Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post op yogurt!

My nut recommends drinkable yogurt as soon as day 4 to replace normal GI flora. The only drinkable in my local grocery store is "kiddie style" with tons of sugar and crap. I found Siggi's at Super Target and LOVE it! Sweetened with agave nectar and absolutely nothing artificial or unnecessary. And 12billion live cultures/serving is awesome. I drink the blueberry and vanilla straight and add the plain to my Breakfast Protein Shake.< /p>

Agave nectar is a combination of fructose and glucose (types of sugars). It sounds like it doesn't bother your tummy to drink it, though.

Careful to read the labels....a lot of Greek yougert has LOTS of sugar if that's an issue for you. I am another Fage fan. I sweeten it with SF Torani syrups or crystal light powder. Tried Synthrax nectar powder, but wasn't a fan. Also put it in my Protein Shakes.

Oh and as for FF/SF pudding...just get the Jello pudding SF boxes that you make yourself and make with skim milk or Protein plus skim milk!

Agave nectar is a combination of fructose and glucose (types of sugars). It sounds like it doesn't bother your tummy to drink it, though.

You're right about the sugars, but it sure was a better choice than the high fructose corn sugar, sucralose, modified corn starch, aspartame, and artificial colors that are in the other choices of drinkable yogurt I had. :(. The plain Siggi's has nothing but pasteurized skim milk and active live cultures.

Wow ... Each doctor has such different rules. I am 5 days out and spoke to the nutritionist for help on Protein. I felt like the shake was going to make me sick so I couldn't drink it. I want to add yogurt but she said "no" it was too early. Even blended to lighten it was not an option. She told me to just keep adding Fluid and drink milk throughout the day for protein. She said it won't hurt for the next week and a half to be short on the yogurt. Any body else's doctor not allow yogurt, Jello, or pudding at this stage?

Jhealan, you're right....lots of variations in surgeon/nut preferences. For me Jello and DRINKABLE yogurt is OK for liquids but not pudding and regular yogurt (that's puréed stage). Knowing the only drinkable yogurts in my local grocery store were kiddie style...loaded with sugar and artificial crap, I asked the nut if I could just take regular yogurt and blend it with milk or Water to thin it out. Well she looked at me like I was crazy and asked "why would you do that?" The day after surgery I walked to Walmart and realized why my comment was so weird to her..... In the refrigerated aisle, there were dozens of brands and flavors and varieties of drinkable yogurt on BOTH sides as far as you could see! Apparently they really like their drinkable yogurts in Mexico. Unfortunately I was flying home so I couldn't stock up.

Yes mine had me on Clear Liquids for the first week, though I could have Jello. I didn't, but I could have.

I know it is kind of weird I'm on liquids for two weeks (which I'm still on) but could have yogurt and sf pudding. Every doctor and nut are different.

I didn't think we could have yogurt this early?

Doesn't the dairy cause gas?

Just follow your nut/surgeon's instructions. Everyone has different protocols. Been drinking yogurt since day 4 at my nut's direction. I have been a little bloaty, but who knows from what because I'm drinking so many different things. It's not too severe because 1-2 rounds of GasX relieves the bloatiness, and it seems to be getting better. No GasX yesterday or today. Obviously people with lactose intolerances would not do good with this protocol.

Just follow your nut/surgeon's instructions. Everyone has different protocols. Been drinking yogurt since day 4 at my nut's direction. I have been a little bloaty, but who knows from what because I'm drinking so many different things. It's not too severe because 1-2 rounds of GasX relieves the bloatiness, and it seems to be getting better. No GasX yesterday or today. Obviously people with lactose intolerances would not do good with this protocol.

Great to know! Thanks everyone.

I like the Greek yogurt and was trying out how to make plain yogurt taste better..It was really great when I mixed in Crystal Lite powder.. I was able to get it down that way.