Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doing a 5K..whaaaat?

I just registered for my first ever 5K!! I've always wanted to do one and feel like this is the perfect time to do it.

It's not until April so I've got a few months to go, but this is exciting for me. I've never been a runner, but feel confident I can do this!

Has anyone else ever done one?

I have. I ran one last Oct before my 2nd surgury. Using 'C25K' app to train up again. On week 4 now. In early 90's when i was in HS i ran 1/2 & full marathons.

One tip i have is to not do all your running in doors. The streets are alot diff! Hills, curbs, wind, etc. try to mix indoors with outside so its not such a shock cause outside is a bit tougher.

I just registered for my first ever 5K!! I've always wanted to do one and feel like this is the perfect time to do it.

It's not until April so I've got a few months to go' date=' but this is exciting for me. I've never been a runner, but feel confident I can do this!

Has anyone else ever done one?[/quote']

This is one of my goals! Good luck!!! I'm only a wk post op but I will join u one day : )

I have a few under my belt. Its a personal best thing. Also when you get caught up in the moment you don't even realize that you're actually doing a race. Take your time soak it all in then wear that new 5k tee shirt with pride.

It's not until April so I've got a few months to go' date=' but this is exciting for me. I've never been a runner, but feel confident I can do this!

Has anyone else ever done one?[/quote']

That's awesome! It's my goal to run a 5k this year. I just downloaded an app called Couch to 5k. The training starts with running 1 minute, walking 1 1/2 minute for 15 minutes... I know I can do that! It really starts with no running background. I'm starting it tomorrow. Good Luck!! You are inspiring me to go ahead and sign up for one.

I started c25k 2 weeks ago its a good workout not really doing it to run a 5k but for the work out maybe it will lead me to run a 5k

Jogged 15 minutes today, walked 10... On my way to a 5K

Jogged 15 minutes today' date=' walked 10... On my way to a 5K

[/quote']

Way to go! You're beating me, I only walk (brisk) for 30 mins... No jogging yet. Congrats!

I was surprised that I could do it. I was going to do the 1 min walk, 1 1/2 min run, but ended up just running...slowly, but running for the entire 15 minutes.

I'm going to do one in July. I've NEVER been a runner, even when I was thin & in shape. Yikes...

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

March 1 I will be signing up for The ColorRun 5K in Charlotte. You wear a white shirt & every K, they shoot color on you so that you' re a rainbow mess by the end. They do these all over the US, ours isn't until October but really looking forward to having fun with it.

March 1 I will be signing up for The ColorRun 5K in Charlotte. You wear a white shirt & every K' date=' they shoot color on you so that you' re a rainbow mess by the end. They do these all over the US, ours isn't until October but really looking forward to having fun with it.[/quote']

I'm going to do this in Boston!

DOS 12/17/12 :)

March 1 I will be signing up for The ColorRun 5K in Charlotte. You wear a white shirt & every K' date=' they shoot color on you so that you' re a rainbow mess by the end. They do these all over the US, ours isn't until October but really looking forward to having fun with it.[/quote']

That's the one I'm doing, too! April in Rochester, NY. I've even convinced my husband And so e friends to do it with me. I'm excited to see so many people on here also signing up for 5K's. so empowering.