Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rate Of Weight Loss, Those Starting Under 200 Lb?

<p>Did you guys have complications? Ive read some people throw up a lot. Not sure if I'm getting sleeve or gastric bypass. I vomited for 9 months with the band and don't want to do that again. Also was there a lot of loose sin with weight loss</p>

I will have loose skin bc my tummy is saggy to begin with I don't know if anywhere else though. I have only thrown up coming out of anesthesia and due to the Dalotid(pain meds) they have me and bc I had some bike in my stomach a few weeks ago. Right now I'm experiencing my first real issue, but they assure me I'm fine...I woke up a week ago to severe pains and churning in my stomach that would not stop. I got meds he thought gastritis maybe an ulcer, but it's not improving with meds and now I'm getting a fever which they said is likely dehydration I tried my best to get a lot of liquids on board yesterday, but I felt terrible. I may go to the ER today as they suggested and get some IV fluids.

Did you guys have complications? Ive read some people throw up a lot. Not sure if I'm getting sleeve or gastric bypass. I vomited for 9 months with the band and don't want to do that again. Also was there a lot of loose sin with weight loss

I only threw up when I cheated. I experienced dumping syndrome when I cheated also, an sometimes by eating something that had a lot of fake sugar. But really and truly, I was blessed to have a rather simple and straightforward recovery.

Hopefully there are other people who are having the same problem as I am. I was 205 lbs, and the pre-op diet got me down to 190 lbs. I had my surgery 03/09/15 and I'm currently 175 lbs. How can this be? I'm not losing anymore, and I'm trying to workout with a super busy work schedule & mommy schedule with 2 kids. (So I don't workout regularly) I don't eat as much, but I'm still able to eat whatever I want. I feel like my sleeve was the worse/ costly decision I've made.

On July 31, I weighed in 199lbs, that was my surgery day. I'm 5'4 (Quarter inch shy of 5'5).
I gained right after the surgery, though it was gas weight. Today, I'm 183.2. Starting weight was 210.

I'm a bit down when I read all the insane amount of weight that people lose practically overnight, while I struggle.

The silver lining though, is that when it's slow, the chances of sagging skin is significantly minimized.

I eat less than 500 calories a day and that includes 30g of Protein which I get from a vanilla Premier shake. I get a total of 60 to 90g of Protein a day.

Edited by LoosingIt67

I started pre op at 185 lbs (I'm 5'7"). Surgery was July 11 and I was 180 lbs. It's been almost 7 weeks and I weigh 151 lbs today.

I've been happy with my results thus far. I've been exercising daily for the past 3 or 4 weeks. I think the results on the scale don't compare with the results I've had in health and in losing inches. I feel so much better and am able to exercise and really push my body to it's limits.

I do get down sometimes when I see others who had surgery the same time as me talk about the 40 or 50 lbs they've lost but then I think about the fact my bmi has gone from obese to overweight to normal in less than 7 weeks! Pretty great! Still have a ways to go to get to my goal weight but it's an exciting journey we are on! We'll get there!!

Edited by Remix

I started pre op at 185 lbs (I'm 5'7"). Surgery was July 11 and I was 180 lbs. It's been almost 7 weeks and I weigh 151 lbs today.

I've been happy with my results thus far. I've been exercising daily for the past 3 or 4 weeks. I think the results on the scale don't compare with the results I've had in health and in losing inches. I feel so much better and am able to exercise and really push my body to it's limits.

I do get down sometimes when I see others who had surgery the same time as me talk about the 40 or 50 lbs they've lost but then I think about the fact my bmi has gone from obese to overweight to normal in less than 7 weeks! Pretty great! Still have a ways to go to get to my goal weight but it's an exciting journey we are on! We'll get there!!

I'm not sure what BMI hart you use, but mine says at 5'7" you weren't obese when you were your preop weight. You've lost weight fast for such a low (28) BMI.

I'm glad you all are getting the great results. I have an appointment tomorrow with my surgeon, and we'll see what's going on. I need to go back to the shakes and get my butt into the gym more!

Trying to make the most of this and keeping positive energy & thoughts! Good luck everyone!

I had surgery 11 days ago have lost 8.9 lbs. I am nervous I won't get to my goal weight.

How bad can we expect lose skin to be?

Highest weight 224.9

Surgery weight 201.9

Current weight 192

Goal weight 145-150

Mine has been slow but steady... I've lost 30 pounds in 10 weeks so I average 3 ponds a week... however I lost faster the first 4 weeks. I started at 203 on 6/29 and am proudly at 172.2 this week :)

I'm 44 yrs old, 5'3" tall. My first consult weigh-in was 206. After the pre-op liquid diet I think I was 190 on the day of surgery. I'm about 2 weeks post-op now and scale says 183. I was told up front to expect to be a slower loser due to starting out in the lower bmi. I'm good with that. I too think it's important to look at %excess weight rather than raw number comparisons. So far I've just been walking, but I can tell a difference in how I feel already. Looking forward to trying some yoga and dance classes when I get cleared for it. Slower loss has its upsides too.

Thanks everyone for all the info. I'm trying to take in all I can and have realistic goals. My BMI is 40.5 at 217lbs. I go in for my last NUT appointment in November with surgery hopefully in December. I'm getting the DS. crossing fingers insurance approves and it goes smoothly, I'm starting to get anxiety.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 44 yrs old, 5'3" tall. My first consult weigh-in was 206. After the pre-op liquid diet I think I was 190 on the day of surgery. I'm about 2 weeks post-op now and scale says 183. I was told up front to expect to be a slower loser due to starting out in the lower bmi. I'm good with that. I too think it's important to look at %excess weight rather than raw number comparisons. So far I've just been walking, but I can tell a difference in how I feel already. Looking forward to trying some yoga and dance classes when I get cleared for it. Slower loss has its upsides too.

We are really similar!! I am 44 yrs old, but I'm taller (5'5"). I was 207 at my first consult, 192 on day of surgery. I'm 5 weeks out and I weigh 181.8. It's been really slow for me--lots of standing still, tiny ups and downs--but it'll come off. :D That's not saying I don't wish it wasn't faster, but this appears to be the way it's going to go.