Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nj March Chat

Good Morning Y'all!

TGIF!!!!!

I am so ready for the weekend, it has been a busy week, but trying to sit there and put up with my back killing me made it almost unbearable.

Patty - I am glad to hear things are getting better and that you are fighting for yourself! Good things really do come to those that wait, and my dear you have waited long enough!:) :) :D

Kat - Glad to hear DH is better, that sure is scarey though! Maybe you need to feed him ice cream the rest of his life!:heh: :heh: :heh:

Darcy - Hey girl, how is the treadmill doing? How is DFIL doing?

Beanie - Wow, he sure got sick big time! Glad to hear you are healing him up good! He owes you a few days of favors huh? Just kidding!:D

Eileen - Any news on the job? Fill us in on the details!

Chrispy - How's the love life going? Is he still the one?

Deb - How are you doing now? Are you over the sickies?

Mandy - How do you like your new fridge? I'm glad to hear Abi is doing good.

Cindy - Hey girl, take a breath and relax! I told you being a stay at home person was busy!:D :D :D

Sherry - You will have to take some pictures of that pretty stained glass stuff you are making! We wanna see!

Well, I guess I best get moving and get dressed for work. I am sitting here eating some left over supper for Breakfast.

Any body doing something special for the weekend?

Good Morning,

I can't stay as usual but my boss made a comment the other day that just broke my spirit. He was so gunho about me taking the job in the beginning but after he spoke to HR... he made a comment like... "I need you to go to this workshop in september, even if you don't get the job...because YOU KNOW I can't promise you anything." Can you say burst bubble :) I'm down about that comment but I've said from the beginning of all of this that what ever happens, its Gods Will and thats good enough for me and I wouldn't get upset (which I'm not upset...just down if ya know what I mean) so thats the story my chicklets.

Betty.... here's one for you.

Green Spots

A woman goes to her doctor's office, afraid of the strange development on

the inside of her thighs. A green spot on the inside of each thigh. They

won't wash off, they won't scrape off, and they seem to be getting worse.

The doctor says he'll get to the bottom of the problem, and tells her not

to worry until the tests come back. A few days later, the woman's phone

rings. It's the doctor. She immediately begs to know what's causing the

spots?

The doctor says, "You're perfectly healthy, there's no problem.

But I'm wondering.. is your boyfriend a Harley guy?"

The woman stammers, "Why, yes, but how did you know?"

"Tell him his earrings aren't real gold."

:):D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HI everyone....

I forgot what PB stands for....but i am trying to eat alot more slowley and chew more...i still get the pain in my chest but not so much now....I have been nauseas and very tired....but I guess I can blame that on my two boys who get up at nite....THANK GOD IT IS FRIDAY I dont think I could do another day....but I do have to get up earlier on Sat. and get my drivers license renewed which I am not looking forward to...then Me and my husband are taking the boys to see Spideman at Walmart....they are going to be thrilled....I am going to try to rest this weekend also...but with two young boys not sure how that is going to work....Everyone have a great weekend and keep losing...Deb

Morning all-

Deb--PB is Productive Burp---which I find a little misleading, that makes it sound mild and unconcerning, which they are not!!! They are basically vomiting for me, without the acids---yucky, and not good! Hope you find time to rest, but it should be fun family time--I always like having a fun surprise for the kids.

Mary---speaking of surprises for the kids---how's yours coming along?

Eileenie---loved the joke! Back 25+ years ago, my DH wore an earring (1) for awhile....oh how my Dad hated it!!! He also claimed Ricks hair was too long! I told him to pick his complaint, if his hair was too long, he never would have seen the earring!! Funny now to see him to remember his long hair---and yes it was the old mullet days---and his was to his middle/lower back!!! Now I buzz him with a 1/4" guard on the clippers every week!!!! In fact he went from it being long, to a buzz cut in minutes. He was at work, and had to pull it out of the wheels on his creeper, and that was the last time he decided!!! It has been short since---although not always buzzed! No more earrings either. Man we ARE old!

