Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

survived my first week after plication surgery!

Yes I have survived the first week!

It has been the hardest week of my life! It has been frustrating and overwhelming at times! I haven't had lots of pain from the actual surgery cuts or anything. The first 2 days nausea was not that bad, and was fine. The hunger pains are the pain in the butt! This hunger pains or contractions as I call them are the worst, they are horrible. They have kept me up at night! I feel as if I have a couple of lions trapped inside my belly :/ lol

That pain has made me emotionally crazy too! I've broken down so many times, saying why God, why did I do this? Or God I want to turn back time! Or what was I thinking! Or what did I get myself into!

And in tears I really wished I could just literally just shove my hand inside of me and undo this, right there and then. Right in that momoment!

Yeah it has been a long week! One I thought I wouldn't survive. When I almost called my doc and said, take me back to the OR and undo this.

Yeah I survived my first week!

A very long week of just fluids, which is so annoying and hard to deal with as well. A week when I'm restricted from the food around me, the food I love. Man this is hard! As my husband made dinner and had dinner with my kids, yeah that was another breakdown! That was hard.

I survived a week of just craving and.wanting food!

Food! Food! Food! Some yummy food, that's all I want! Yes I survived!

Now for the days ahead of me, soon I will go into soft foods, at the end of this week. A new challenge awaits me! And as for the weekend I have a conference starting Friday, I'm thinking how em I going to do it, whith going out to restaurants? How will I know what to order? Will they have something I can eat? Or will I just be tempeted and break down again, because I can't have any of it?

Or it might just be easier to stay home and not go! :/

Yes! I survived my first week!

Oh No !! You have officially scared me to death...... now back to you...

Please know your gonna be okay...I do not know for sure but according to what I read this is NOT common...keep reading and maybe someone can help you with tips or something. .. I am so very worried.... I hope your feeling better..please keep me posted... I am on my way...I have neen CLEARED...and am just waiting for my Date... signed "Shaking in her Boots"

TC

Please know your gonna be okay...I do not know for sure but according to what I read this is NOT common...keep reading and maybe someone can help you with tips or something. .. I am so very worried.... I hope your feeling better..please keep me posted... I am on my way...I have neen CLEARED...and am just waiting for my Date... signed "Shaking in her Boots"

TC

Sorry don't mean to scare you, it was just a way to vent, and share my realistic experience.

TC

Don't be scared, that's no my intention. I'm just sharing my experience, my emotions, the moments of being overwhelmed.

I wish someone would have shared all the feelings, expectations that come with it. But then again everyone is different and will experience different things and different times and I guess one can never be too prepared for this.

But just as it got better with my band, this will soon pass and be back to my normal self.

Lots of luck and prayers for your journey, I'm here to support you all the way! :)

I just hope you get better. .. I am a big chicken ****...I just kept seeing visions of lions as I read your post. Do you think it is because you had the lapband first? Could that be a reason? What was your starting weight? I hope your feeling better..

I just hope you get better. .. I am a big chicken ****...I just kept seeing visions of lions as I read your post. Do you think it is because you had the lapband first? Could that be a reason? What was your starting weight? I hope your feeling better..

Yes feeling way better. The hunger pains/cramping pains have gotten better too. Sorry about the whole lion thing, its as best as I can describe the loud sound lol

Oh I'm that biggest chicken ever! Especially with doctors and needles lol but I have been blessed with a great wls doctor.

The doc said it was normal to have the hunger pains, that they would go away especially when I start on real food.< /p>

The doc said it was normal to have the hunger pains' date=' that they would go away especially when I start on real food.[/quote']

Did you get my pm the other day about the Antiacids? I do hope you feel better! I did not have the pains you are talking about if they are that bad but it was an emotional roller coaster lol! I promise it will get better! And in a few months when you are down a whole bunch of pounds this will all be a distant memory!

Did you get my pm the other day about the Antiacids? I do hope you feel better! I did not have the pains you are talking about if they are that bad but it was an emotional roller coaster lol! I promise it will get better! And in a few months when you are down a whole bunch of pounds this will all be a distant memory!

