Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I get the taste of whey to go away!

Some flavor combinations that I loved:

vanilla extract + orange extract

SF chocolate + mint extract

vanilla extract + cinnamon + allspice = snickerdoodle

SF chocolate + PB2 = Peanut Butter cup

Also, there are flavored syrups on the market (Torani makes a great SF version!). They have raspberry, caramel, vanilla, chocolate, and quite a few others.

Good luck!

A friend of mine that is a weightlifter said to try the whey matrix variety rather than the whey isolate - he said it mixes better and tastes better. The brands he recommended were BSN Syntha 6 and Muscle Farm Combat.

I am on a Quest and will give BSN Syntha 6 and Muscle Farm Combat a try - also the flavor combinations you noted in your other post. I looked at your 8 Bites Blog "Yuck in a Cup" (clever title!) ....I wish I would have had that type of information before surgery; I found it to be most helpful even today at 6.5 weeks post op. I got the slim stack of papers you speak of from my surgeon as well ...kinda slim on details about shakes. I get a great deal of information from this website thank goodness. Thank you again for the recommendations.

If you go to Vita cost or Amazon they will do free shipping At certain price point I would just order an individual can of some of the pure Protein flavors I recommend Cookies and cream and then chocolate and maybe pick up some Vitamins or something else you might just be needing and just try cans they really are the best thing, And you can order them individually and just get one if you want to try it... i won't drink anything else. Plus you can't beat 35 g of Protein for 11 ounces

I do like the Pure Protein products - you are so right about 35 grams of protein in just 11 ounces. Wish the powdered protein resulted in a similar taste. I am going to take a dozen cans of Pure Protein on my business trips because RTD is the way to go for me when on the road! I got a hard side suitcase to keep the cans safe from damage. fingers crossed that plan will work! Thanks again.

What is BSN?

I tried the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored in my ice tea. YUCK. Of course being Southern, I'm very picky about my tea. I need to find something to mix with my tea so I can sip my way thru work while getting my Protein. Suggestions.

What is BSN?

Google this: BSN Syntha 6

It's a type of Protein powder (I hadn't heard of it either.....I saw an add for it after googling it--the formula isn't supposed to have that whey flavor)

I saw it at GNC today. So it is not supposed to have that flavor. Hmmmmm

In complete agreement about Unjury - yuk. I know everyone's tastes differ. I tried the BSN Syntha 6 and it is really quite good!

6 weeks post op here.

Trying to find flavors that will disguise the taste of whey Protein found in the powders.

I have to move from pre-mixed shakes to powders because it it cheaper in the long run. Need to watch the $$$$!

Bananas + PB2 + chocolate (sugar free syrup) so far is only thing I have found that will cover the flavor of whey. But I don't like all the carbs in bananas.

I tried upping the PB2 + chocolate but it gets way too sweet sad.png

I am also working my way (no pun intended) through the various recipes on this website. However I am using my powders and that is not cost effective.

realize that everyone's taste buds differ....but I could sure use some help here. something low in carbs and sugar free ideally.

Win I sells unflavored Protein whey powder. Once I'm finished with my unjury...that's it. I use unsweetened cocoa with PB2 and sweeten lightly with stevia. I'm eating regular foods. I only have a shake once a week now. Thank God!

Everyone likes different ones but after much experimentation, favorites at our house are

Chike coffee. Tastes like a latte esp with some instant coffee powder in it

Syntrax mint chocolate chip cookie. Tastes like a milkshake

Syntrax vanilla bean torte. Tastes like melted vanilla ice cream

Syntrax Peanut Butter cookie with 1/2 tbsp of real Peanut Butter. Tastes like nutter butter Cookies.

I hate that metallic whey taste, and these hide it well.

What is BSN?

I tried the unjury unflavored in my ice tea. YUCK. Of course being Southern, I'm very picky about my tea. I need to find something to mix with my tea so I can sip my way thru work while getting my Protein. Suggestions.

This is not good news!! I'm a Texan, and I just ordered the Unjury unflavored to mix with my stevia tea. The change from caffeinated to Decaf tea wasn't too bad, but the change from real sugar to stevia just about did me in. Not that stevia's bad -- i actually like it -- it just doesn't make a hood Southern sweet tea. I've been holding on, though, thinking I could sip away on it with my Protein Powder mixed in. What isn't working? The taste? The texture? Maybe if it were mixed in a shaker bottle? Mixed while still lukewarm (like the sugar/stevia)?

sugar free pudding helps me.