Betty---hope your back gets better soon---between your foot and now your back, your poor bike is gonna forget you! Heal fast---Spring is PERFECT riding weather! Are the wildflowers blooming on the roadsides in TX yet?

Sherry---girl you better slow down, and not be cutting glass when you are tired!

Dianne---how goes the healing? Hope you didn't overdo with your day out. How is the inlaw situation?

Darcy---same for you? How is FIL? Actually, how is DH taking the withdrawal, of his accepting help?

Chris---you busy, or upset? We miss you!

Patty---you are ALWAYS welcome here---we have been worried about you and the boys! Keep us updated!

Mandy---how did the meeting go? Did I miss you saying?

Beannie---Sorry things are in such an uproar right now work wise, sounds like you made a wise decision. Especially considering the $$$ was a better fit than you expected. I know we can't base every decision in our lives on money, but it matters!!!

Well it looks like my cat may have been part of the poisoning. He was old, and already sick, but that also explains why he went down so fast. I wasn't real concerned until I heard the symptoms--and then I got cold chills. Poor Bailey drank all day---drank and cried. When he become disoriented, and lost, I thought maybe the ear infection was at fault. He vomited a couple of times, but that too is not uncommon with the infection he had. But the Water was odd for him. So I looked into it. I still have 4 pouches of possibly affected food. I was planning on discussing it with DH when he got home as to what to do about it, but before he got home the vet called, and I discussed it with him. He gave me a link, said I could at least recover my vet costs. I don't know what to think or what to feel. Just sad, I miss him, I hate that this might have been what caused him to pass in pain as opposed to maybe just going to sleep in his bed peacefully. I don't want to deal with it....I want to bury my head in the sand.

I go to donate blood today---that means I need to plan a way around the cookies!!! Then the DW repairman is supposed to come and fix my DW---thank goodness!

So will be back later guys!

Kat

Our meeting went very well. The support group leader at the center sees some of the issuse that we are seeing at home. You see, Abi is an angel when she is not home. The program co-ordinator actually said that Dave and I are doing a great job of raising Abi. That made me feel really good. She also said that mentally and emotionally Abi is somewhere between 12 and 15 trapped in a 5 year olds body. I can see that too. They also say that if we continue the meds and group therapy she should be ok. We are going to start a group for girls that gives them a chance to express themselves with peers and they learn coping skills, a new skill is introduced every 2 weeks. There are family exercises and individual groth plans set for each girl. They also work on self-esteem, something we need. She has today and 3 days next week and then she gets to return to her regular classroom. She says that she feels better each day and we have promised to continue to work on the things that she struggles with. She was crying last night because they talked about how their actions hurt others. She said she didn't realize that her words and actions hurt so much. She also left her group session in tears yesterday when they started talking about a mothers love and how mom's always love you, even when you hurt them. Abi was deeply affected by that session. I hope that this will make a long term change for her. School seems less and less helpful each day. I called yesterday to see if they were going to help with the continued support that she needs. I was told by the school psych and the social worker that they could support her accademicly but not in any other way. If she needs continued support that needs to happen at home. I tried to explain that we planned to continue the home program but school may need to help suring the day and she said "I'll see what I can do" That means, this conversation is over have a nice afternoon. I told the center that and they said they would list her school care as "as needed" and they want her re-evaluated before school starts next year. Between the group meeting, family counseling and seeing the psych, she won't need the assholes at school. I did talk to a lawyer about fighting to have her transfered to the academy that the mental health center runs, he says I have to prove that the school is failing her. I am noting everything and I have to prove that an IEP is also not being established or followed, I am working on that. I have a parents support group today, I will check in tonight.

I want to thank my band sisters here, you have been more supportive and caring than you can ever know. My own family hasn't supported and care as much as you have. It means soooo much to me to know that I have family, spread all over the country that really cares. I love you guys..(((hugs))) ~Mandy

peeking in...I actually got the notice today hmmm weird email system I have here :)

Work is NUTS, nutso, crazy, busy and I'm going to have to work from home this weekend grrrrrrrrrr

I'll see what I can do about a picture of my stained glass so far :)

Hey All.

