Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Antibiotics haven't kicked in. Still in severe pain:'-(

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I was totally amazed today, Went back to the doctors because this bronchitis has just been a booger (no pun intended) to get over. Gave me another antiobiotic (Clarithromycin) to take in addition to the Ciprofloxacin because Cipro needs to be taken for the UTI which is still present but better..... I was also given a steroid injection and a prescription for a Medrol pack (which I thought we couldn't take in an oral form). So I called the surgeon's office when I got home and was given permission to take them. Nice to know that if needed oral steroids can be taken. For all those out there and suffering, I hope it doesn't take long for you to feel better!

Have to callDr today. I think it's a bigger infection than we thought. I'm peeing blood and discharging blood, I'm just a mess.

Sounds like cystitis (sp) to me. Unfortunately, you need a lot of fluids (which is hard for us to take in quickly) The pain is intense, and not easy to get rid of. Will pain medication help at all if you have any? I never tried but might take the edge off?

Sounds like cystitis (sp) to me. Unfortunately' date=' you need a lot of fluids (which is hard for us to take in quickly) The pain is intense, and not easy to get rid of. Will pain medication help at all if you have any? I never tried but might take the edge off?[/quote']

I got an appointment with a urologist on Monday. I am so uncomfortable with the pressure. Hope the urologist can help me pee. Lol

I'm new to this my surgery is feb14 is this a common problem after surgery I've had a few uti infections in the past just wondering cause didn't see anything in my surgery Manuel about uti infections occurring after surgery I'm have GB

I'm new to this my surgery is feb14 is this a common problem after surgery I've had a few uti infections in the past just wondering cause didn't see anything in my surgery Manuel about uti infections occurring after surgery I'm have GB

I had my RNY on Dec 15. No issues with UTIs, with that surgery. Then on 29 Jan I had a complete hysterectomy w lymph node removal. From the time I started coming out of anesthesia, I new the catheter was miss placed. They tried replacing it 3 times, still had pain. My UTI is just so sever that it's taking longer for antibiotics to help. I am takings pain med, but it isn't the best. Helps reduces fever more than anything. I also started up my cranberry supplements so hopefully that will help too.

So sorry for the UTIs. I know how miserable they are as I have had them chronically since my third child was born 40 years ago. I did have a bladder repair when I had my last (10th) baby 25 years ago and it helped for awhile. I take cranberry supplements everyday and that does help. When I do get a full-blown infection, macrobid works but Cipro never does. It took several cultures to prove to my male doctors that Cipro doesn't work for me. Doctors seem to prefer using it first and apparently it works well for most people.

The other two things that work for me when I'm miserable are drinking straight cranberry juice--unsweetened and really awful but works almost instantaneously and the other is a prescription pill that numbs the urinary tract. I haven't had to take the numbing pill since surgery so I'll have to make sure it's ok now.

I've had two UTIs since my surgery on Dec 10. One took the full treatment of antibiotics but the other I was able to control with the cranberry juice and supplements. If I can treat an infection when I first feel it coming on I have pretty good success.

I'm sure this is tmi but maybe there is something here that might be helpful to someone. The doctor who helped me the most is a woman who said she had one infection once and so will not let another woman suffer like that :)

Good luck everyone. Feel better!

I use AZO it takes the pressure and pain away within a few hours. I bought the AZO with cranberry in it. mostly when I get an antibiotic its bactrim.

So sorry for the UTIs. I know how miserable they are as I have had them chronically since my third child was born 40 years ago. I did have a bladder repair when I had my last (10th) baby 25 years ago and it helped for awhile. I take cranberry supplements everyday and that does help. When I do get a full-blown infection, macrobid works but Cipro never does. It took several cultures to prove to my male doctors that Cipro doesn't work for me. Doctors seem to prefer using it first and apparently it works well for most people.

The other two things that work for me when I'm miserable are drinking straight cranberry juice--unsweetened and really awful but works almost instantaneously and the other is a prescription pill that numbs the urinary tract. I haven't had to take the numbing pill since surgery so I'll have to make sure it's ok now.

I've had two UTIs since my surgery on Dec 10. One took the full treatment of antibiotics but the other I was able to control with the cranberry juice and supplements. If I can treat an infection when I first feel it coming on I have pretty good success.

I'm sure this is tmi but maybe there is something here that might be helpful to someone. The doctor who helped me the most is a woman who said she had one infection once and so will not let another woman suffer like that :)

Good luck everyone. Feel better!

10 children, what a blessing!

I use AZO it takes the pressure and pain away within a few hours. I bought the AZO with cranberry in it. mostly when I get an antibiotic its bactrim.

Doesn't AZO use a NSAID?

10 children' date=' what a blessing![/quote']

Thanks--they certainly are. All boys but NINE :)

Doesn't AZO use a NSAID?

Hmmm not sure i better look

Doesn't AZO use a NSAID?

2gels caps Vitamin C

PACran natural cranberry concentrate 500 mg

High density PAC cranberry

Equivalent to 25,000 mg of fresh cranberries per serving

Other ingredients Soybean oil, rice bran oil, Gelatin, glycerin,soy lecithin, yellow beeswax, Water, and colors,( carob, carmine, and annatto)

AZO cranberry contains no milk ingredients, artificial flavors, preservatives, yeast, gluten,or wheat.

Nope no NSAIDS

All of these UTI's have me very concerned. I even have a friend who hasn't had the surgery that is suffering from this, too. I'm thinking my saving grace right now is that I add sf cranberry juice to my tea in the morning and night every day. I'm praying for all of you to get some relief from this discomfort quickly!

On another note, I got the all clear from my dr and nut to eat as I please (as long as my pouch is happy) and work out as I want! I'm about 9 weeks out and 50 lbs down. Just wanted to share a little good news :)

i hope you all with any aches, pains, UTI's, and other issues are feeling better soon! one thing i've noticed since having this surgery-smart people who have almost always known how to take care of themselves are more unsure, a bit scared and nervous when it comes to their bodies. hugs to you all.

i hope you all with any aches' date=' pains, UTI's, and other issues are feeling better soon! one thing i've noticed since having this surgery-smart people who have almost always known how to take care of themselves are more unsure, a bit scared and nervous when it comes to their bodies. hugs to you all.[/quote']

I believe the last statement to be true. I've been scared to drink cranberry juice. I have never had a bladder infection like this. It didn't start out like a normal UTI. It was just there one morning. I think it may have been pain from other areas was masking the pain from UTI. Main work this time was performed on the right side / center.

Mom Lambert, I would have loved at least half as many children as you. What a blessing, 10 kids.