Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adoption

My wife and I are finalizing an adoption of a little girl on the 18th and just wondering if there are any other members that have adopted, are adopting or want to adopt.

Dear 5.0junkie,Congratulations to you and your wife! Bets wishes with your new baby girl. :wub:

Awe so happy for you, your wife and your little girl! Congrats to all of you!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Congratulations!! to all of you. Nothing like being a daddy's little girl. I have 2 older brothers, so I know and they are a lot older.

Enjoy her and share pictures, please, we all love pictures.

Congratulations! I am adopted myself and my husband and I chose to adopt, too -- big believer in this beautiful way to make a family.

Junkie, that tells me just about ALL I need to know about you & your wifey!! What a wonderful thing to have a heart big enough and beautiful enough to give your unconditional love to a child born of someone else. It takes a special kind of person to go through that. God bless you! Some people in my husband's family's (his sisters, mainly) look at me like I'm crazy every time I say I want to adopt a child in the future and they say things like: "nooooo, it's better to have your own". To each their own!

Sincerely, thank you all for the kind words. I met this little girl last year at Halloween. She was 4 at the time. A big group of us friends all showed up to a neighborhood to take the kids door to door and she was a new kiddoe to the group. As soon as they told me who she was and what her story was I instantly fell in love with her and knew she just had to be mine and added to our family. Well, we made some phone calls and she ended up moving in with us in April. She is 5 years old now and amazes me everyday. She has overcome so much adversity and survived a walk through the gates of hell. Her passion for life and desire to unconditionally love another person is truly inspiring.

I should add that our journey has not been easy. While dealing with DHS had not been bad for us (I've heard some horror stories), bringing someone else into our home has had it's difficult moments. This little girl came from a situation where she literally had to "zone out" to survive so when she moved in with us and she knew she had done something wrong, she would just be dead to the world for hours. There were several issues she had when she first came to us but in the short amount time she has been with us, she has overcome 90% of them. Which is another reason I find inspiration in her, she just continues to move mountains in her life.

As of today, I now have a new dilemma with our adoption situation that my wife and I are praying about. There is another little girl. She's 7. Blonde hair blue eyed angel. Her father has lost his rights and mother will be losing her rights next month and this girl needs a permanent home. I would do and go through everything I went through a hundred times over for my 5 year old but we are trying to decide if we are being called to this 7 year old or if its just our soft hearts and an understanding of what a child has endured that makes us feel drawn to her. Please keep fingers crossed and this blue eyed angel in your prayers.

5.0junkie, if she is for you, God will work it out! Bless you for your faith in Him. I am praying for this to happen for you, if it is His will!

We find out today if the 7 year old blonde haired blue eyed angel will be available to us. We found out yesterday that she has a brother. DHS may want to try and place them together but they have not been together for about 3 years so we are not sure how that is going to turn out. Fingers crossed!

Best wishes, maybe you get a 2 for!

We find out today if the 7 year old blonde haired blue eyed angel will be available to us. We found out yesterday that she has a brother. DHS may want to try and place them together but they have not been together for about 3 years so we are not sure how that is going to turn out. Fingers crossed!

Would you take them both? I know it's a lot but you never know.

Good luck with your new family and you get to go trick or treating this year!! how fun is that.

Would you take them both? I know it's a lot but you never know.

Good luck with your new family and you get to go trick or treating this year!! how fun is that.

LOL!!

My wife and I are finalizing an adoption of a little girl on the 18th and just wondering if there are any other members that have adopted' date=' are adopting or want to adopt.[/quote']

My husband and I are in the process of adopting a little girl from Ukraine. If you would like to follow our blog you can find it at www.thenewsadoptionjourney.wordpress.com