Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey All,

I am so flipping conflicted! I really want the VSG, but I am SOOOOOO concerned about the memory loss. Me, being at the height of my career; being sharp, witty, and fast-on-my-feet (theoretically talking) is KEY to career advancement. Can you guys/gals give me your personal stories and tell me what your long term experience of memory loss has been.

I'm ready to take my life tot he next level!!!

-Mike

Wait we are supposed to have memory loss???

I don't remember being told that!!

-Laura (I think)

While I appreciate your humor; I am looking for constructive feedback that will help me make a guided decision.

I haven't had an ounce of memory loss associated with my vsg - that was all from my children. Truly, though, I'm a nurse and am able to function competently and confidently. They certainly wouldn't let me do my job if I had memory loss.

I am an executive in a very Political and High Stress job.

NO memory loss at all... And I am in situations every day where I would know.

Research does show that Ghrelin plays a part in 'locking' memories, but the research is not clear and not conclusive. The research has been animal based and it appears that the Ghrelin-hippocampus-memory connection works on an empty stomach and (just sayin) that rules most of us out anyway.

So now leta all tell Laura she is witty and pretty and smart... and see if she remembers...

I have memory loss but that was because I was in a coma for 19 days....Due to complications with the surgery...I have not even heard of anyone else having this except for those who went through months and months of issues.....

It is good to ask any question on here.....

Hey All,

I am so flipping conflicted! I really want the VSG, but I am SOOOOOO concerned about the memory loss. Me, being at the height of my career; being sharp, witty, and fast-on-my-feet (theoretically talking) is KEY to career advancement. Can you guys/gals give me your personal stories and tell me what your long term experience of memory loss has been.

I'm ready to take my life tot he next level!!!

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I had my sleeve done in mid sept this year. I am a doctor and work as a consultant and that is really stressful and high pressured job. Initially I noticed loss of stamina in first few weeks post surgery, but now I have so much of energy plus I have taken more roles because i don't feel lethargic.I would recommend this procedure because apart from health benefits it will help you to move ahead in your professional life. Hope this helps.

I am about 11 months out, and I also have a high pressure job where I manage people and projects, requiring a high degree of competent thought. I have been thinking lately that I think I'm a little sharper than I was a year ago. I think it might be because I feel better and have more energy, and my diet is much more consistent. Before, I might have been walking around in a "food coma" some times, and now that never happens.

Oh yeah....I remember now. Well my memory is good enough that.....wait......damn. I forgot what I was going to say. Oh yeah. No memory loss.

I will say it's refreshing to see someone who's not worried about hair loss or saggy skin.

Hey All, I am so flipping conflicted! I really want the VSG, but I am SOOOOOO concerned about the memory loss. Me, being at the height of my career; being sharp, witty, and fast-on-my-feet (theoretically talking) is KEY to career advancement. Can you guys/gals give me your personal stories and tell me what your long term experience of memory loss has been. I'm ready to take my life tot he next level!!! -Mike

Wow, I hadn't even been told memory loss was a possibility.

I was just demonstrating that I still possess my charming some would say witty character.. Still thinking quick on my feet with the snappy comebacks :D

lol, thanks Laura ;)

Oh yeah....I remember now. Well my memory is good enough that.....wait......damn. I forgot what I was going to say. Oh yeah. No memory loss.

I will say it's refreshing to see someone who's not worried about hair loss or saggy skin.

You and Laura are the class clowns ... lol