Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nj March Chat

Ok - let's try this again... and remember - copy early, copy often. :D

Mandy - I sent the story last night. I hope Abi likes it. Try googling Shade Plants... I have been away from my shady yard in Oregon for way to long to remember which ones were the best... sorry!

Kat - Abilene is only a 3 hour drive from the metroplex... maybe we can work something out... Maybe we could meet up in Mingus or Gordon or something? When are you going to be there? How Long? I surely would love to meet you.

Cindy - what about it? Up to a carpool to meet miss Kat? I think it would be a scream.

Luv2blab - Hugs! It's not a race, darlin'. Remember - slow loss is good because: 1) you have less loose skin. 2) you have less Hair loss. 3) There is less shock to your system with gradual loss. Patience is a virtue... :nervous

Betty - you ready for a drive? I think an LBT road trip might be in order... ;)

Pat - one of these days I am going to show up on your doorstep with an overnight bag... I guess I will just have to make a special trip. It seems that VA is not going to be on my flight path... no offices there. No relatives... Heck - if we have a great road trip to see Kat - maybe we will make another one to VA.

Eileenie - OK - I am standing in for Stacy & Clinton from What Not to Wear. I know they would tell you, if they were here.... Fitted clothes are always more attractive than sacks and tents. ANY shape is better than none. Emphasise the narrowest part of your body by fitting your clothes to that. These days, I wear shirts with darts that are fitted to my chest with the smallest part right underneath the girls. It shows off the fact that I am no longer one giant mass of woman... and of course, the girls are pretty impressive in their own right. :biggrin1: If your hips are narrow - wear a blouse that is poofy but has a belt around the hips... if you have a waist - show it off... and a deep V neckline is always our friend... if you've got it, flaunt it. I know you got something going on under those casual tents. Bring it out to play. Hugs!

Well - I am off to study some Spanish.

Hugs!

Hi everyone! Yes, I am alive and sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been really busy at work and with some personal things (mostly my friends wedding stuff), including tattoo boy. We've hit kind of a rough patch. lol Surprise, surprise. lol

His grandfather died last Monday, which was more like a father to him than a grandfather. He's done a 360 and is completely pushing me away. I don't really know what to make of it (as Sherry has heard plenty about lol). But all I know is that I can't focus on it because it will drive me nuts. What will be will be!

By the way Betty I LOVE the pics of the trumpet vine - it's beautiful!

OOOHHhh now I am excited to go to TX!!!!! I will for sure let you know the when!

Will try to get back later to do some personals....need to take a walk...dinner is just sitting there!

Kat

Good Morning Y'all!

Gosh, I sat down here, then looked at the clock, it's already 6:40 and I still have to eat and get dressed! I get up at 5:00, I don't know where all the time goes! I guess it would be the relaxing cup of coffee while watching the news, then the shower, then fixing lunch, then what ever else has to get done.

Darcy - I love the picture! You still look like that precious picture!

Well, I guess I better get my clothes ready and do my hair! I'll try to do some personals tonight. :)

Later!

well...my youngest is sick coughing and cant breath that good...taking him to the dr. today...i had to call out today and was out yesterday so i hope i have a job when i get back.....i am still teetering on 201 pounds cant get lower....to the hundreds but i am trying....hope everyone is doing well...

mandy- that is so great ur daughter is doing so much better....

happy birthday to Pat..i hope i got that right....

those flowers are beautiful...what kind are they and are they hard to grow.....i love flowers...espcially roses....i have a about 5 bushes now....fav...are yellow....

hi to everyone else i am really trying to get all ur names down....

hope to talk to u all soon,.....

take care everyone.... Deb

Hola, Chicas!

Como estan?

Ok - I am starting to get some of it back. Another couple of weeks of this - and I will actually be able to speak, again! WaHoo!

And that is pretty much all I have to do, anyway... LOL.

I spent yesterday putting together some flashcard templates in Word.

I figure I can use them for myself - and if I get certified to teach Spanish, I can use them for my students, later on. Ever the practical pig.... I will keep working on them, today. It keeps me out of trouble, anyway - and it makes me look busy. Maybe soon I will be able to sound important in TWO languages... :P

Chrispy - sorry about Tattoo Boy's GP. That has to be hard. Sometimes those sensitive tough guys need to curl up into the foetal position for a while. I guess you have to just let him know you are there if he needs you - but give him some space & time. Hugs!

