Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Safety At Dr Huacuz Tijuana Hospital

Hello all,

As I get closer to surgery December 27, 2011 I am hearing a lot about violence in Tijuana. A coworker said to cover my blonde hair and as much of my skin as possible so as not to be noticed as not from Mexico. Have there been any problems with patients getting to Dr. Huacuz's office or hospital? There is supposed to be a driver to pick me up at the airport and drop me off at the airport when I leave. I feel good about this plan, but just read an article about people being shot in their vehicle waiting to cross the border.

Hope I am just a nervous nellie, but do want to be realistic also.

I went to Angeles Health in Tijuana a year ago and I was picked up and dropped off at San Diego airport. I imagine you'll get to go in the fast track line like I did as those chauffeurs get a special pass for the border crossing. Everything seemed fine 12 months ago and we did each journey in broad day light. I stayed in Tijuana for 4 days and we didn't hear or see any violence. My husband stayed in a hotel a 15 minute walk away from the hotel and he often walked there after sunset - and he's a pale face like me!! ;-).

I don't know exactly where your doc is but I'm told that Ciudad Juarez is the place to avoid (I think it's part of Tijuana - I'm not great at geography I'm afraid).

I really didn't see Tijuana as I was dropped off and picked up at the hospital. The hospital seemed to have plenty of security guards in it - they were stood outside some people's rooms (don't know if they were celebs, politicians or drug barons).

Ultimately I felt safe going to the part of Tijuana I went to. HTH.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches