Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! pro-op weight loss

I.ve done all the classes, appointments and eval but can't lose the weight. how did others lose the weight? I did lose 12 lbs. but put it back on. I'm sure it was because I got scared about the surgery. trying to wrap my head around it now. Now I need to lose 24 lbs and want to lose it as quickly as possible. Any advice?

I.ve done all the classes' date=' appointments and eval but can't lose the weight. how did others lose the weight? I did lose 12 lbs. but put it back on. I'm sure it was because I got scared about the surgery. trying to wrap my head around it now. Now I need to lose 24 lbs and want to lose it as quickly as possible. Any advice?[/quote']

Yeah I replaced all my drinks except for Water with mio and crystal light I also do Portion Control its hard at first while I was taking my classes I did lose 30 pounds in like 4 months

I dieted like I had already had the surgery. I lost 30lbs. I used the elliptical machine for a hour and a half every other day. I had a lot of problems with eating. I tell ppl I suffered from last supper syndrome and I'm not kidding I did and it was bad. I cut out sodas and switched to Water. I would drink one whole glass of water prior to eating and then I would eat. I also wouldn't allow myself to eat past 8pm unless I became hypoglycemic then I'd do a glucerna drink. I never had problems getting the will power to lose my dang problem was keeping the weight off. It was a constant battle. If need to you can pm me and I can tell you how I eat and see if maybe that will help you reason I'm offering that is bc my bf went from 230 I. May last year to 192 now bc he allowed me to do his portions and cook. We hardly eat out. I wish u luck I know how frustrating this can be.

Thanks for the advice. I feel that I'm sabatoging myself because of the fear of the surgery.

I logged all my meals on my loose it app. No more soda just Water. And started eating low carb high Protein foods like I had surgery all ready :-) and just walked every other day... Parked far away any where I went. Still do :-) I did have days I fell off the wagon but the next day is a new day. I messed up now move on an keep going. If you need to maybe start seeing a therapist. A lot of the journey is head work :-) maybe your bariatric doctor can suggest someone to talk to.

i just started on my pre surg appt, too. i have 2 weeks before surgery. my dr. has me on a Protein Shake diet with a snack in between Breakfast and lunch. my limit for the meals are 8oz only. the Snacks can consist of Jello (yuck), broth, clear juice, sugar free popsicles,& v8-splash, i have to say it is killing me, especially cooking for the family and not picking something up to eat. i am required to do at least 15 minutes of exercise a day. i also am anxious to start this journey and while waiting on insurance approval, put 5 # on in about 2 weeks, knowing i was doing so. i am forcing myself to follow the dr. orders, though, and imagining after a few days (praying actually) my body and MIND will become used to this new regimen. all i can say is the next 2 weeks can't go fast enough. i think you have to have enough confidence that the decision you made to have this surgery is the best one for you and your family. remembering the reasons to get the surgery and enforcing those memories in your weak moments should make it a little easier to watch what you are eating, control how much you eat, and begin playing with your children for at least a little bit, each day. these are things you're going to HAVE to do after the surgery for it to be successful, so might as well get started and get used to your new lifestyle now. good LUCK! :rolleyes: