Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

These started in 2012 and good LORD do they hurt. They come out of no where nearly knock me to the ground. I've had several EGD's and meeting with a new GB next week. I've did the hyoscamine and even valium nothings works. If any of y'all have had this suggest to me what to do at the dr. I've researched a lot on the mayo Clinic and know there's two types and its associated with GERD. I fear I will have to undergo yet ANOTHER surgery. I hope one of all can help.

Me too! I had this surgery, as they said this would stop spasms. I have had more spasms after the surgery was completed. My last appointment, my surgeon said we have no more acid so it should not be spasming. They prescribed me medication to lower blood pressure ( my blood pressure is low already) and nitro to take when I have a attack. So, I hAd an attack the other day, took a nitro and the pain was gone in a minute! Needless to say, I have an appt with the cardiologist next week.

I read that about the nitro and channel blockers. I am very hypotensive so bad in fact I've watched nurses turn white OR come rushing in to wake me to ask if I'm ok lol. My pulse stays low also. I think I figured out the trigger and its stress. Honestly I'd take a broke leg over this anyday bc of the severity of the pain. Let me know what ur doc says.

I read that about the nitro and channel blockers. I am very hypotensive so bad in fact I've watched nurses turn white OR come rushing in to wake me to ask if I'm ok lol. My pulse stays low also. I think I figured out the trigger and its stress. Honestly I'd take a broke leg over this anyday bc of the severity of the pain. Let me know what ur doc says.

Can you do just the nitro? It really worked fast for me.

I'm going to ask bc its worth a shot all I can get is a headache ya know

I had every test on my heart imaginable. My surgeon says spasms should decrease due to no acid reflux. He also said angina may be the cause. I will know next week

Oh Lord. I hope its something mild for u and for me oh goodness. Please let me know how ur doing sounds like we r n the same boat.

Ohh wow. I thought I was the only one that had the spasms. Everyone else kept Getting structures, but I got spasms. I had to do a combo of 3 meds and 3 hospitalization for dehydration. Drinking Water is still challenging but much much better as you get further out.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Ohh wow. I thought I was the only one that had the spasms. Everyone else kept Getting structures' date=' but I got spasms. I had to do a combo of 3 meds and 3 hospitalization for dehydration. Drinking Water is still challenging but much much better as you get further out.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Are you still getting the spams? How far out are you?

I'm 9 months out. I couldn't not eat or drink for 1st 3 months. It got better by month 4. I'm 9 months out and just getting a good amount of Water in, but I hiccup a lot after or a loud rolling burp. I took the hycomine meds, Prilosec and another type of liquid medicine. At first I couldn't drink more than 4oz a day!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I'm terrified of another hospitlization. I've been drinking yogurt smoothies with 10g p per bottle to keep me going but really it hurts like hell. I never thought I'd dread setting down to eat. I've been awake two hours and the pain is creeping in. This is starting to become unbearable. Daily agonizing pain like this is horrible seriously like I've said before I understand why suicide is so high with post op gb patients. I hope we all can get rid of this and move on with the life we dreamed of having. Lots of love to yall.