Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Jodi how are you doing? How is school? Did you go to your 2nd post op visit? Mine was today but canceled it. I will reschedule it. But no more then the maybe 5 mins the surgeon will spend with me decided not to go

Why hippie? I actually found that appointment kinda fun...where we have lost a bit of weight...and there's more praise than criticism.

I made it to onederland (199.2) today. I would like to say it feels awesome but still have a lot of pain' date=' so it's a goal that can't be enjoyed right now. Doing better on eating n drinking today and managing pain or trying too.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Congratulations! I hope your pain gets better soon.

Why hippie? I actually found that appointment kinda fun...where we have lost a bit of weight...and there's more praise than criticism.

I just dont think our surgeon spends the time he should talking to us. my first post op visit I was there a whole 30 mins with nurse, Nut and surgeon maybe 3 mins, when i was trying to ask him questions he was trying to get out the door. he doesnt have a very good bedside matter, good surgeon, oh well

Anyone have a suggestion for pain relievers? I have sore knees and sore shoulders.

PSKKJM. DOS 12/31/12

I have been having problem getting Protein in. I've noticed I can eat fruit and veggies. But the shakes and meat I can't handle right now.

So I picked up some Isopure fruit Protein Drink w/ 40g protein in 20 oz bottle. So far I've tried mango peach. I also got 3 other flavors to try' date=' we'll see.

The mango peach is the best flavor.

:) Gina Surgery date Dec. 10th :)

I'm feeling kinda down. My son brought home his grades and they were less than pleasing. I feel partly responsible because I've been so caught up in trying to lose weight and being so fatigue I feel he is suffering. He said he didn't want to bother me because I've been being sick. My husband says he's using that as an excuse cause he bothers me when its something he wants to do. How do you guys find the balance? Am I making any sense?

I'm feeling kinda down. My son brought home his grades and they were less than pleasing. I feel partly responsible because I've been so caught up in trying to lose weight and being so fatigue I feel he is suffering. He said he didn't want to bother me because I've been being sick. My husband says he's using that as an excuse cause he bothers me when its something he wants to do. How do you guys find the balance? Am I making any sense?

My daughters grade's did that when my ex started what he did. She was always an A (maybe a B or two). I didn't know what to do but reinforce my rules about grade and her losing her privileges. So about 2 years ago is when this happened, I took her cell til her grades came back up.

Trust me I didn't want too. Because a major family crisis is what did it, shook her off her path. But the kids need to know that stuff happens that may blow your world apart but there still needs to be normalcy. Part of the is going to school and maintaining grades.

Tell him no matter how well you are doing or if he thinks you're not feeling well, that he can always come to you for anything!!!!

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Do you feel that all you can drink at one time whatever it is you may can get down a 1/2 cup and you feel full? I wonder why that is. But i can eat a hamburger patty and veggies and don't feel that full

Congratulations! I hope your pain gets better soon.

Me too. Tomorrow I have to go back in for another urinalysis. I've had this monster a week now. I have stopped running fever, however, yell out in pain and cry every time I go pee. It hurts so darn bad.

Do you feel that all you can drink at one time whatever it is you may can get down a 1/2 cup and you feel full? I wonder why that is. But i can eat a hamburger patty and veggies and don't feel that full

For a 3oz chicken tender, I can eat half. Then I have to wait a little bit, then I'll eat one of those small fruit cups. That was dinner tonight actually, lol. Then I'm "stuffed" or satisfied.

My daughters grade's did that when my ex started what he did. She was always an A (maybe a B or two). I didn't know what to do but reinforce my rules about grade and her losing her privileges. So about 2 years ago is when this happened' date=' I took her cell til her grades came back up.

Trust me I didn't want too. Because a major family crisis is what did it, shook her off her path. But the kids need to know that stuff happens that may blow your world apart but there still needs to be normalcy. Part of the is going to school and maintaining grades.

Tell him no matter how well you are doing or if he thinks you're not feeling well, that he can always come to you for anything!!!!

Thanks Gen. I took his cell phone and xbox. I told him its not his job to worry about me but its mine to worry about him. I have a tendency to baby him and it drives my husband crazy.

Thanks Gen. I took his cell phone and xbox. I told him its not his job to worry about me but its mine to worry about him. I have a tendency to baby him and it drives my husband crazy.

I hope it all works out.

Joined a new gym today. I joined Planet Fitness pre-op but never really felt connected or had the desire to go (mostly because I a. made excuses and b. it wasn't really convenient to get to.) The new gym I joined is a local chain and has 3 locations specifically for women. They had a great deal going 3 free months and 12 personal training sessions. Plus they create a fitness plan just for me that they update every 6 months. My first PT session is tomorrow. I'm excited to have someone else keep me accountable and whip my heiney into shape.

I also shared my surgery story with my class tonight in school. We were discussing a counseling theory & the professor asked if anyone had a personal example that would apply. I'm not sure why I shared, and afterward I felt weird, like it was inappropriate. I don't really know why I felt that way either, because I got positive responses, I guess maybe I'm just still nervous people will have that stigma of "oh she's just trying to get skinny quick." It doesn't bother me when people know I've had surgery, in fact I'm often quite open about it (sometimes I feel like I talk about it too much and people are like--ok we get it, you had surgery, big deal!) but for some reason after I shared with my class that I went through it I wish I hadn't.

Oh well, it's out in the open now!! :blink:

For a 3oz chicken tender' date=' I can eat half. Then I have to wait a little bit, then I'll eat one of those small fruit cups. That was dinner tonight actually, lol. Then I'm "stuffed" or satisfied.

Different things make me full faster then some. Like a small banana fills me up for almost a whole day so i am not eating them anymore. I can eat the meat off 2 chicken legs no skin. I pull the meat off i don't bite the leg. I do try different things if it fills me up to a point i am uncomfortable i wont eat it again. I dont like to feel stuffed and uncomfortable so i dont push the limit but i do need to start weighing stuff

Different things make me full faster then some. Like a small banana fills me up for almost a whole day so i am not eating them anymore. I can eat the meat off 2 chicken legs no skin. I pull the meat off i don't bite the leg. I do try different things if it fills me up to a point i am uncomfortable i wont eat it again. I dont like to feel stuffed and uncomfortable so i dont push the limit but i do need to start weighing stuff

Not only weigh but remember your only 6 weeks out and you should only be eating 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food at each meal. We have to measure and weigh