Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let Me Introduce Myself!!

:D Hi everyone just joined this Band site today. I am also a member on Dr. Cobourn's Message Board, Canadian Lapbanders and a few more including Obesityhelp.com . I live in Brampton, Ontario and was banded last April 18th 2006, by the great Dr. Cobourn:clap2:. (Gotta love him!) Day of surgery I weighed 251 lbs and today weigh 182.4 lbs. My goal is 125 and I WILL REACH IT!! Previously I had VBG wls (stomach stapling) back in 1987 when I was 26. It was successful for a few yrs. going from 260 day of surgery down to 113 lbs.:) But over time the staples separate and the stomach stretches back out (that's why it's no longer mostly done and has been improved to a RNY.) By last year I was back to being in the 250's and feeling like jumbo failure.:think That is why I am so thrilled I feel I am being given a second chance and am determined to succeed and continue to when I am at goal for the rest of my life!!

Thanks for listening and look forward to following your journey's.

Donna

Hi Donna,Congrats on how well you've done with your band,how have you found the first almost year with it compared to the staples? Oh and don't feel like a failure,stuff happens and it sounds like the band is better suited to you anyhow.:clap2:

Hello Donna,:welcome: welcome to this site as i am sure you have noticed there are a lot of Dr. Cobourn, and Dr. Mumford patients here. Nice to hear of your succussful journey, and looking forward to hearing more from you. Ther are a few of us on the Dr. Cobourn site as well. :D

Maria :)

Hi Astrotoes and Irishmist, thanks both for your warm welcome. I am not real computer savvy and am finding it hard understanding how these threads work. I wanted to reply to each of you individually but I don't know how or what I click on to have it show on this thread ...so bare with me.:rolleyes As I tell the ladies in Dr. C.'s chatroom (I usually go on it at times between 7 - 11 pm) it took me 4!! months and till my 4th fill in August/06 to feel good restriction. Before that I was only losing weight (mostly) from dieting:omg: . I knew the darn band was in me and certainly knew it when i didn't chew food enough!! But I was FRUSTRATED that most of the other newbies I was meeting at his office were obtaining restriction it seemed quicker. With the previous surgery (VBG) 20 yrs earlier it is much more drastic and invasive surgery. But I hung in always read the band boards to educate myself about everything you could ever want to know about bands (and some things I didn't!!) and Dr. Cobourn was always so upbeat and positive at my fills.:clap2:

Then on August 10th with a fill total now of 7.2cc in the larger VG band :biggrin1: it was like a miracle. No wait I lie...it took two days after that when the fill just kicked in and all of a sudden I wasn't obsessing about food like usual and was able to feel satisfied with much smaller food portions. That feeling of hitting my sweet spot lasted till Nov. 6, when a few days earlier I started feeling hungrier again and my weight plateaued for a couple weeks. Off I was for another fix!! (fill!) And with 2 more tweaks since then I'm continuing slow and steady weight loss every week.:)

Donna

Welcome aboard the bandland Donna. Great to hear your personal experiences. You must be a patient woman and have a lot of faith to keep on trying to get your weight right. Good on you. Keep in touch - the more the merrier I say.:)

:D Priscilla thanks but as my husband will attest patience is not one of my many virtues!! :Banane57: Yasmina congrats on being newly banded...hold on your in for one heck of a ride!!:Banane20: Argon wow you are doing phenomenal:clap2: you must be almost a skinny minnie now...continued success!:)

Donna

Donna,

Welcome, and great job, you will make it having a supportive surgeon you like helps a ton over time. Keep posting.

Hey Donna welcome aboard! I am new to the banding world but I have found this site to be very helpful, and supportive. I am sure that you will be able to reach your goal and I know everyone here can help you when you need. :)

Thanks Heather and Dame J for your well wishes...you can never have too much support I'm sure you'd both agree.:)

Donna

Banded By Dr. Cobourn

April 18th/06:notagree