Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any regrets?

Although I am pretty new, and have not had a fill yet, I can truly say that I have not regerets.

Like so many have said before, why did I not do it sooner. After all, I am where I was at a year ago after I just lost 40 pounds. That would be ground that I would not have made up again had I done it sooner.

Andrew

Although I am pretty new, and have not had a fill yet, I can truly say that I have not regerets.

Like so many have said before, why did I not do it sooner. After all, I am where I was at a year ago after I just lost 40 pounds. That would be ground that I would not have made up again had I done it sooner.

Andrew

Oh Andrew I can so relate! One of the reasons I finally decided to go through with this was July 2005 I joined WW (AGAIN)! and lost 60 lbs in 9 months. Once I hit that I started to creep back up again and attempted to restart many many times! I could not do it and felt like a failure. I am up 35 lbs from then and I just hate myself. This may be "drastic" but for me I think it is my last lifeline.

Hugs to us all,

susan

Oddly, I dont consider the lapbandto be that drastic, especially considering the things that I have done in the past in failed attempts to lose weight.

I do consider it to be a last solution. It is a totally different feeling to know that when those pounds are gone, they are gone for good (barring any complications or major foul ups on my behalf).

Andrew

Hi: For years, I lost huge and gained slowly back. Nothing I tried worked until the Band. Now it is my conscience. When I don't follow the rules it let's me know. I am proud to have the band but I still know it is up to me. If I want to cheat (milkshakes, etc.) it is my choice. I know the band is a tool and I must make use of it. Doddie

My first post! I am having my band "installed" on Friday March 9th. I am going through so many emotions right now that I am not exactly sure what to think or how to feel. I am excited, nervous, scared all at once. I am tremendously encouraged by all of your posts since many of you have expressed the same types of feelings that I have had. Having been overweight most of my life so I don't really know what its to be a thin person. The only thing that I know for sure is despite all of the turmoil, that right now at this moment - I don't regret making this decision and I am looking forward to being thin!

This week! That is great. Let us knowhow you did as soon as you feel up to it. I can't wait to be banded - I really need this!

Susan

WoooHooo Heldie, way to go, the 9th will be here before you know it!! If you have any last minute questions or concerns, feel free to ask! We will be anxiously awaiting your return as a full fledged Bandster!!!

Welcome to LBT, I think you will find the support, friendship, and information here invaluable!

Glad to have you here!

Kat

Thanks for all of your good wishes... I will post as soon as I am able. I am trying to boost my confidence and calm my fears and your posts are really helping!! Tonight I say good bye to my preop diet of yoghurt and cottage cheese... I am truly glad that's behind me.

Talk to you soon!

Heldie

Irishmist you are doing great. 92 lbs.8 more then 100 lbs. Keep up the good work. Any secrets you and Mandi aren't telling us.

I am just 6 weeks from my surgery, and I also have no regrets. Sometimes I even forget I had surgery. But if I eat to fast or put too much in my mouth, I'm quickly reminded. LOVE IT!!! its what i needed to never let me forget.

Thanks Loriely, sorry i have no secrets i have good restriction, some days i seem to have more than others, i stop eating as soon as i have that full feeling, i have been able to increase my Water intake, i don't eat any junk food i think about it, but i fight the temptation.

My husband and our daughters are amazed at the change in me, compared to what i was like before banding, i said the Dr.must have injected some kind of mind control drug in me on the day of surgery. LOL

Hope you will be feeling better soon Loriely, and they are able to find out for sure if you have gall stones or not, and will get the problem taking care of for you. Take care. :)

Maria :woot:

Hi to All,

I am doing well so far... still dealing with a bit of trapped gas and the incisions are a bit tender but so far so good! I am now sporting a brand new "Mid" band!

Talk to you soon!