today and yesterday I felt like I could really eat more and had urges to eat that I haven't had in a while. It is scary and a reminder to get back on track!! Protein first!

You probably can't eat a lot of dense Protein. Most of us can eat a lot of certain foods. I ate 1300 calories today. How? Normal Breakfast, morning snack, and lunch. Ice cream twice, and (half) a small burger and (1/4 of) a small fries for dinner. It wasn't a normal day, I own all the choices, I walked like crazy and I logged it all.

Capacity differs by meal, day, time of day, mood, what you have been doing, the shape and size of your sleeve, etc. don't constantly test your limits. Follow the rules most of the time. At the same time, you won't ruin your sleeve with a meal or a day of less than stellar choices.

I find that logging my food makes me more conscious of what I eat (at least in the past, I have no inclination to cheat as I'm only 3 weeks out right now).

If that doesn't solve your quandary, then my only idea would be to seek psychological help as to your inability to control intake or possible self-sabotaging behavior.

I find that most people don't like to think they need to see a psychologist to examine eating habits though...

I was banded 2 weeks ago and feel as though I never had surgery. I get my first fill on jan 17th. I am making healthy choices but it is a struggle everyday not to go back to my poor eating choices. I have no problems eating or drinking anything. I guess I was hoping for too much from the band the first few weeks. A lot harder than I anticipated!