Kat - I am excited, too. I just love getting to meet as many of our little group as possible - and there just much excuse not to visit with you since you are going to be so close. :]

Betty - I know exactly what you mean. That "coffee with a book" thing gets me nearly every day! And chatting with my DH is MUCH more enjoyable that the thought of a 40 minute drive to the office... *sigh* I have my lottery tickets. How 'bout you? :bounce:

Deb - I used to have the most fabulous yellow rosebush in Oregon. It is one of the few things I miss... every Spring, I got long-stemmed mostly thornless yellow roses. I haven't planted any new roses here in TX - cause I have been planning on re-doing the yard since I got here. I guess I should just plant one in a pot or something. :) Hugs for you and your youngest!

Well, I have lots of verbs to conjugate and many flashcards to make.

Love & Hugs!

Hey girlies,

Kat, you're going to Texas? I'm jealous, I wanna go, so I can meet Betty, Rene and Cindy.

Deb, you got it right, thanks for the wish. Hope the lil one is ok, lots of snotty nosed kids around these parts. The doctor's office is standing room only. They even closed some of the schools.

Mindy, hope DD is doing better, it's so sad when you don't know how to help. You're making the right choice to stay on top of things and be informed.

Oh yeah, wanted to share this little bit of info, Water vs wine....It has been scientifically proven that if we drink 1 liter of water

>each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1

>kilo of Escherichia coli bacteria found in feces, in other words, we

>are consuming 1 kilo of poop!

>

>However, we do not run that risk when drinking wine (or rum, whiskey,

>vodka, beer or other liquors) because alcohol has to go through a

>distillation process of boiling, filtering and fermenting.

>

>It is better to drink wine and talk chit than to drink water and be

>full of chit.

>There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I am

>doing this as a fellow bandster :biggrin1:

Later chicka whats? LOL

Morning everyone---even though noon is fast approaching. I was so lazy today!!! Kids are on vacation, so no granddaughter to babysit. I was yawning after Rick left for work, so I thought to heck with this and went back to bed! I slep sooooo good!!! I got back up a few minutes after 8 and felt wonderful!!! So I went for a walk, and the weather got cold...looks like our cold front has arrived. Rick is off the next 4 days, we had lots we wanted to get done, so of course we get cold weather for some of it!!!

Deb---hope your little one feels better soon, does he have a history of asthma or something withhis breathing? I hate that---it is so scary!

Darcy---your picture is adorable. I look back at mine, and it is shocking how much my daughter, and her daughter all look like me---poor things!

Beannie--sounds like you just needed some reminders of your Spanish, I took it in school (HS), my teacher is now my insurance agent!!! He still insists on trying to have a conversation with me in Spanish. Good thing we pretty much only exchange pleasantries now!!! I understand much better than I speak, so when he asks how I am I can always give him the "asi-asi" (spelling doesn't count) with the little hand wave for "SO-SO"....he just must think I am never either very good or very bad!!

Eileen---how'd the dress shopping go? I bought 2 dresses yesterday. One was a size 6!!!! The other a size 18 months---they were for the granddaughters!!! One of these days I will look for myself---maybe tomorrow, I am taking my Mom dress hunting tomorrow. She is looking for one to wear for the 50th anniversary celebration we are having. She and Dad will be renewing their vows---so she needs a new dress. With Easter around the corner, dresses are easy to find, so thought we would look now. Hope you were successful in your hunt.

Betty---I do the same thing, get up and wham before I know it 2 hours is gone....few things are done...several are started....and it is getting worse!! I have a beautiful rose garden on the south side of my house. It isn't huge, I'd say 30foot by 25 foot. I have about a dozen different rose bushes, a wide range of colors, and hybrids. Where it enters the back yard it has an arch, with red climbing roses. Next to it, is a HUGE pink honeysuckle. On the front fence, it has forsythia on one corner, a snowball bush in the middle and a trumpet vine (a wannabe compared to yours---esecially thanks to the son!!!)on the other corner. So between the fences, and other planting, my roses are fairly well protected from real harsh weather. They are so pretty...my favorite is a huge peace rose...the faint yellow to pink, is just beautiful. Of course when the long stemmed coral roses are in bloom, it becomes my favorite!!! I'm fickle!

Chris---I think when everyone deserves a little extra understanding, when they lose a loved one. Dealing with the emotions those things bring up is something even we cannot often control. I am sure he is not knowlingly pushing you away---and even if it is knowingly, it may just be a sign he suddenly realized he cares about you too, and what if he lost you. Last year when Rick was sooo sick, I talked more to the girls here, than my family or friends I see daily---it was so much easier to let my fingers fly, than to VOICE my fears. I hope it is all ok, and I am so sorry he is hurting--thus you too. (hugs)

Mandy---let us know how Abi's return to the school goes. We will be thinking of all of you.

Well I hear a salad calling my name. I am working hard to up my veggie intake---I think I need them! If I didn't get to you on personals today---will try to catch you this evening!!!

