Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was your first solid meal postop?

Few more days on the liquid diet before surgery but will still continue full liquids after surgery progressing to puréed foods then soft foods. It will be over a month before I can finally have regular food. I'm so looking forward to being able to eat, more so chewing, in the future!

What was our first meal after you were cleared for solids?

Good question - I'm on pureed right now, so I'm curious as well. :)

Tilapia and Green Beans. I wanted it for a good week before I could have it!

Scrambled eggs with nonfat dry milk in it. The texture of the eggs changed so much I couldn't eat it again for a long time LOL

Salmon and mashed potatoes

Scrambled eggs with cheese.

I'd never been so excited about eggs in my life!! LOL

Grilled Tilapia and edamame! Yum! Although I could only get about four-5 bites down. solid food will fill you up fast in the beginning!

I Start my soft foods tomorrow. Looking forward to eggs for breakfast!

Not really a meal, but I just got back from 2 week check up (20 pounds omg!) and stopped to get REAL food at the store. I totally ate a piece of deli chicken while I was waiting for the rest to be sliced. It was like the most wonderful thing ever.

Now I'm going to go start a batch of turkey chili. SO EXCITED.

I've noticed a lot of responses first solid meal was some sort of fish. Is that mandatory? I do not like fish and allergic to shellfish. The only Protein I like is chicken. Not so much into beef or pork either.

Just wondering???

Edited by ReEstDec2013

I've noticed a lot of responses first solid meal was some sort of fish. Is that mandatory? I do not like fish and allergic to shellfish. The only Protein I like is chicken. Not so much into beef or pork either.

Just wondering???

I HATE fish lol BUT that was my first meal because I wasn't allowed any other meat the first week. They said fish was the softest meat to try at first, and I was scared to hurt my sleeve. Im not eating fish anymore. Now I mainly stick with chicken as my main Protein source.

Canned tuna mixed with ranch on sharp cheddar cheese. So good to chew again.

Oh my goodness this idea just gave me life♥! I am going to try it on sharp white cheddar. Tomorrow here I come.

I treated sharp white cheddar like it was a cracker. Such bold flavor, which I was DYING for. Anything to cut through that acetone mouth from ketosis.