Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Hi everyone haven't been on in a long time because I feel like I have lost the last 3 months on the weight loss wagon. After being deflated it has been a very slow game of catch up. I have literally been the same weight for 3 months!! I just now have started to lose again. The only saving grace is that I didn't gain and i feel great! I haven't had this much energy since I don't know when. Dr. Miller gave me .25cc just to see if it helps since we don't want to get "to tight" ever again. Had i known i would lose 3 months imight have suffered through it a little more to see if it loosened up on it's own. but the smart girl in me knew it was way too tight.

So here I am back on the band wagon after a brief hiatus. Motivated again!

Sarah--Glad to see your back! I think it is great the you held your weight steady for 3 months of being unfilled! That says a lot about your new lifestyle!

Hi everyone! Christy... good luck to you girl. Sounds like life has been tough and will only get tougher as you get older if you don't do something now. I had not yet suffered any ill effects of my weight (other than aching and acting like I was in my 80s physically) but as someone that is also 38 I was determined not to enter my 40s as a morbidly obese person. The band has definitely made that possible. I'm proud of you for taking advantages of your resources and I hope we see you Saturday.

Okotberfest, I started this journey at 284 pounds. I'm 38 years old. I now weigh 203, but I've seen 199 and plan to get back there SOON! I'm working toward a goal of 155, but may not get that low as I'm striving toward health these days rather than just a number. I totally believe it's doable with the band... if you are willing to put in the work.

Sarah, I feel you girl! I've been un-restricted for the last 2 weeks and it's a struggle. I've been up as high as 8 pounds in the last two weeks and as low as the weight I was when un-filled. Today I'm up about 4 pounds. I'm sure it's a combination of all the Fluid I'm drinking now that I can guzzle and the portion restrictions not being in play right now. I'm back to journaling and hope to go in to my appointment next week near the weight I was when I had my fluid taken out. I love my band so much and totally miss my restriction. I hope it doesn't take months to acheive this time. I'm not sure how strong I can be over the holidays. I just know my butt was in size 14 low rise jeans last weekend and I want to keep it in them :-)

Hope everyone is doing well. I hope to see many of you Saturday. I know I need this meeting badly!

Hang in there everybody! We are now seeing the whole concept in its 360 Degrees glory of what having a lapband means and that means me too. That I said last October "Yep, I'm willing to lose slower and steady and take time to get to my goal" was easier to have those words roll off my tongue a year ago than it is to see it trickling off at 5 lbs a month but Thank God -- it is coming off at the rate of 5 lbs a month -- I wasn't able to do that with WW no matter how dedicated I was so I really needed this tool.

I'm coming out of the closet per se about having lapband surgery with more and more people now because at -70 lbs and getting new clothes, people keep asking if I've changed my hair style or giving me compliments on how I'm melting, etc. Feels good and if they ask, I'm being honest about what I'm doing but I've asked folks not to broadcast it out. That if someone asks them about me, tell that person I'm watching what I'm eating, working out alot, and come see me and let me know you've noticed to encourage me.

K

You asked in email and maybe on the yahoo thread, but to answer you, I'm going to run/walk the Jingle Bell 5-K December 6th with you.

Juli

Looks like I won't be able to do the Jingle Bell run/walk after all but those of you who can, let me know how it is and hopefully I can next year.

Also, I am doing my weekly weigh-ins at home on Saturday a.m. and was surprised to see -2.5 lbs this week even though I'd been getting into some sweets but I still got alot of exercise in and still was good on total calories. Anyway, I'm now showing less than 100 lbs to go on my ticker. Can't wait until I can say I'm 50% of the way there, or when I hit the -100 lbs mark.

I have started my holiday baking and candy making and its been a little hard keeping my fingers out of my mouth - two for the cookie jar, one for me. Nah, not that bad but definitely having sweets craving. I am enjoying the process and its definitely getting me in a holiday mood.

Second, went to see a new endocrinologist today because I really was never happy with the first one I saw earlier in 2008. Bottom line, all prior test results are normal and there isn't much else he can do to run except he did draw blood today because he'd like to check my B12 and Vit D levels since my primary care doc didn't run that test during my physical. He does have experience dealing with weight loss surgery patients and he was very patient (and very young) but I was so much happier. Actually when I let go of the anger I had about that other doctor, I started to cry. He stopped and said what is wrong here. I explained how frustrating it is dealing with doctors who treat you like a number and as long as a test shows a certain number, then they don't want us asking questions and I hated that. Same with doctors measuring you all the time by your weight number. Anyway, got through that whole process and he does want to see me back in 6 months to see if any metabolism changes have occurred as I continue losing weight. That's the upside, the downside is he was very frank about the one year mark for losing weight being the key marker on how much a person will lose after surgery. I said I really wanted to prove him wrong and that I have many others I've met in WLS support groups who are blowing those old statistics out of the Water and I plan to also! He said, great, let's see if you do, but there is a lot of statistical evidence on the patterns from the past. Okay, I love a challenge when a doctor or anybody says something like well, at a year out, that could be the max you will lose. Not going to let that happen! Okay, Susan and Juli -- let's blow those stats out of the water for those of us who are planning a 2 year journey to get to goal!

I finally have a surgery date and will be joining you in the land of the banded Dec. 15 with Dr. Choban doing the surgery. My friends do not understand why I would choose to do this to myself 10 days before Christmas. I am sure you all understand. I have waited 7 months, went through all kinds of tests, waited for paperwork to arrive at countless places, so many appointments, and approvals and now it is here. How could I say no? And what better way to start out the New Year. Maybe only all of you could understand. My family is very supportive! It is just the few friends I have told. They think I should wait until after the holidays. But I am ready for this now. I don't have small children at home. I say go for it. How did you all heal ? Are my friends making me over think this?

Edited by swood
spelling

swood,

Congrats! That is great news!

Let me also say that I would go for it! The sooner the better in my eyes! Really, I never had post op pain, so having surgery 10 days before Christmas would not be a prob for me! The only thing you would miss out on would be the meal/cookies. Sounds almost like a blessing!

What ever decision you make, will be the right one for you! Good luck!