Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Days Since Scale Moved!

I'm getting so frustrated. How can I only be getting between 700-800 calories a day and NOT be losing weight. I'm only 3 1/2 weeks out. (Surgery was 10/21) I don't think a stall this soon is normal.

Same exact thing happened to me. Read this and it helps make sense of it all. link was posted previously by Butterthebean.

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html#.UoQYUSifOQI

I went 11 days with no movement!! It is normal and the scale will move again, just keep following the guidelines! My scale has finally started to move again, just like everyone who has been through this stall said it would! :)

Same exact thing happened to me. Read this and it helps make sense of it all. link was posted previously by Butterthebean.

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html#.UoQYUSifOQI

Interesting read. Thanks.

I'm about 8 days stalled , but not worried again first was at 3wks

I am doing all I can and my scale as been the same, give or take about a pound, for about 3 weeks total!!!!

Super duper frustrating. not sure what else I can possibly do. Thank goodness I have a dr appointment next week so I can discuss what is going on. Hopefully they will give me full exercise clearance as well.

I know what you are going through is 100% normal. good luck!

I am in the EXACT same boat as you pjackson. I was also sleeved 10/21. I have lost about 13lbs post op, and nothing for the last week and a half. I figured I hit the dreaded "stall" early. I read the info the was attributed to Butterthebean and have to admit some of my stall issues are mine to own. I have not been getting enough calories. Not because I am sick or suffering, I eat what I can. But it has been very low and I am working on increasing a little. Also same thing with fluids. It is much easier to drink now than it was even a week ago, so I am also working on increasing fluids. I just take each day as it comes, work the plan, and know that eventually the stall will break. In the mean time I try to improve what I can on my end to meet my sleeve somewhere in the middle. I believe it will get easier as time goes on, I feel I am still on the learning curve... Good luck to both of us getting the scale going back the way we need it to!!!

I am in the EXACT same boat as you pjackson. I was also sleeved 10/21. I have lost about 13lbs post op, and nothing for the last week and a half. I figured I hit the dreaded "stall" early. I read the info the was attributed to Butterthebean and have to admit some of my stall issues are mine to own. I have not been getting enough calories. Not because I am sick or suffering, I eat what I can. But it has been very low and I am working on increasing a little. Also same thing with fluids. It is much easier to drink now than it was even a week ago, so I am also working on increasing fluids. I just take each day as it comes, work the plan, and know that eventually the stall will break. In the mean time I try to improve what I can on my end to meet my sleeve somewhere in the middle. I believe it will get easier as time goes on, I feel I am still on the learning curve... Good luck to both of us getting the scale going back the way we need it to!!!

I KNOW I'm not getting in enough Fluid or Protein. But, I'm trying, just really not able to right now. By the way, I lost 3 lbs. yesterday, so maybe, it's budging.

Almost four weeks out and in a stall for the last 6-7 days. Same exact issues: not enough fluids or Protein since these are both still uncomfortable sometimes. But I know I can't possibly eat any less than I am, so I'm just going to keep doing what I am doing and relax about it ^_^