Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op diet stages

Have you tried unflavored Protein Powder? You can add it to most anything liquid or even mushy...soups, mashed potatoes, refried Beans, yogurt, chicken salad, hummus, etc. to try and up your Protein intake. I've been using it pre and post op so I've never had to completely rely on shakes for my protein. Unjury also makes a high protein cheese sauce that I put in Soups (chicken, mushroom, tortilla) that is pretty yummy. You could also pour it on top of soft veggies if you are allowed them at this stage.

it sure is a eye opener when a person physically cant eat what we have been for many years. But in some ways very interesting on how much crap we have punished our poor stomachs all these years. I dont know what it is but I cant handle protien shakes right now and milk which i used to love kinda tastes weird now. I also can taste right away now when there is those artificial sweeteners in the drinks or foods it is nasty. Thank you to everyone helping me with the fish thing, I think I will be needing allot of help on that food item hahaha. hope I like fish ...xcrossing fingers.

My nut told me to makr a potato Soup using 1 cup chicken broth 3 Tbs instant potatos and a tsp shredded chedar cheese. I ate very lean ground meat, high fat will not stay down , ham lunch meat, I can eat bacon, link sausage. No scrambled eggs I can eat them boiled, poached, fried with pam. No pork chops, can eat a pork loin. No bread, I can eat crackers, it's crazy the way things work.

yes same here. I have a friend here in town that had her surgery five years ago and she was telling me she still has trouble with meat. The doctor told her it is because it is such high protien and sits in our pouchs so heavy it feels awful. She still goes back to her cottage cheese and yogurts and liquids just to get those feelings out of her pouch. I haven't been eating great not getting in my calories and oh lord i am horrible at my Vitamins, I hate taking pills so it is hard for me to remember these dang things.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches