Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC 2006~March Chat

Good job Seren! You inspire me!!

Here's my latest "tootin' of the horn". I've lost 40lbs -- gone from a size 20 to a 16, bra from a 40C to a 38C. I can wear so many things that had been banished to the closet. For the first time, in a LONG time, I grab the "L" instead of the 2XL when I try clothes on. My panties seem huge, haha! Something I really didn't think about needing to buy more of. Everything is more comfortable, from fastening my seat belt, to walking the dog, to well, "Everything Else". I look forward to even more NSVs!

Please don't get discouraged about how much you've lost. Stay positive and know that you're on your way to feeling so much better. My mom lost 44 pounds since her surgery and is still in the same size. It really depends where your "fat" is located. My mom is all belly, so although her pants are now baggy in the legs, she can't go down a size yet.

As for listing our positives...here's mine. I went from a size 30 to a size 20. I can now carry my three year old up a flight of stairs when he falls without feeling like my knees are going to crumble under the pressure. I went from a 42DD bra to a 38D. My shoes are no longer a 9 1/2 wide and are now just a 9. Oh, and did I mention I now have a neck? I had been looking all over for it for years!!!

Yoo-Hoo! I'm here. I don't have time to post often between work and grad school. I try to keep up with the thread though. Congrats to everybody and have a good time.

I'm here lol, just been busy the last few days, I cleaned out my closet today and GOD did that fool good, I made plenty of room to go shopping!!!

If anyone is in a size 20 right now and would like me to send them a TON of pants let me know, they are all in VERY good condition mostly work pants and I think they are all old navy...PM me if you are interested!! :eek:

I have been having the craziest thing happen lately. Every time I eat or drink anything and I mean anything, no matter how slow, I belch up air immediately. It is as if I am replacing air in my stomach with food or liquid. It is so embarrassing. I have never had this happen before. It happens in the first 15 minutes or so of eating. Anyone else experiencing this? Am I banded too tight??

did any of you have the flu since banding? I think I have it. Yesterday I threw up and hadn't even eatin and I threw up so hard it scared me. I burst some blood vessels in my face from it. My band isn't hurting though but it scared me bad. Have any of you had the flu??

I have been having the craziest thing happen lately. Every time I eat or drink anything and I mean anything, no matter how slow, I belch up air immediately. It is as if I am replacing air in my stomach with food or liquid. It is so embarrassing. I have never had this happen before. It happens in the first 15 minutes or so of eating. Anyone else experiencing this? Am I banded too tight??

That's happened to me too. I don't know what causes it. Sometimes I open my mouth to talk and this weird "croak" comes out! Yes, it is embarrassing. I'm learning to just laugh it off.

If you're not into toilet humor, don't read the rest of this paragraph.... Speaking of embarrassed, do some of you get embarrassed when you have to pb in a public restroom? I try and be extra quiet in there. Yesterday, we went to lunch and like an idiot, I tried a piece of calamari (not a good idea by the way...)so I needed to go to the bathroom to get rid of it. I'm standing in the stall..the bathroom was full of people, and I'm trying like crazy to be quiet. When all of a sudden, the woman in the stall next to me lets out a series of ridiculously loud "farts" I took the opportunity to get rid of the calamari during one of her loud farts so no one would hear me. LOL!!! I was laughing hysterically leaving the bathroom that I had to tell my husband what happened with tears in my eyes.

did any of you have the flu since banding? I think I have it. Yesterday I threw up and hadn't even eatin and I threw up so hard it scared me. I burst some blood vessels in my face from it. My band isn't hurting though but it scared me bad. Have any of you had the flu??

I haven't had the flu but have burst some blood vessels in my face from pb-ing. Not pleasant.

Hope you don't have the flu, feel better.

I laughed so hard I cried when reading this!

I have pb quite a few times since January when I started getting tighter fills. I hate when I have to rush off like that. I usually flush first to hide it. Now I think I know how anorexics feel. One problem is that I just don't get that hungry and then it just hits me that I am starving and then I end up eating too fast especially the first bite or two. Learning to chew s-l-o-w-l-y is the hardest thing!

That's happened to me too. I don't know what causes it. Sometimes I open my mouth to talk and this weird "croak" comes out! Yes, it is embarrassing. I'm learning to just laugh it off.

If you're not into toilet humor, don't read the rest of this paragraph.... Speaking of embarrassed, do some of you get embarrassed when you have to pb in a public restroom? I try and be extra quiet in there. Yesterday, we went to lunch and like an idiot, I tried a piece of calamari (not a good idea by the way...)so I needed to go to the bathroom to get rid of it. I'm standing in the stall..the bathroom was full of people, and I'm trying like crazy to be quiet. When all of a sudden, the woman in the stall next to me lets out a series of ridiculously loud "farts" I took the opportunity to get rid of the calamari during one of her loud farts so no one would hear me. LOL!!! I was laughing hysterically leaving the bathroom that I had to tell my husband what happened with tears in my eyes.

I think I have become the Queen of PBing. It's almost second nature anymore.

Anyway, I prefer a very quiet bathroom, and HATE it when I don't have the entire room to myself. My poor husband is realizing too that if he has to pull over for me to PB after dinner, he better find a quiet road 'cuz I like the entire road to myself too. I like the toilet flush thing (if there isn't a loud farter around). I never thought about that!

I keep telling my friends how weird it is to go from a fat person to a bulimic. Although I still don't think a PB is as bad as a "full" vomit epidose as we don't have the stomach acid.

Oh well, I'll close for now and stop babbling.

I had an episode of sliming and one of my co-workers walked in the bathroom. I was like "whoa, bad burrito", and played it off like I was barfing. (I hadn't been anywhere near a burrito -- it was just the first thing that popped into my head..hahah!) Nobody at work knows about the band. Yes, I totally felt like the closet bulimic! It's weird, I never seem to have "issues" at home. It's always at work ... stress!

Since my last fill I feel pretty restricted. Like to the point of feeling like I barely eat and the band says "you're done". Unfortunately the restriction doesn't seem to include much 'staying power' and I'm pretty hungry after 2 hours or so. Sometimes I don't even wait that long. I eat -- wait 20 minutes, then eat some more of the same meal. Is that ok? Am I breaking the rules? It's just when I only eat 4 bites and get all restrcicted, I KNOW I will need more intake than that, right?

Okay so the idea of PBing grosses me out and I havent done it at all...if I feel pressure I stop eating and wait it out, yes its painful but I'd rather that than bend over a toilet. Just me I guess! When I was too tight I went through A LOT of pain and I felt anarexic because I was only getting in about 2 bites per meal.

I havent had the flu at all thank god!

Pelo, I think it's okay as long as you're still only eating a small amount. Depending on how stuck I get, sometimes after I pb I can eat, sometimes I'm too irritated and I can't. Sometimes I'll wait 1/2 hour and eat a Protein bar instead of my meal.

Robin, glad I could make you laugh a little. It was very hard keeping a straight face walking out of that bathroom. LOL!!!

Oh, and Steph, I think you're right. It's not as bad as vomiting as the food hasn't been processed through the stomach. We just look like a bunch of raging bulemics! Hey, I wouldn't have lost 80 pounds without the help of this band, so I'll deal with it.