Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mine is July 10. On day 4 of Optifast. Doing ok so far. Did not get to say goodbye to any favourite foods as I got a cancellation and had to start liquid diet as soon as I heard. Probably a good thing :-)

Are you doing pre op diet?

My surgeon put me on Optifast for the 2 weeks before surgery, but for some crazy reason I thought it would be a good idea to do an extra 4-weeks on top of that! It didn't last... But after a bit of on-again, off-again, now I'm back on for the 3-weeks pre-op. I would think not getting to say goodbye to any favourite foods may have been a good thing--especially since you got a cancellation and got to go in earlier! :)

July 30th... good luck, your almost there

My "surgical intervention" is scheduled for July 16. On July 4, I plan to eat a 20 ounce T-bone steak cooked bloody rare from my grill. On July 5, I plan to start my pre-op diet. I have purchased the Vitamins, food scale, a little Protein Powder. I will send hubby to the store as needed because I'm not sure of what my "tastes" will be and I dont want to waste money on stuff I might throw back up!

My "surgical intervention" is scheduled for July 16. On July 4' date=' I plan to eat a 20 ounce T-bone steak cooked bloody rare from my grill. On July 5, I plan to start my pre-op diet. I have purchased the Vitamins, food scale, a little Protein powder. I will send hubby to the store as needed because I'm not sure of what my "tastes" will be and I dont want to waste money on stuff I might throw back up![/quote']

Yea im going to eat real good 7/4 nit to much but I will be full lol

Mzshay35 RNYTalk

My surgery is July 29th. What are some things you all are eating for your pre op diets?

My surgery is July 29th. What are some things you all are eating for your pre op diets?

Mine is 7day liquid any diet soda,jello,broth,crystal light,coffee,tea

Mzshay35 RNYTalk

4 Optifast liquid shakes a day for 16 days. Plus lots of Water ;-). 7 days done so far. Unlike most people it seems, I like the shakes so I am doing ok with it. I mix with about double the recommended amount of Water and lots of ice.

Protein shake in the morning, healthy choice twice a day and a Protein Shake at night. Glad its not a liquid diet. I was a little worried about keeping that up for 10 days...

I have my pre op appointment in about two weeks and I know I have to do about two meal replacement shakes... Any recommendations?

I like Boost (you can get Boost Diabetic for lower carbs/sugar), and I like the Atkins pre-made shakes. I also like Designer whey if you get a powder. I'd recommend getting a small amount at first, so you can see how you like it. Optifast tastes gross and costs a fortune, but that's what my doc prescribed so I have no choice.