Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 days out and low on energy

Anyone have any insight on how the first month went for you? I am healing well, not nauseous, no issues except for energy. I have little to none lol... Does this change when you switch to food? Any tips? I have too much to do right now to be like this;)

I was exhausted to the extream for about a month....it definatly gets better I'm eight weeks out and feel fantastic!!!! Lost thirty lbs so far and am loving the restriction have not had the overrating feeling yet (don't want to) and do not feel deprived at all.....the best desion I ever made. My husband is also dieting with me and we are neck and neck he also is down thirty it is helping me a lot and best part no one suspects a thing :)

I was exhausted to the extream for about a month....it definatly gets better I'm eight weeks out and feel fantastic!!!! Lost thirty lbs so far and am loving the restriction have not had the overrating feeling yet (don't want to) and do not feel deprived at all.....the best desion I ever made. My husband is also dieting with me and we are neck and neck he also is down thirty it is helping me a lot and best part no one suspects a thing :)

Thanks davell! I feel great otherwise just tired lol! I'm so happy to hear from you and that you are doing well:)

My sister had the same issue when she was in the phase as of yours and it got ok slowly and gradually. She was successful in shedding 30 lbs during that and after she was ok' date=' she started on litttle work out and raw vegetables. She got n number of complements for her new looks. Hope you will also be getting the same in some days. So be positive and everything's gonna be fine for you.[/quote']

Thank you jetson! It's a little overwhelming being low on energy this time of year... It's getting better each day though:)

How long before you noticed you had more energy? Was it gradual? My daughter is getting a bit frustrated with it. Says she wakes up, and shortly after wants to sleep again! She's 18 tho and just wants to be with her friends!

How long before you noticed you had more energy? Was it gradual? My daughter is getting a bit frustrated with it. Says she wakes up' date=' and shortly after wants to sleep again! She's 18 tho and just wants to be with her friends![/quote']

That sounds about right! At about four weeks I felt way better but I'm still not 100%....

Wow! So are you taking lots of Vitamins? Someone told me she should take Multi Vitamins, B12, and Biotin... She was only taking 2 Enspira Multi vitamins...1 in the morning, and 1 at night....The tiredness concerns me, because she has applied for a job that consists of 12 hr. days, in about a month it starts, and I'm not sure she will be able handle it. There's a good chance she will get the job...

Wow! So are you taking lots of Vitamins? Someone told me she should take multi vitamins' date=' B12, and Biotin... She was only taking 2 Enspira Multi vitamins...1 in the morning, and 1 at night....The tiredness concerns me, because she has applied for a job that consists of 12 hr. days, in about a month it starts, and I'm not sure she will be able handle it. There's a good chance she will get the job...[/quote']

Well everyone is different. Two weeks out I had a bad chest infection/ cold that wore me out considering that was right before Xmas. And I have three little kids under the age of 7 that I run around after lol. Not to mention that I've never been overly energetic in the winter months ( very cold up here). So taking all that INto account, maybe that's some of my issue lol. I take the same Vitamins as your daughter as well as an anti acid, Vitamin d, and am gonna start taking b12s in the afternoon. She's young I'm sure shell feel great once she starts solid foods:)

Yes, you are a busy lady! Lol, I am sure your kids account for some of your "low energy" for sure!! I hope she has more energy soon...She is so tired of juice, broth, yogurt and Protein shakes! Lol... She is on day 12, so soon! :)

Yes' date=' you are a busy lady! Lol, I am sure your kids account for some of your "low energy" for sure!! I hope she has more energy soon...She is so tired of juice, broth, yogurt and Protein shakes! Lol... She is on day 12, so soon! :)[/quote']

She may have a break down or two...(I did, had some buyers remorse and just wanted to feel "normal" again feel like I fit in again). I couldn't believe how left out I felt. Hence realizing how much food was the center of my social get togethers etc. I watched people eat and laugh and somehow thought I would be the one sitting there watching everyone else have fun... fOReVER! Lol... Funny now at 6 weeks out. Once I could eat normal food again, I had lost weight by then and suddenly I felt empowered that I could join in but not stuff my face. That first month was the toughest, but she will get through it and never look back. I wish her all the luck... Short term pain for

Long term gain;)

Absolutely!!! I agree! .... but I do feel bad for her, her bday is Jan 24th and she will be 19... She says "I can't even go out for supper on my Birthday"! :( Then says, but when I do, I'm having mashed potatoes with mushroom Soup poured over them"! Haha ... Ya, I know she turned down going with friends already, but mostly because she is just tired... Last night she fell asleep at 8pm, and I woke at 4 in the morning, thinking this isn't right, this is so abnormal for her, and I worked myself into a panic and had to check on her, and woke her up!! Lol....Then she couldnt go back to sleep!! Geee, thanks mom! She will get through it though for sure.... Thanks for chatting with me, its very helpful, seeing you had your surgery so close to hers... everything is still fresh in your mind, and you are able to answer lots of my questions.

Absolutely!!! I agree! .... but I do feel bad for her' date=' her bday is Jan 24th and she will be 19... She says "I can't even go out for supper on my Birthday"! :( Then says, but when I do, I'm having mashed potatoes with mushroom Soup poured over them"! Haha ... Ya, I know she turned down going with friends already, but mostly because she is just tired... Last night she fell asleep at 8pm, and I woke at 4 in the morning, thinking this isn't right, this is so abnormal for her, and I worked myself into a panic and had to check on her, and woke her up!! Lol....Then she couldnt go back to sleep!! Geee, thanks mom! She will get through it though for sure.... Thanks for chatting with me, its very helpful, seeing you had your surgery so close to hers... everything is still fresh in your mind, and you are able to answer lots of my questions.[/quote']

Anytime Lois! There are few plicationers on

Line ( maybe because they are so successful .. Hopefully:) but I'm still very new so I will check in once in awhile:)