Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 days out - activity level?

I'm 11 days out and spent last night driving around doing casual shopping at a couple stores. I had returned to work the day before but I have a pretty sedentary desk job. I was feeling great until I got home last night and got tired and sore.

Did I over do it? This morning I feel sore still and tired after a full nights sleep. I picked up some B-12 hoping that will help but I'm starting to get bored. When will I start being able to resume a normal activity level let alone work out?

I went back at 5 days post op and it was really tiring but I'm ok. I can walk the dog, clean house, etc., but I don't think I could do a vigorous workout.

I'm doing some light housework today. Taking out recycling/garbage, laundry... I'm 5 days out!

I went back to work after a week off. Every day I get a little less tired and sore. I don't think you over did it, but just listen to your body for cues on where you are at!

11 days out casual shopping - feel sore and tired

Kiap82

allllll sleevers are different in many, many ways - docs/NUTS are different with different rules

you DO need to listen to your body

sounds like your body was trying to say to you, "hey bud, slow down, we just had major surgery!!!" :wacko:

maybe go for small, short walks - no marathons yet ok ;)

don't go exercising til your doc says ok

resume normal activity??? :blink:

whats the hurry???? ;)(unless you must go back to work)

take your time and rest, drink, take care of yourself :)

who deserves it more??? ;)

good luck

speedy recovery

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Thanks! I rested most of the morning and then rearranged my pantry. As soon as I started to get sore again I listened and rested. This tethering stitch just pulls and aches but I'm trying hard not to take the liquid Vicodin the doc gave me. I'm sure cause I had a high starting weight, 313 day of surgery, that the stress in the stitch will be heavier. I'll survive, just being impatient right now.

Edited by Kiap82