Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post op yogurt!

I just felt like sharing I had yogurt and it was delicious (I'm 5 days post op) it had been a while I had not enjoyed something like I did this yogurt. Any recommendations on good yogurt??

I'm a big fan of Chobani yogurt. I love the apple cinnamon, pear, coconut, and lime flavors. One thing I do is add in about a tbsp of Jello SF instant pudding mix, usually either the cheesecake or white chocolate flavor. It changes the texture to be more like mousse. Also, Trader Joe's has pumpkin greek yogurt right now & it's delish!

My surgeon recommended thinned Greek yogurt, smooth or blended variety with no chunks of fruit.< /p>

I thinned the Greek yogurt with a few tablespoons of skim milk as instructed. As an added bonus

for bariatric patients, Greek yogurt typically has twice the amount of Protein as regular yogurt.

My surgeon recommended thinned Greek yogurt, smooth or blended variety with no chunks of fruit. I thinned the Greek yogurt with a few tablespoons of skim milk as instructed. As an added bonus for bariatric patients, Greek yogurt typically has twice the amount of Protein as regular yogurt.

I have some Greek yogurt and was saving it for stage 3 but thanks for the blending idea and thinning it out with skim milk I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Thank you =)

I'm a big fan of Chobani yogurt. I love the apple cinnamon, pear, coconut, and lime flavors. One thing I do is add in about a tbsp of Jello SF instant pudding mix, usually either the cheesecake or white chocolate flavor. It changes the texture to be more like mousse. Also, Trader Joe's has pumpkin greek yogurt right now & it's delish!

Never tried chobani but I did see it at my super market. Definitely getting it next time and adding some sf pudding. Sounds yummy!! I love mouse. Thank you.

Siggis is my FAVORITE! Hard to find. It's Icelandic, but thicker than greek and more satisfying. Especially during the full liquid phase.

Yes my personal favorite is Fage.

In the beginning I put stevia in it to sweeten it up. Oh and when you get to the yogurt stage stevia, pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice and a bit if vanilla! Yum.

Plain Greek yogurt grows on you. In my early days it was hard to stomach unsweetened. But now it's my favorite meal a day Fage plain and frozen blueberries. In fact just not "right" if I don't eat it at least once a day..

This is good to know for my after surgery shopping list. Skim milk and fage yogart-ck, ck.

I'm getting sleeved Tuesday and have a questions about yogurt in a post-op diet. For those without chunks of fruit, I like lemon and lime - are they more acidic (could they cause more trouble than other flavors)?

One other question - is there such a thing as fat-free/sugar-free pudding? I could only find one or the other.

Fat free foods tend to have lots of sugar, so I would go with the sugar free version.

I'm getting sleeved Tuesday and have a questions about yogurt in a post-op diet. For those without chunks of fruit, I like lemon and lime - are they more acidic (could they cause more trouble than other flavors)?

One other question - is there such a thing as fat-free/sugar-free pudding? I could only find one or the other.

I don't know for sure, but I would assume the lemon or lime is probably not more acidic. Lemons & limes in whole form might be more acidic than say, apples or strawberries, but also they might not be since most all fruit is pretty acidic. Also, the yogurt with chunkier fruit is easily blended smooth, if you're worried about consistency. And yes, Jello makes pudding mix that is both SF & FF, and it's available in 8 or 9 flavors.

I don't know for sure, but I would assume the lemon or lime is probably not more acidic. Lemons & limes in whole form might be more acidic than say, apples or strawberries, but also they might not be since most all fruit is pretty acidic. Also, the yogurt with chunkier fruit is easily blended smooth, if you're worried about consistency. And yes, Jello makes pudding mix that is both SF & FF, and it's available in 8 or 9 flavors.

Thanks! That is very helpful.

Siggis is my FAVORITE! Hard to find. It's Icelandic, but thicker than greek and more satisfying. Especially during the full liquid phase.

My nut recommends drinkable yogurt as soon as day 4 to replace normal GI flora. The only drinkable in my local grocery store is "kiddie style" with tons of sugar and crap. I found Siggi's at Super Target and LOVE it! Sweetened with agave nectar and absolutely nothing artificial or unnecessary. And 12billion live cultures/serving is awesome. I drink the blueberry and vanilla straight and add the plain to my Breakfast Protein shake.