Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I am new here and scared shitless. I did so well for so long, even when my eating became more or less normal. I didn't go back to binging, but I wasn't sticking to the plan. I have slowly been allowing my weight to creep up. I didn't worry I guess because I still felt good, my clothes felt good, I felt sexy, I am active.....but now my size 10 jeans are tight, I really see the weight in my pictures, and I FEEL like that fat girl is trying to reemerge. I am trying desperately to get back on a plan, shrink my pouch, Protein first, no sugar......but I am spiraling out of control. I can't be that girl again, I don't want to live at all if it has to be fat.

I guess I just needed to say it. No one else in my family is heavy or ever has been. No one understands what it feels like to be addicted to food.< /p>

I know that had to be hard for you to say! I am having the surgery in 2 weeks and am on my pre-op diet. We are addicts, just like alcoholics and drug addicts. The only difference is that every where we turn the temptation is there for us. I am finding it very difficult. I know there are things I shouldn't eat but I want them nonetheless. You have made it 8 years, which is remarkable. You can do this, you are a fighter, that is what got you this far. Don't give up. Every day is a new day with endless possibilities. We are all here for each other, this board will help you alot, it has helped me.

Hi, I am new here and scared shitless. I did so well for so long, even when my eating became more or less normal. I didn't go back to binging, but I wasn't sticking to the plan. I have slowly been allowing my weight to creep up. I didn't worry I guess because I still felt good, my clothes felt good, I felt sexy, I am active.....but now my size 10 jeans are tight, I really see the weight in my pictures, and I FEEL like that fat girl is trying to reemerge. I am trying desperately to get back on a plan, shrink my pouch, Protein first, no sugar......but I am spiraling out of control. I can't be that girl again, I don't want to live at all if it has to be fat.

I guess I just needed to say it. No one else in my family is heavy or ever has been. No one understands what it feels like to be addicted to food.

Well you came to the right place for motivation but ultimatley it's up to you. You can do this. You have done this and you just need to get back to doing it. You are strong. You just have to not give up is all. You know what you are suppose to do you just can't be lax on it anymore. That's all that started to happen. You became lax, got confident and comfortable and it slowly started to come back. I have been there and done that so I know how it feels. I was on a liquid diet years before I had surgery and lost 130 pounds and gained it all back and more to where I was almost 400 pounds from 188 pounds. It's really easy to do let me tell ya but you can fight it and go back to where you were before. You need to get back to where food is fuel and not for comfort or enjoyment. You can have some of those foods but in moderation. And you know what maybe you can't. I am finding that if I let myself have some of my tirgger foods it leads to overeating on them so I need to stay farrrr away from them. You might be like that too. You will get there but don't make excuses. That will jsut keep you down the wrong path. Exercise at least 3 times a week for a half an hour and that alone starts making you feel better. Give it a couple of weeks or a month if you aren't already working out consistantly. YOU CAN DO THIS. ONLY YOU CAN CHANGE IT AROUND AND YOU CAN AND YOU WILL!

Welcome! It sounds like you are me in the fact you feel out of control. What has changed in your life to bring these feelings back? I know when I want to shove sugar in, it is an emotional response. You know don't do it but your brain overrides you. Yes, we are junkies and with that junkies need help along the way, even 8 years out.

:-)You are not a failure. You are remarkable to have made it this far!! If you work, check with your HR person to see if the have an employee assistance program. Most do and it has free counseling. Or call your doctor or nutritionist for a support group in your area. You can do this!