Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHAT IS GOING ON WITh ME?

Yes, your esophagus SHOULD be pushing food down and through, just like it's supposed to do in everyone. The small stomach pouch, above the band but below the esophagus, is where the food is supposed to sit and keep us feeling full. There's a valve at the base of the esophagus that is supposed to keep food from rising back up, and that valve may be made dysfunctional over time if this process continues. If your band is too high, the pouch may be too small or absent altogether, which means your eslphagus is being used as a pouch no matter how careful you are being.

reading this again..

I am almost certain this is what has happened to me..

sounds PERFECT for my case..

BUT.. ONLY a BAND expert could REALLY tell if its so much higher than its suppose to be.. and I dont have access to that right now.

and I dont really mind it... I am used to it, and it IS THE ONE AND ONLY THING THAT KEEPS ME AT THIS WEIGHT>>

I DONT MIND SUFFERING.. if it is FORCED on me.. and there is nothing I can do about it.. that is how this is.. it may BE horrible in a way, BUT I REALLY dont care, its the ONLY thing that has helped me.,. soooooooooo be it.,

I really appreciate you alex.. I always will remember you.

And here are my new pics incase people read THIS THREAD but dont look at the pic update thread:

momnewlookgm1.jpg

momshim009sb7.jpg

and my old pic.

mombeforecarvj6.jpg

I so hear you sweetheart, because this is me exactly. I have the same issues as you, and have ever since I got the band. I slime or PB or whatever you want to call it every single time. And, if I don't, I have to make myself, because the food simply will not go down. I was at a standstill for 2 months, never lost a pound. Last week, I was able to drop 11 pounds. I have no doubt that my caloric intake is pathetic and next to nil, after my body digests what little is left over. I am not a sweets person, and am lactose intolerant, so never have a desire to reach for ice cream treats. It doesn't matter what I eat, mushy, liquid, solid, it comes up. There is no excessive force, and I am NOT vomitting. As quickly as I swallow, I immediately have to bring it right back up. I have wondered for months if this is right, but it doesn't matter if I get filled or unfilled. The situation does not change. The only reason that I get a fill is to see if my weight will change. I know that I am not eating many calories, but yet when the weight does not come off, you immediately wonder why not. This whole process is frustrating, and I can hear your frustration. I am right there with you. I don't know what the answer is, and wish that I did, because I could benefit from knowing myself. My doctor that did my surgery called me the next day to make sure I was fine, and I have never spoke to him again. (I had surgery in June/07). I see a lady 200km's away for my fills, and she could care less about how I am doing. Pay the money, lay down, get a fill, and get out. There is no aftercare, no fluoroscopy, nothing. I don't have to get a requisition for a fill, just call my lady and book in, usually the same day. No questions asked. I am at 8.6ml's in a VG Band (holds 10ml's if I am not mistaken.):confused2:

Yes that does sound exactly like what my banded life is like..

It is refreshing to hear that someone else has the same issues.. I felt so alone for so long, like no one understood what I was talking about..

I dont think it would do the same thing if I got an unfill, but I went like almost a year with NO restriction and the band NOT working for me to LOSE WEIGHT.. so I just cant bring my self to getting an unfill.. I may have just messed it up so much that an unfill wont even bring me relief, I am not sure.

I do know that I am not loosing more weight thought because of the amount of liquid sugar and candy and chips and such, that I am able to eat at times..

WEll I hope it all works out for all of us..

thanks for sharing..

xo

I am the same way. All day long I am leaning over the toilet. I eat..or even drink many times...and within minutes I am bringing it back up. NOT vomiting or PBing..just lean over and out it comes. I am banded 1 1/2 yrs. ..started at 236 and am at 144 now..and going down. Not because I want to but I cant help it. I only have .30 ccs in my band and I really think it is just placed too high. My hair is falling out and so thin and crappy looking...Im gonna try a complete unfill and see what happens. Hope to God this gets better cuz I look awful. I can see I look pale and sickly. Not what I was after when I got this band!! Hope all your issues will resolve...good luck!!