Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sugar free ice cream?

I found this today at Walmart. I'm wondering if after surgery could I eat it? Has any one post op tried it before? It says sugar free. 0 grams post-208795-13813134931517_thumb.jpg sears mirror.bmp

sugar free does not mean it is free of carbs and other things that contribute to obesity. To succeed with RNY, you need to break old habits of making poor food choices by starting now. No more ice cream.

Stick with your doctor's food plan and you'll have a much better chance of being able to play with your children and watch them grow up. The surgery is the easy part--getting your head on straight about what it takes to lose the weight and keep it off is the hard part and a lifelong job. The sooner you start making new and better habits, the greater your chances of success!

I eat low carb ice cream and no sugar added ice cream. I only have two spoon fulls tho. It has 4 grams of sugar and 13 carbs and I think a gram of Fiber. And I only have it as a special treat. I still don't have over 30 grams of carbs a day. Most docs allow sugar free pudding so what's the difference.

I didn't know they made this. You still have to live I see no problem with treating yourself sometimes. Enjoy it and keep livin! :)

Treating yourself occasionally is one thing, a morbidly obese person eating ice cream pre-op regularly is another. That should be a time to be very focused on learning the new food and lifestyle guidelines, giving up the old habits that caused weight gain, and creating new healthful habits. Once the weight loss is complete and healthy habits are ingrained, then have an occasional treat.

I can't see the image, but from the other posts, I'm guessing its ice cream. Chances are, you probably can stomach it, but you need to think about what your triggers are, and if you will really be able to control yourself. Ice cream is a slider food, just like any other liquid. You have to keep that in mind.

Check out eggface in the Web she had recipes for Protein ice cream. That way you can have a treat but stay on your plan and get Protein at the same time.

I have not tried it yet coz I have to buy an ice cream maker! My new rule of thumb is if it is not high in protein I don't eat it.

HW:293 SW:272 CW:231

I found this today at Walmart. I'm wondering if after surgery could I eat it? Has any one post op tried it before? It says sugar free. 0 grams

post-215048-13813134948814_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813134949018_thumb.gif

Ok there is the pictures. I was just wondering if anyone else post op had eaten it. I am still pre op and just seen this in the store and decided to try it. I know that with surgery it's trial and error. I'm not trying to fall back into old habits and gain weight back. But I was thinking since it was sugar free and not many calories it would be ok.

Check out eggface in the Web she had recipes for Protein ice cream. That way you can have a treat but stay on your plan and get Protein at the same time.

I have not tried it yet coz I have to buy an ice cream maker! My new rule of thumb is if it is not high in protein I don't eat it.

HW:293 SW:272 CW:231

That's good rule. I eat foods higher in protein, also. I can eat so little now - I try to make every bite count. :-)

Ok there is the pictures. I was just wondering if anyone else post op had eaten it. I am still pre op and just seen this in the store and decided to try it. I know that with surgery it's trial and error. I'm not trying to fall back into old habits and gain weight back. But I was thinking since it was sugar free and not many calories it would be ok.

Does it have Protein and/or necessary nutrients? If not it's empty calories. Try to make everything you eat count.

post-214392-13813134949746_thumb.jpg

Ok it only has 1gm of Protein. So it's really not worth it.

Ok it only has 1gm of Protein. So it's really not worth it.