TGIF for sure. Just about the time I get into doing something useful for myself, somebody comes along bothering me with WORK. What a pain. It's much better to be consistently busy, or consistently slow. I am really into the story for Abi right now - and I don't want to have to stop and work on this stupid file that will never close, anyway. **whine**

But, we have the radio on and the day is half over, so I guess I will survive. I am well over halfway done with Princess True, and I am trying to get it done so Mandy & Abi can read it over the weekend. But, I might not make it if I have to look at this stupid file every ten minutes. I mean, Geez - I haven't even had time to get to my Spanish Vocab yet today. I don't mind skipping it to work on Abi's story - but I sure am angry about work. Crazy, huh? Not the best attitude to have. I am hoping to be a little more philosophical about it after I eat. Sometimes that can make all the difference. :]

So, the scale is hovering at 283 (+4 = 287 estimated "official" weight) and I am NOT eating well. I kind of used DH's illness as an excuse to get some bad foods into the house. He wouldn't eat much - but he asked for a tart desert - so I picked up a lemon cream pie... and some cake donut holes, since they are nice and bland. Um, yeah. They were for him. Uh Huh.

So, the weekend is not looking too fabulous on the diet front - but I will have to go to the gym and work some of that sugary badness off. Now that DH is tottering around on his own and fully functional again, I have no excuse to stay home.

No other big plans for the weekend. I need to do some laundry for DH and do another load of dishes. This whole house keeping thing is a pain in the ass, I tell you. *sigh* I am so spoiled.

Patty, Darling. There was no need to welcome you back - we were about to set the Flying Monkeys on you to drag you back here. We missed you and we were worried. Hugs!! We will wait to hear about the drama when you have time to tell us the tale. Coolness about the scanner. Gold Stars for you figuring it out. Hope your attorney eats the insurance company for lunch. xo

Mandy - *GGGGRRRRRRRR* The school district is so maddening! It is all about money more times than not. Sadly, the whole world has become all about money and liability. I am so glad that the sessions at the center are helping Abi. I think knowing that Mom & Dad still love her, no matter what, is going to help her a lot. Keep fighting to keep her there for as long as she needs to stay. Hugs!

Sherry - Five AM? *shudder* Not for me, thanks! :] Stained glass is so pretty. I can't wait to see your project. At least when you are done with a project, you have something tangible. I find that kind of art highly rewarding. I almost wish it was busy, crazy here. Hope you get to rest up over the weekend.

Betty - you might be kidding, but I'm not. DH is going to have to pamper me for a bit when he feels fully well. He is already gushing about what a great wife he has and how wonderful my care has been. I will just be glad when he has enough strength to do the danged dishes and cook for me, again! I really am spoiled. :] Hope your back feels better soon.

Eileenie - Dont' be down, Honey. He really can't make any promises - and if he wants you to be fully prepared, that's a good sign. Even if you don't get the job now, you will be ready for it when it comes up again. The more training you get, the more marketable you are to your company, and to others. It will all come together for the best. Your Karma is good. Hugs!!

Deb - try your best to get some rest this weekend. Can your DH take the boys somewhere for a few hours so you can get some Grown Up Alone time? Sometimes a relaxing bubble bath without any worries can be a sanity saver. Or maybe just a worry-free nap. Isn't it time for Daddy to take those boys to the park? Or maybe he can take them to see Spidey without you? Just a thought. Hugs!

Kat - money certainly isn't everything - but it wouldn't be much of a career move if I had to sell my house and all my belongings to do it. I was very pleased to see that the bulk of the teachers in my area make a doable income. I am sorry, again, about your furbaby. It was bad enough when you thought he had passed from age, alone. I know that no amount of compensation could make up for the loss of your DC - but recovering the vet fees would at least give you a little justice. Hugs!

Well, I have to get to work on the file that will never close.... *snort*

Love you guys!

Irene

He All... Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a happy weekend. We are heading up to stay in my Sister's cabin since they are selling and hopeful that we will buy it...lol. It certainly will be nice to stay in a cabin with running Water and minus the live bug and mouse shows. :)

Sorry I'm behind with personals... will try and catch up when I get back!

