Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Girl Scout Cookies

I bought 5 boxes---so far!!! I bought and kept one of the new brownies...sugar free or fat free---something---they lasted about 2 days!! DH helped tho! The other 4 I did a "Troops for Troops" buy. They gave me a marker, let us write a message on the box, then they are going to our local "Blue Ribbon Mothers" (I think this is what they are called). It is an organization of Moms with children in the service. These Cookies, will be sent to a troop in either Iraq or Afghanistan. They allowed us to put any message we wanted on the box, and they took our name and address so the troop would know they come from the townspeople. I figured they needed them much more than I do!!!

I remember coaching my DD in what the money went to, and how much stayed for her local troop. It was helpful in teaching her to speak up and talk to "strangers" in a setting in which I was present, but she was in charge.

Now I can honestly tell all those sweet little faces, that I already bought cookies!!

******deep, deep sigh....Thin Mints******

Kat

.....I used to by around 15! But the prices have gone up to $4.00 so my orders have dropped. ...

God! Did they ever!! But I think the quanity has gotten smaller too,,,,didn't they used to put more in the boxes??

So many things come in smaller packages now. I think that each cookie is smaller which might be a good thing. And each council sets the price per box. They are still $3.50 a box here. CLB

Ours are $3 apiece. I've really behaved myself with them. I received them Sunday and today I finished the first box I started. I think that's shown great restraint!!!

There was only 15 Cookies in the box.

Oh yeah, my niece showed up too. I just went to pick my stash up the other day and was informed that she would be selling more at a local store fron and that I would be buying more there as well.

What can I do? I love 'em.

My nieces I mean... and the Cookies too. ;-)

I'm not going to lie. At this moment, I have a box of Samoas laying on my desk at work. Bought 5 boxes and was harassing my coworker as to when my Cookies were coming. Told her next year I'm going with another supplier, like it's dope or something.

I'm in it for the long run when it comes to my weight management and do feel that sometimes I can indulge. Now, believe me when I say I won't be taking all of these boxes home and I'm sure I'm going to give some away, but ohhhh my, I just love me some Somoas.

What can I say Watermelon, when you're right, you're right----a little indulgence isn't gonna kill us....so go ahead and have "Samoa"!!!

Sorry---I tried not to make that joke---I just couldn't resist!!!!

Kat

I admit I ordered some! They haven't arrived yet. I may keep the low-fat ones for myself, but I work in a school, so I usually leave them in the teacher's lounge for co-workers or give them to my students during groups, etc

PS-I didn't realize the prices were different! I paid $4 a box! Darn California prices!

i bought several this year too. i've been doing surprizingly well! i have a sleeve of the shortbread in the pantry and they never lasted more than a day before. I have them at work and everytime my coworker across the aisle starts to have a thermal breakdown i fling a sleeve at her. its nice to see someone else (skinny) eat them and not me.

Hehe, Sonia...that's funny. I'm thinking I need to share some of mine with others as well. I noticed last night that I've got quite a collection of junk food in the house right now. In fact, I overindulged a bit last night...but not on the Cookies.< /p>

It's was Dreyer's ice cream Dibs. Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY THESE. They are irresistable.