No I didn't :/

Yes I'm feeling better, the hunger pains have gotten down or a lot less. I think all the emotions got the best of me lol

I'm just an emotional person for everything lol

And I'm sure looking fwd to all this being over and just loving my new life. And being able to eat real food! I just want foooooood lol

Hi all

Just want to chime in. Got my plication oct 19 and my sw was 214 . It was a tough couple of weeks with the hunger pains they did feel like contraptions lol I also didn't sleep from them. I also had times in those weeks I said what did I do!! While I was eating mushy food and everyon else wasn't . Than it all passed when I could eat real food and was amazed at how little it took to get satisfied I did have to eat every two hours or so cuz the hunger pains but now I don't have to eat so frequently! I love the healthy foods I eat and I try to be creative with cooking cuz I love cooking. I can honestly say I have not eatin Pasta or sweets since oct nor craved it !! I finally hit 50 lbs last week and it is so motivating!!! Nothing taste better than this feels. Have 20 more to go and loving every day of my journey!!! I am more happy and have more energy than I have in years!! This was definatly the best desion I ever made, you too will also be here soon I promise!!! Any help I can be just ask!!!! Ps my husband started dieting on the same day as me and sw was 290 and he is down to 237 all on his own this is also helping :)

Hi all

Just want to chime in. Got my plication oct 19 and my sw was 214 . It was a tough couple of weeks with the hunger pains they did feel like contraptions lol I also didn't sleep from them. I also had times in those weeks I said what did I do!! While I was eating mushy food and everyon else wasn't . Than it all passed when I could eat real food and was amazed at how little it took to get satisfied I did have to eat every two hours or so cuz the hunger pains but now I don't have to eat so frequently! I love the healthy foods I eat and I try to be creative with cooking cuz I love cooking. I can honestly say I have not eatin Pasta or sweets since oct nor craved it !! I finally hit 50 lbs last week and it is so motivating!!! Nothing taste better than this feels. Have 20 more to go and loving every day of my journey!!! I am more happy and have more energy than I have in years!! This was definatly the best desion I ever made' date=' you too will also be here soon I promise!!! Any help I can be just ask!!!! Ps my husband started dieting on the same day as me and sw was 290 and he is down to 237 all on his own this is also helping :)[/quote']

Davell23

Glad to hear I'm the only one who experienced the hunger pains ( contractions) I was starting to think I was the only one who experienced this.

I'm glad that you are doing great and feeling wonderful! And thank you for sharing your experience, its nice to know what is ahead on our journey.

As for the pain hunger/ contractions have become less and last night when I went to sleep didn't get any!! Yaaaay I'm so happy for that! Thank you Jesus!

I will be starting mushy foods on Friday and can hardly wait.

Although I have a conference this whole weekend and I'm scared cuz I'm not sure what I should order at restaurants, or if they will even have anything that I can eat :/

Thinking of maybe just not going, but I also need to get out of the house lol

Davell good to hear from you! What's your eating plan look like at this far out? Just curious as some days it seems like I eat too much lol

Hi Bos123

I still focus on protine first I eat a omelet with those egg starts a half cup with mushrooms onions and cheese almost every day it fills me and is a great way to start it carries me for a while lunches are usually salad with some kink of meat chicken or thin and trim buffalo chicken with low cal dressing I always stretch it out with viniger my Snacks are low fat cottage cheese with Special K multigrain crackers love them I like the new dannon Greek yougurt it has double protine I add fresh fruit to it. I have been making turkey chilli and Soups from my weight watcher recipies too also loving spiigetti squash make it with a Swiss chard diced tomatoe white wine sliced onions and garlic sauce love it!! I could go on and on lol can you tell I live food ;) I'm on my fitness pall davell23 although I'm getting a little bored with it

Hi bos123

Correctin to my fitness pall it is davell27 lol my husband is 23

Hi bos123

Correctin to my fitness pall it is davell27 lol my husband is 23

Ok I will! I've been slacking with MFP lately lol