TTFN

Yes Darcy----how dare you have a life and enjoy a cabin (without me I might add!!!) and miss doing personals??? I just don't get it!!!

LOL enjoy!!!

Kat

Good morning, almost afternoon to all!

Good to see you, Patty...keep up the good fight. Congrats on winning your technology war!

Beanie, I understand your decision about the career change...like I said, you'll know best when the time is right, and doing both together is a good idea. I hope your story is wonderful...lucky Abi!

Eileen, bummer on that little bubble burster. Hmmmm, I wonder what that meant, if anything? I hate stuff like that, and always on a Friday...they are mean and cruel, that's what. Let's continue to hope for the best.

Sherry, glad you are doing well on your stained glass project!

Kat, I enjoyed your story about your DH's mullet...gosh, those were just so good-looking, weren't they? I do my DH's hair, now, too...we just shave it off. He likes it; I like it.

Mandy, you are doing what you need to do. Take notes, take notes, take notes. It's always so great to take a notebook to a meeting, and say,"Well, let's see here...(flip some pages)....back on Oct 14, we were told blah, blah, blah, and yet on Feb. 23, this still had not been achieved." It puts a rock in their stomachs, and motivates them to see things from a different point of view. I'm glad you are seeing changes and progress, and glad you are getting some reassurance from the program.

Betty, don't over-do it this weekend, let your back rest!

Darcy, I hope you have a great time at the cabin, even if there aren't live mouse shows!

Our house painting is complete...it looks so nice. DD and DH go back to school next week, which is kinda sad and kinda happy (you know what I mean?).

I spent yesterday with my sister at my dad's, going through all of my mom's "get well" and sympathy cards...another sad thing that feels good to have over with. Big sigh. I guess all in all, I'm proud of all of us for moving ahead and not letting grief keep us from life. I still miss her so much, and I will, I guess, always.

Like Mandy said so well, thank you to all my friends here, all around the country, who have provided so much support and friendship! I love all of you!

Cindy

We recieved great news yesterday, Abi is being released from the program 2 days early. She has made such great progress. The program wants to hold onto the last 2 days that were pre-approved in case we need them in the future. (the approval is good for a year) She gets to go back to school next tuesday for 4 days next week, 4 days the following week then spring break. We have plans for most of the break, we are doing a muesuem, the zoo, and going to see Meet the Robinsons at the movies. She has worked so hard with this program, and I am so proud of her. Today she is like a different kid, she is smiling, laughing and being more like herself everyday. I hope that between this program, the followup support group and the weekly counseling she will be able to keep these positive changes working for her. I will check back in later. ~Mandy

Great news, Mandy!

Have ya'll had any of the bad weather I am seeing talked about on the news in the Chicago area?

We are just finishing up our spring break here...I'm glad yours is later...probably better weather up there!

Most of the local schools have break next week, our first day is the 6th. It kinda sucks, because the other schools have all this week off and they have the 6th for good friday and the monday after Easter too, so they have 7 days off, we have 6. Our district has fewer days off then any of the ones around us. We had a shorter Christmas break, shorter spring break and we only had 3 teacher institute days. Our teachers are asking for a shorter school year next year, because we have something like 16 more school days then all the other districts. Our weather is ok, loads of rain but it was 64 today. We had family fun/game night tonight and everyone noticed that Abi was much calmer and actually listening to me. It was nice that my family finally sees that I made a good choice. I'll check in tomorrow. ~Mandy

We always have wacky weather here in New England. DH went on a motorcycle ride yesterday and yet today we woke up to two inches of snow hahaha gotta love New England for that stuff :) I even saw crocusses in the neighbors yard yesterday bet they are hiding today hee hee

Hmmm I still have my 4 foot Christmas wreath on the house so the snow at least matches that hahaha. i'm hoping when I can get DH to climb the ladder to take it down he'll put up the nice tin star I bought instead!

In search of a crockpot recipe for today. I have to do some work most of the day for work so I need something I can throw together and forget it. Cold day.....something easy.....sounds like a chili day to me :) Lots of Protein, easy peasy to put together, feeds a lot....yeap I think so :)