Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I really need some help...since my surgery in August I am down 89 pounds. But for the past two months I have teetered in between 240 and 233 and I can't seem to break free from this area. I know they say after six months the weight loss really slows down...so that has me a bit frazzled as well because my first three months were spent in extreme pain. So I wasn't able to really do the physical part right away. So now I'm really hitting the gym but with very little results. My other problem is I didn't get dumping syndrome at all I do get uncomfortable when I eat to fast but thats about it. I was sorta looking forward to the extra food controller I guess. So I think maybe some of the things I'm eating aren't great. But it seems as if i eat the same things over and over trying to get Protein in. I still check and watch the sugar content but that knowledge of knowing that its not going to make me sick is there. So i do know i definitely need to find better protein sources. So if any one has hit a plateau at this stage and can offer anything I would be extremely grateful?

I can't give you too much advice being that I am only 4 weeks post op except don't give up! Have you tried using MyFitnessPal to track what you are eating? Maybe something has hidden calories or fat in it? I know this week when I was shopping I found myself only looking at Protein content and picked up a couple of things that definitely aren't low sugar or fat.

You have done great so far! Keep your head up!

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 297.5 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I can't give you too much advice being that I am only 4 weeks post op except don't give up! Have you tried using MyFitnessPal to track what you are eating? Maybe something has hidden calories or fat in it? I know this week when I was shopping I found myself only looking at Protein content and picked up a couple of things that definitely aren't low sugar or fat.

You have done great so far! Keep your head up!

HW 344' date=' DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 297.5 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk[/quote']

Well first I will congratulate you on your weight lose you are doing amazing!!! And thank you for your encouragement!!! As for MyFitnessPal I just recently downloaded that app and right now it's telling me I'm not eating enough calories for successful weight loss. Because it adds in your activity as well.

I am stalling a lot now with exercise. I think replacing fat with muscle is the problem. Its a good problem to have. We will lose more. Dont worry

I didn't think of that...so yeah I guess that is a good problem to have!!! Any thoughts on the food part?

On your first couple of stalls try adding more Protein and/or removing cheese or dairy for a week. Also make sure you are taking vitamins- that can cause slow weight loss too.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Thanks...I take my prenatal Vitamins everyday. I'll try the no dairy thing for a week and try and get in more Protein.< /p>

My dr said just look at your Protein on my Fittness pal because it isn't set for Bariatric diet and according to it we are starving ourselves to death so just use it to track your fluids and protein and exercise. I also use food notes to to add my own notes as to anything going on with me or how I feel

Keep in mind that working out is burning fat but also building muscle. You may be losing pounds of fat but gaining pounds of muscle at the same time. And congrats on all the weight loss!

My dr said just look at your Protein on my Fittness pal because it isn't set for Bariatric diet and according to it we are starving ourselves to death so just use it to track your fluids and Protein and exercise. I also use food notes to to add my own notes as to anything going on with me or how I feel

Okay...because I was like I can't eat anymore!!! But it was recommended to help me keep a food log. So I guess I will us it to track just those specific things. Thanks!!!

Keep in mind that working out is burning fat but also building muscle. You may be losing pounds of fat but gaining pounds of muscle at the same time. And congrats on all the weight loss!

First off thanks!!! But yes that was something I didn't consider at all I was simply going by what the scale reads. Think I'm going to get some measuring tape and actually see what my measurements are and see how they vary from week to week as well.

My soc said during the times of stalls on the scale is when we lose the most inches. I found him to be completely right on that.

When I hit long periods of stalls I always increased my Protein intake and it usually will snap the stall. Try not to get to hung up on the scale numbers. Muscle does weigh more than fat and this is a marathon not a sprint for weight loss!

What is a soc?

Should have been Doc not soc

I am right there with you in the stall!! I am 8 mos post op and stuck at 292!! I also have just started working out and making myself stay on a schedule for it. I started at 417 and am down to 292 so I guess I am not doing so bad. I just wanted you to know you are not alone in the stall and hopefully we can get past it soon. It does make you think you are doing something you should not be or could be doing better but just take the best care of yourself you can and it will be fine!! Also check out this app called fooducate I just discovered it and it is awesome! You can scan the barcode of a food and it will tell you all about it and can add it to a food log if you choose it to!! Good luck!