Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days pro op and feeling icky

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery Wednesday morning and everything went well. I came home yesterday and the pain isn't too bad, I just feel generally icky. I'm sorry I didn't post sooner but I tend to keep to myself when I feel like this. I am thirsty and want to drink more than I am allowed. I've always drank a lot so 4 ounces an hour isn't great for me at all. I feel kind of nauseas and I definitely don't want to eat. Everything tastes sickening sweet to me. I tried some Tomato Soup last night and that tasted good but my stomach hurt after because I drank some Water with it so I went over the 4oz. So far today I've had Water and a bariatric Vitamin and that's it. I dont know how you are supposed to eat at these limits. It's not bad, I just feel ickier than I thought I would. Thanks everyone who sent a message to check on me!

Lisa

Hi everyone' date='

I had my surgery Wednesday morning and everything went well. I came home yesterday and the pain isn't too bad, I just feel generally icky. I'm sorry I didn't post sooner but I tend to keep to myself when I feel like this. I am thirsty and want to drink more than I am allowed. I've always drank a lot so 4 ounces an hour isn't great for me at all. I feel kind of nauseas and I definitely don't want to eat. Everything tastes sickening sweet to me. I tried some Tomato Soup last night and that tasted good but my stomach hurt after because I drank some Water with it so I went over the 4oz. So far today I've had Water and a bariatric Vitamin and that's it. I dont know how you are supposed to eat at these limits. It's not bad, I just feel ickier than I thought I would. Thanks everyone who sent a message to check on me!

Lisa[/quote']

Glad your doing ok I was wondering how you were doing

Mz Shay

glad to here all is well Lisa, I normally drink alot too, so these restrictions feel weird to me..I feel like I could definitely chug some down, but have to pace myself...It will get better everyday...hang in there..

Hi everyone,

Lisa

Hi Lisa........... Right after my surgery everything tasted so super sweet. It will be 3 weeks for me and sugar free is not as sweet today. Now at least the Jello and sugar free popsicles taste good. Try some broth or some peppermint herbal tea, that may help. Hope you feel better.

Thanks everyone. I had lots of crystal light lemonade on hand and I can't even stand the sight of it it's so sweet now. I'm just concerned because I am eating so little and don't want to make myself feel even worse.

Hey Lisa! Congrats.

I'm less than 2 wks and I'm amazed at the difference b/w where you are and where I am... so just a little longer! I felt MISERABLE for a few days but it's SO much better now. I am only on full liquids but just to eat cream Soups and smoothies and stuff is so much better. I think the chicken broth is what got me through the Clear Liquids. Just hang in there. Another week (less than that) and you'll feel so much better. Just drink Water and rest for now.

Good Luck. :)

Congratulations on the surgery Ms. Lisa - glad to hear everything went well. Just wanted to add my two cents to what others have said - the first week to ten days post-op sucks but it gets better soon (not soon enough when you're going through it but soon all the same). Eating very little immediately following surgery is pretty much SOP and not likely to have any adverse effects. Do the best you can with Protein and Water and you're gonna love the new you before you know it!!

I sure hope so because I really feel crappy. I have spent 4 hours trying to choke down a Protein Shake and just can't get the rest of it in. My stomach feels like it's going to explode just from that. I was afraid I was in a vicious cirlcle....feel sick, dont eat feel sicker. I'd rather just sit around and sip Water for now if it's not going to hurt me. Choking these Vitamins down now sucks the big wazoo too :(

Hi Lisa! I too had my surgery on Wednesday and I too am struggling. As I mentioned in another post I can't seem to get past feeling full when all I do is sip sip sip. I too am having a very hard time getting in my Water and Protein because of this. Just know you are not alone and we'll get through it.:-) Thank God for all these wonderful people and their reassurance, right?!:-)

absolutely. There is no way I'm getting in the Protein I need right now but I did get in the Water today. That seems to be ok in the short term, my doctor wasn't concerned. And, when I left the hospital they said to concentrate on making sure I had enough fluids. I'm hoping that as I feel better I'll be able to drink the Protein Shakes again. Even the best ones suck so lol I hate them. But I know that I need them.

Awesome! I did better with Water too yesterday. I know what you mean about the shakes.lol I tried a sample pack of Nectar's chocolate truffle and vanilla wafer before surgery and thought they were good so I bought the canister of chocolate, yeah not a fan, just yet.lol.

Lisa I am one week after my surgery. Hang in there. I was told 2oz of liquids every 15 minutes. Try that will help with the thirst issue. Remember be kind to yourself.

I find that I am able to drink more today which is nice. However, although I'm not a bit hungry I have found myself thinking of food all day. Yuck :(

All I have watch are the food channels. We both need to reset our way of thinking. Lol this should be easy right . Heck no!!! Once you get moving it get better. I know have energy I go walking around the malls planning my new wardrobe. Finding new interest is what I feel will free my mind from food. I no I have some demons to face with each pound I lose. One step at a time. Now I tell people when they upset me and we clear the air it has helped me not to reach for that food comfort. Keep up the post and let me know how your journey is going.