Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded yesterday in Maryland. I am a mother of two, 5'3" and weighed 230 lbs. My recent high was 254lbs.

I am really excited about a final resolution of my life-long weight problem!

Everyone tells me that I should follow everything the doctor says.

Are there any lessons that you have learned that you think someone who is just banded needs to know?

thanks.

Goldie

I was banded yesterday in Maryland.

Are there any lessons that you have learned that you think someone who is just banded needs to know?

First off, congratulations and welcome to LBT!!

I by no means am an expert but I will share some little tidbits of info that I have learned:

1) Don't rush yourself into eating real food again. Stick to the liquids and then the mushies like advised. It seems impossible but once you cheat, it's hard to stop.

2) Don't get discouraged if you don't lose in the first 6 weeks, they are for healing and the weight loss will start soon.

3) WALK, WALK, WALK!

4) When you cheat, don't beat yourself up too bad. We all do it and we just have to get ourselves going again.

That is all that is coming to me right now. It is probably things you have already heard but it's always nice to have a reminder now and again. Good luck! If you have any questions, just ask, we are all in this together!

Congratulations on the beginning of your new life, i'm sure you will enjoy the benefits of a healthier life with your two kids in no time!. I'm no wise man to be giving advices but if i can tell you one thing is to don't give up when you're not loosing weight it is allways a matter of time until you get on track again.

Once again congratulations and good luck!

You'll have good days and bad days...but what was impossible to do before is just really hard work now. you can do it.

Rmember that you might feel restricted at first because your stomach is swollen from surgery. then you may or may not feel any restriction at all because your band is unfilled. then the fills may or may not work....It's an art to find your Sweet Spot. But through all of it, strive to live a banded life. Rehearse eating correctly even when you don't feel restricted. Think like a thin person who pushed away from a half filled plate and exclaims "I couldn't eat another bite!" don't kick yourself when you screw up. Each day is a new opportunity and there is a huge learning curve. don't compare your weight loss with anyone else's. We're all different and sometimes we aren't filled and sometimes overfilled. And work on patience. Remember you only want to average 1-2 pounds loss a week or your body will go into starvation mode and you won't lose (and your skin won't catch up!) It is a marathon, not a sprint.

How do I get a ticker for my messages?

Any suggestions on a good position to sleep in, because I am finding it VERY uncomfortable to sleep lying down after he surgery?

Welcome to LBT! COngratulations on your band. I hope to be there soon! Loads of helpful information and friendly people here too!

Congrats on your recent band. I was banded in MD also last Friday. I am feeling pretty good still a little sore. I tend to sleep with a pillow under me on my side and its seems pretty comfortable. I am a nurse I will say follow the rules your doctor gave at least for 2 weeks -6weeks because it is really important to heal properly. How is your appetite? Again congrats and keep in touch

Preop wt: 218

Day of surgery: 209

Today: Who's knows I am still trying heal so I skip the the scale :-)