Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having a lot of problems. of sure if anybody.else had the same problems

I'm 1 month out of surgery, I have lost 34.5lbs. The last few weeks, I'm having a very hard time taking my pills and getting Protein in. I don't even feel like eating, and if I do I end up getting sick. I get sick more often. In the last week, I have been having a lot of pain in my stomach. The other day I was walking around the mall with my bf, and I barely made it back to the other in before getting sick. I see my doctor on the 7th, and she is about a hour away, and with the snow storm I haven't been able to make it done there. I do plan on going to the ER tonight, but I don't know what else to do before than. I have three small children and I feel useless. Is anybody else having or had this problems in the first month and goes it get better...

I would deff go to the ER and get checked out! let us know how it goes... (I'm 3 months out and have had no real problem...knock on wood)

You might have a stricture.

Go to ER as soon as you can. You need to be seen by a professional!

Agree with the above, something is up and I'm suspicious you're now getting dehydrated. It definitely needs evaluated ASAP. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

I have been plagued with nausea since my surgery and I too get those kinds of pains. Worse when I eat and drink. They ran a bunch of tests on me and for the most part most came back normal. I had to do 3 nausea medicines in order to get over my bump. Once I got caught up on my Water intake I slowly got better. I'm not gonna lie though I still have a couple of days a week where I froth and vomit. My surgeon told me sometimes it can last up to 6 months. Some people's stomachs swell more and get annoyed easier. I also find if I throw up on Monday, Tuesday I'm sore and not gonna eat or drink much because I am green.

I too have been getting nauseous an having a difficult time getting Water and Proteins in. I should be able to eat soft foods now but I have to wait 1:30 between drinking and I just can't do that if I want to come close to half my daily water intake. I went in to the ER at a week out for abdominal pain but everything was ok internally, I was just dehydrated. However I have started feeling the same way again, but I don't want to go in just for fluids. I don't understand why I keep getting sick to even look at water or smell food.

Ladies , please don't worry ... It will pass.. The surgery is a blessing but before it's better , it gets worse ... It's hard in the first few months ... The pain can come from dehydration , Constipation , etc...it's frustrating since you don't know what normal and what is...I maybe got 8 oz of Water in my first few months...it's skit of juggling ...some things will go down fine one day and the next day if could hurt;(

I've been in the same boat. I had surgery June 20. I never want to eat and when I do it's very little. After surgery I wasn't able to do Protein shakes milk or eggs so I have to did my Protein other ways. In October I got severely dehydrated and malnourished. The admitted me to the hospital place a PICC line in my arm and sent me home to get TPN through a pump at night. While I'm on TPN I eat a little bit more but no where close to what I'm suppose to have. Few months later and a lot of test the determined nothing is wrong and we arnt sure why my body isn't absorbing. Thankfully last week all my level came up an I was taking off TPN. We will see what happens from know on. I'm forcing 30-60 grams of protein a day and about 20 ounces of Water. I'm constantly forcing myself eat something.

I have lost 100lbs but I went Nov-feb not losing anything because the TPN kept me at a plateau.

Let us know what you doctors come up with. You could have a stricture r ulcer. I have neither and I hate eating.