Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 Bandsters Unite!

Hi Yoda: I always tell my husband he must of married me for love because I certainly can't cook. That is why I was eating baby food and it tasted good to me. When I read the baked Beans I immediately went and made some for lunch. Oh sooooooooooooooo good. Thanks.

The Beans do sound pretty good. I will have to try it this weekend when I start my mushies. Maybe I will add in some Black Beans. :hungry:

Hi Yoda: I always tell my husband he must of married me for love because I certainly can't cook. That is why I was eating baby food and it tasted good to me. When I read the baked Beans I immediately went and made some for lunch. Oh sooooooooooooooo good. Thanks.

That's why I married a chef!!!!

I also forgot to mention....the refried Beans (you know...the ones that come in a can) actually are much yummier with the sour cream/salsa than the regular baked beans! They are also "mushier" so you don't need to mush them up anymore as you would with the baked beans.

Adding black beans (any bean really) is a good idea.

Also...on that note....for mushies....you can have chili....just blend it a little bit (or mash with a fork).....

hi Dame J. Try some Lentil Soup pureed. Also, 1/2 banana and a 1/2 cup of skim milk pureed makes a pretty good drink and gives you the fruit in your diet. As I said I am not much of a cook so these ideas came from others. Doddie

Its been a long month of waiting....but my day has finally come....tomorrow morning that is! This site has been such a great find....for support and info.....real life day to day situations ....knowing you aren't alone in it even if many around you might not know you are having surgery. I have a calm excitement for myself heading into tomorrow...and the rest of my life! Thanks all..........

wow... the time is drawing near....I'm 5 days away. I'm going shopping today for my post op list. For the 1st two days after surgery I can have liquids only:

I have to avoid

• juice (high sugar)
  • soda
  • diet soda or anything carbonated. it's really not good for your body.

Day 3 after surgery and after fill adjustments I can have soft foods in 1/2 cup meals

I go back three week from surgery to get my 1st fill/adjustment and he said leading right up to that my appetite will return to almost normal.. this is where the greatness of the adjustable band comes in. If I get flu tummy sick and start throwing up they will get me in to take all fo the Fluid out of the band. When I'm better, they put it back in. Same thing if you get pregnant. There is no malapsorption with this procedure. I am very excited. I'm sure I'll be a wreck monday night and tuesday a.m.

All the best for tomorrow Bluegem, you seem to have a nice calm outlook for going into surgery tomorrow. We will see you on the banded side of life. :)

Maria :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad I found this thread. I was banded on Feb 23/07 by Dr. Amson in Victoria, BC. My surgery was fairly uneventful. I stayed in the hospital for one night. I am not having any pain to speak of. I do have a bit of bruising around my port but my incisions are pretty much healed now.

I'm in my third week of liquids and mushies and am doing not too badly. I still get hungry but it doesn't bother me as much now. I am looking forward to regular food though! I am seeing Dr. A. next week and hoping that we can discuss when I can get my first fill. I lost 10 lbs in the first two weeks, but nothing since. I know they say that this is a time for healing but I'm getting impatient! I am logging my food intake on fitday.com.

Thanks to all those who post their experiences. I'm learning lots. :)

Erin

weight.png

Well I am on full solids now and the swelling has gone down inside. I am now able to eat anything and everything. Just have to remember to chew, chew, chew. However, the downside is I am not loosing weight. I was supposed to have myfirst fill March 20, but have to wait until April 24 due to financial restrains (have to fly to the clinic). Another factor is I haven't beein exercising due to an injury to my leg. Just a heads up to everyone who is nearing the solids stage. It is very easy to regress back to old habits. Doddie

Yes I know what you mean Doddie. The weight is not falling off the way it was. Can't wait for the fill I am making the appointment today!

I am still not eating a lot and I am still eating better than I used to but I it still feels like I can keep on eating. I have been curbing that because I don't want to get into old habits but I hope the fill will help.