Kat

Princess Abi returned to school yesterday and did very well. She is at school now. I am going to take a nap. I'll be back later. ~Mandy

News from me.

This afternoon, a guy came to my door and gave me some "legal papers". I am BEING SUED. I cannot believe I am now a defendant in a civil suit for personal injury damages. This has to do with a car accident I was in two year's ago. I was rear-ended by this guy, let's call him CB. I mean, he plowed into me. I was stopped, in very congested stop and go traffic on a major interstate. He knocked me into a Chevy Avalanche in front of me, and knocked that vehicle into a semi in front of her. SHE, let's call her KJ, is suing both me and CB. The police report clearly indicates that CB was at fault. She did not make a claim against my insurance, ever. So, now, she's suing me? Anyone know anything about civil suits like this? My insurance company is on it already, and I am sure it will be handled, but I want to counterclaim on her if it is possible. OH...and she drove her truck from the scene herself...my poor car was towed and totalled. She and the semi driver were the ones who came to my car to see if I was okay...and now her suit claims she has physical and mental damages that impact her wages now and into the future? Give me a break. So, ladies, tell me what you know.

I'm passing on personals tonight...I'm just wallowing in worry right now. I mean, I know there's no way I was responsible for her alleged damages, but what a hassle, you know?

Hugs,

Cindy

Hey Cindy, I'm sorry you're having to go through such greedy chit. KJ was probably contacted by a police chasing attorney, one who has employees who do nothing, but track down accident reports. We have a well known one here who even monitors ambulance calls.

You've done the right thing, turn it over to your insurance company, that's what you pay them the big bucks for, let them and make sure they do their job.

I know it doesn't help to say don't worry, but I think you're more frustrated and angry at the moment.

On a lighter note, congrats on all the weight loss!

Everyone must have been really busy yesterday, except a few of us, hope all my gal pals are well.

Hi ladies,

Just stopped in - been reading and lurking around.

Cindy - that is flippin messed up. You are right! What a headache this has to be. IMO everything is documented on your part so I would say she does not have a chance at getting anything from you.

Mandy - So glad that Abi is doing great. May she keep on that road..

Kat - so your are going on to Texas WOW. How nice to meet up with Rene and Betty. You will have a good time.

One day it would be great if we all met up at some point.

Rene - hope your hubby is doing much better. What a scare!

Sorry that I cannot do more personals.. Memory not very good these days.

Not much going on in my world but just the kids keeping me busy. I broke down and took Chalio to the Dr. yesterday because we noticed he is losing his eyelashes and after much research about his meds and what could possibly be causing it and not finding anything that fit, I took him. I also had other concerns - his Weight. Anyway the good news is that Allergies are the cause. Even though he is not showing outward signs he had swelling in the inside bridge of his nose. Now Weight, Doc is not concerned at this point but I still am. He eats alot but is just so thin you can count his ribs. He is 4 feet 4 inches and weights 59lbs. In December he was 61lbs. Anyway I decided to change our eating habits and incorperate more fatty foods into his diet. That would really help out Cristian too. I never thought I would be worried when someone is the oppisite of what I am. Go figure

I any of you ladies have some suggestions please tell me..

Other than that Cristian took a tumble on Sat and knocked out his top front baby tooth. He was with his Dad when this happend and called to tell me. Boy was I pissed but it was an accident so what could I do except hug my Baby boy. Mind you he is 5yrs old...

Well gots to go.. TTL

Mary, have you tried ensure? They make these nutrition bars now too and they are good. I get them at Walmart in the baby section. They are like a Meal Replacement in a snack sized bar. Abi does ensure when she won't eat, it's healthy and gets her Vitamins and some fat/calories in each day. ~Mandy

Thanks Pat and Mary for the reassuring words! I know you are right...it's just such a shock, and then knowing the depositions are ahead, and how much time it takes, etc...what a hassle.

Today, the scales snuck down under 202, just barely...but I'm sure it's just a blip! I know how these plateau's get so tiring, but I also know we all get through them. A few of us are hovering right above that onederland point...

No news really...hope everyone's hanging in there and we're almost to Friday!

Mary, add some carbs to balance the added fat for your kiddoes...my DD has the other problem. She's trying to lose weight...poor kid. 9 and 1/2 and watching her weight. I'm just trying to keep her on a balanced sensible program; I think we are doing great so far.

Hugs, to all,

Cindy

Ooooh Cindy I'm so sorry to hear that you're being sued. Ugh! You're insurance company will take care of it. I can guarantee you she's just looking to make a quick buck and will settle for whatever the insurance company is willing to pay. The sad part is they will probably settle with her because it's cheaper than fighting her. It's a vicious cycle!