Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So scared of gas pains...on methadone..hope pain meds work

Have spoken with my surgeon about my methadone prescription and my immunity to narcotics. They will have to put me on a high dose of pain meds or I will feel pain....haven't used in six years but clearly I have to have pain meds as my dr feels the same way. He said he will tell my anasteshalogist that I need high doses then normal. Hope that works out..I, not nervous of surgey I enjoy it. Just don't wanna be in pain cause someone doesn't give me enough pain meds Anyone have this experience or hear of anything?

Have spoken with my surgeon about my methadone prescription and my immunity to narcotics. They will have to put me on a high dose of pain meds or I will feel pain....haven't used in six years but clearly I have to have pain meds as my dr feels the same way. He said he will tell my anasteshalogist that I need high doses then normal. Hope that works out..I, not nervous of surgey I enjoy it. Just don't wanna be in pain cause someone doesn't give me enough pain meds Anyone have this experience or hear of anything?

A lot of people get a Dilaudid pain pump. If your pain isn't controlled make sure you let your nurses know. They are there for that. I also had a "medicine ball" which was a catheter of lidocaine placed underneath the top layer of my skin in my stomach and I carried the bottle around. There are many ways to manage your pain along with the narcotics. Try not to worry too much about that part. Good luck!

Because I am having surgery in Mexico, and was told I would be discharged with no pain meds, I am scared to death.

Have spoken with my surgeon about my methadone prescription and my immunity to narcotics. They will have to put me on a high dose of pain meds or I will feel pain....haven't used in six years but clearly I have to have pain meds as my dr feels the same way. He said he will tell my anasteshalogist that I need high doses then normal. Hope that works out..I' date=' not nervous of surgey I enjoy it. Just don't wanna be in pain cause someone doesn't give me enough pain meds Anyone have this experience or hear of anything?[/quote']

Is there a pain management team on staff? Ask your surgeon if you can have a consult with them prior to surgery.

Because I am having surgery in Mexico' date=' and was told I would be discharged with no pain meds, I am scared to death.[/quote']

I had surgery in New York and was discharged with just Tylenol. It was uncomfortable but tolerable.

Because I am having surgery in Mexico' date=' and was told I would be discharged with no pain meds, I am scared to death.[/quote']

No worries thermo2000. Its scary but you will be okay. I was discharged from Mexico hospital with an NSAID, basically advil. I ended up not taking them because i didnt really need them. Good luck with your surgery!!

I did not need ANY pain medication except the first day after surgery, not even a Tylenol.

Good for you, getting your life back on track!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You all have put my mind at ease. I was very scared of the pain with no pain med because of what I heard some others saying.