Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know Kailie. I agree with you! You girls have given me so much hope! I'm on Day 3 of "eating better." Haven't had soda or candy, chocolate, very little bread, no Pasta. I went to The Vitamin Shoppe a few days ago because I know GBS pushes for Protein and more protein. I bought Designer whey in vanilla. It's actually pretty good! If you guys are struggling with protein (I do) and as long as your nutritionist okays it (I haven't met with one yet but know I need to start losing weight now) I definitely recommend it. It's around $15 for a can. Yesterday I mixed 16oz of milk with 1 scoop and added 2 ice cubes. Tastes very similar to a liquefied vanilla milkshake. I've never been a Breakfast person so I struggle with eating the right things early in the morning. The last 2 days I've had it and I make it to lunch without feeling like I'm starving. It's 18g of protein. KD you asked about My Fitness Pal - I think that is what is keeping me motivated as well. When you sign up, you input your weight/height/all your info and it tracks everything you eat. I love it because I don't have to read packages anymore. If I want to have something (within reason of course) I scan the barcode, it calculates everything for me (down to Calcium and Iron intake!) and deducts my calories. I have about 2200 calories that it set me at. If I exercise, it gives me credit for my calories burned. When you are finished for the day, you hit "finish this entry" and this amazing little note pops up and says "If every day were like today you would weigh ____ lbs in 5 weeks." The first day I did it, it told me I would be able to lose approximately 17 pounds in five weeks. Personally, I think it's really motivational. 17 pounds for a heavy person means not ever having to wear size 26 jeans again. 17 pounds for a heavy person means you can be one step closer to a healthy liver for a healthy and successful surgery. It's a free app too!!!!!

Haha Kailie your welcome you are helping me to!! Also I downloaded the app last night it's giving me 2800... Isn't that a lot? I put I don't exercise just walk and my Height and weight I feel like 2800 is so much and It says I'll loose 5lbs. I guess it's because I'm not trying to loose a ton yet until I know what my nutritionist wants. Also the chocolate shakes are good and I use to freeze milk in ice trays and blend them in a blender as a shake! But that was a few years ago.

Good luck! I went to the seminar in December and had to go through 3 months of physician assisted dieting. I finished my classes in the beginning of April and knew two weeks later that I was approved.

KD - I think that is normal. It is all based on your weight. But, definitely let your nutritionist know and see what they have to say. I was a little surprised I was getting that much as well but it adds up quick!

May83Gem - When are you having the surgery??

So jealous! Have you lost any weight before the surgery? I started about a week ago and I'm already down 8 pounds!!!

Careful with the dieting... If you loose too much weight before your initial drs appt they may tell you because your loosing weight with no assistance you don't need the surgery

Mine is around a 53. I was just thinking that about 5 minutes ago before I logged in. It's funny that you said that because I was going to ask that question. It has only been a week. I cut out soda about 95% (I had a Diet Pepsi yesterday) and I've been concentrating on walking but I just feel SO DEFEATED every time I try to lose weight or even get healthy for that matter. It brings me to tears to be honest. Which is one of the reasons I want to do RNY to begin with. I just have SO MUCH to lose and it's hard to even exercise. I get frustrated easily and all I want to do is give up!

P.S. I say this because I stepped on the scale today and was the same weight I was 2 weeks ago - before I started trying to eat better and at least walk every day.

I have also cut out sodas 100% but I feel like I'm snacking more so I doubt I have lost anything. And yes my surgeon told me not to loose to much or they will consider not doing the surgery. I get the same way that's why I'm so excited to be able to have surgery and actually see results.

My 6 month pre-op doesn't consist of any weight loss. Each month I'm given new "objectives" to start adjusting to. I'm only on my first month but I can't drink thirty minutes before or after meals, no straws and I have to chew each bite 30 times, which honestly, is impossible. Next month I think I have to start no caffeine but I'm not sure. Have to check my chart. Luckily I don't have to focus on weight loss immediately but I'm sure that's coming.

My 6 month pre-op doesn't consist of any weight loss. Each month I'm given new "objectives" to start adjusting to. I'm only on my first month but I can't drink thirty minutes before or after meals' date=' no straws and I have to chew each bite 30 times, which honestly, is impossible. Next month I think I have to start no caffeine but I'm not sure. Have to check my chart. Luckily I don't have to focus on weight loss immediately but I'm sure that's coming.[/quote']

Okay, that's actually a brilliant use of the 6 month pre-op. I am absolutely impressed!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 217.2