Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interested In A Mentor

And to your questions earlier about pain. My sleeve was way easier than my c section. I had very little pain. Never took the prescription pain medicine. Took Tylenol twice the week after surgery. I got a wicked headache from stopping caffeine. (So I would strongly advise to wean off caffeine prior to surgery lol). I just had a laparoscopic hysterectomy 2 weeks ago and didn't have much pain with it but the sleeve was still easier.

Wow ok thx, that helps. Did you ever get scared prior to surgery and question yourself that you're making the right decision?

Trust me my mind is made up, I'm just looking at the magnitude if the decusion

Hi, I am scheduled for a vertical sleeve procedure on December 17th. I would welcome someone to go to who has been through this and is doing well. Thank you for your time, Tammie

I'm a year out if you have a any questions hit me up..

I'm a year out if you have a any questions hit me up..

I have a question I am only a week and a half out and on the scales has been moving down. On Wednesday it said 250 which was 15 pounds less than surgery day than on Thursday it was 251.8 and today 251.2. What happen? Could it be I am not getting enough Water? Or could there be another reason. HELP please

I have a question I am only a week and a half out and on the scales has been moving down. On Wednesday it said 250 which was 15 pounds less than surgery day than on Thursday it was 251.8 and today 251.2. What happen? Could it be I am not getting enough Water? Or could there be another reason. HELP please

the dreaded 2nd week stall be patient with your body it will take a couple days for it to adjust.. You will start losing weight again. Stay hydrated and please stay off the scale specially is it's going to affect your mood. Try weighing only once a week instead of everyday.

Your body is dealing with a lot right now. You still have things, Fluid shifts etc going on since surgery. Your body is getting far less calories than it used to not to mention not having food and only having liquids. Focus on getting your Water and Protein in the amounts your dr recommended. Don't focus on the scale, it'll drive you crazy with big drops then stalls. I have weighed myself once a week since surgery and that works for me. There's a person on here that weighs once a month and she says she never sees the ups and downs, only the downs. Figure what will work for you and go with. Congrats on the new sleeve!

Hi,

I am scheduled for a vertical sleeve procedure on December 17th. I would welcome someone to go to who has been through this and is doing well.

Thank you for your time,

Tammie

Tammie, my surgery was on June 19th, so you will be almost exactly 6 months behind me. I certainly don't have all the answers, but I'm happy to answer questions & share my experience. And as you know, I'm also in school right now. I will be sending you lots of good vibes next week, for sure...If I had to cope with 7 final exams on the preop diet I would likely have stabbed somebody in the neck! :P