Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whey protein and protein power do the same thing

whey Protein and Protein power do the same thing

like can I take it and its just Protein powder

want to buy some but not sure which one to get.

whey is one kind of Protein. It is the normal one. There is also whey protein isolate (WPI) for people who have trouble with lactose. Egg protein, soy, pea, or hemp are some others. If you don't have a special reason you probably want to skip the special ones because they cost more and can taste worse. But if you are lactose intolerant or vegan you will appreciate them.

ok so both are Protein, im trying to look for something I can buy to help get all my Protein drinks.

sorry not smart about this, never had to buy any

One word of advise (ok, maybe a few), purchase some samples rather than buying a large container.....you can find them online, here are some places I bought samples: powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.com, Nashuanutrition.com, and bjsbariatrics.com

Some of us like premier Protein (these are containers of already mixed up, ready to drink drinks)....they are not thick like shakes....costco sells them, but you can buy a 4 pack in walgreens or walmart....they are 160 calories and 30g Protein

Make sure you look at the labels.....not all protein drinks are equal.....some can have more calories, carbs, and sugar while having less protein.....I found I can no longer tolerate thick prodein shakes (unjury, Premier Protein, click, and chike aren't thick)

I bought click, and love the double shot expresso mocha decaf........BUT it has more carbs/sugar and less protein than i'd like.....so I use it as an occasional protein supplement..........sometimes I let it freeze a little and it's like a yummie coolata....even my skinny hubby who is a finicky eater and set in his ways will drink this when I freeze it a bit or serve it over ice......Anyway, hope this helps.

Are the ready to drink drinks comes in flavor.

I will check walgreens because the other two stores are to far.

the shots sounds good, which it was very simple.

ok so whey is a Protein drink right ?

Yes whey is a Protein source. The shots are usually collagen or Gelatin, which are low quality Proteins that your body can't really use.

Edited by mistysj

thanks you all, ok so I look for whey and check the carbs/sugar and less.. will I need anything for Fiber

Didn't your surgeon recommend any particular type of shakes? Please call and ask them.

When you look for whey Protein, there are 2 basic types: whey Protein isolate and whey protein concentrate. Your body will absorb more "isolate" protein as compared to "concentrate". Both types of protein are equally good, but you'll need to eat more concentrate. As well, you'll see that "isolate" is more expensive.

If you go with premixed shakes like Premier Protein (which I use), they use both isolate and concentrate in the ingredients.

This link will take you to a more indepth explaination:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/blog/9018/entry-31531-whats-in-the-bowl-b-i-t-c-h-or-why-whey-protein-isolate/

Edited by joatsaint

No, I just thought of getting things ready for after my surgery. like what I can eat and about adding more Protein without eating to much so I can be to on point.

I meet with my nut and psych tomorrow but just want some ideas from ppl here that gone through the surgery.

One thing is your taste will change after surgery so don't buy in bulk.

I went on the sites and ordered samples. thank you