Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Full liquids include cream Soups strained cottage cheese and yogurt and plus everything in clear liquids

Oh my goodness cream soups start now lol I bought some but thought I couldn't have it till after 2 weeks

Hippie gal, Dr Roller is more strict than most. We are not to have anything other than Protein Shakes, Water, and broth for the first two weeks. And milk or flavored waters.

At two weeks they'll tell you to start with yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, and then if those sit well, progress to soft foods.

I specifically called his nut during week 2 to ask about creamy Soups and she said no.

Woa that is super strict and my surgeon is super strict, or so I thght lol I started puréed today and yup, first meal was nonfat refried w cheese- the mexi in me too lol I mixed up the rest and put them in ice cube trays for later. I wasn't to thrilled with the magic bullet, but added Water and it came out better mixed. I just pulled the glue off my incisions- doc said to have at it. I'm doing puréed for one week if I feel good, take it longer if I'm having trouble he said and a mandatory 2 weeks in soft foods. I was really kinda bummed tonight. I had about half of the 1/4 cup of Beans and was full enough which was disappointing when I had been looking forward to "eating" guess those days are over. I had more Tomato Soup after that- after all this time on pure Soups you'd think I'd be tired of it lol my second meal of beans went much better (I didn't add water to the first batch) and I ate the whole delicious thing and was satisfied. I'm going to need to find something to take up my time that use to be spent in eating.... The first 10 days were easier cus I was constantly eating Soup even though I thght it was a bother

Hippie gal' date=' Dr Roller is more strict than most. We are not to have anything other than Protein Shakes, Water, and broth for the first two weeks. And milk or flavored waters.

At two weeks they'll tell you to start with yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, and then if those sit well, progress to soft foods.

I specifically called his nut during week 2 to ask about creamy Soups and she said no.[/quote']

Yea but she really acts that she is not sure. I talked to her several times when at the pre op visit and she doesn't sound sure of her self. Today is day 8 so far up to today no problems at all. But I just had a 1/4 of a can of cream chicken. Tasted very good.

I am trying to be good. Just need some strength all will be ok

My friends are concern about the huge bruise on my belly. Did anyone else have this huge a bruise too?

I did as well. 2 days after. My dr said that tissue has nothing to stop blood moving/pooling so if you bleed it will bruise bad.

Mine was huge, but is clearing now. Was worrisom in the beginning.

12/27/12 was my surgury date.

Starting a program called C25K. It's a phone app that helps you train to run a 5k over 9wks. Plan on repeating wks as needed;)

Dumber question number 47, I'm post surgery 3 weeks today. How do you know if it's a stricture or if it's a food blockage? Last week I could manage more than I'm managing today, and I'm throwing up from trying to eat today. Having issues keeping liquid down at the moment, I'm teary, fed up and wish I'd never had this done.

Dumber question number 47' date=' I'm post surgery 3 weeks today. How do you know if it's a stricture or if it's a food blockage? Last week I could manage more than I'm managing today, and I'm throwing up from trying to eat today. Having issues keeping liquid down at the moment, I'm teary, fed up and wish I'd never had this done.[/quote']

I have had 2 strictures. What you want to do is do Clear Liquids and see if you keep those down. You can buy papaya enzymes and it helps if you have food stuck. Around 3 weeks is when I developed my first stricture and it was literally a nightmare. Everything I ate felt like it was stuck and the sickness I felt for about an hour after eating can't be described. And as it progressed fluids started doing the same thing

I did as well. 2 days after. My dr said that tissue has nothing to stop blood moving/pooling so if you bleed it will bruise bad.

Mine was huge' date=' but is clearing now. Was worrisom in the beginning.

12/27/12 was my surgury date.

Starting a program called C25K. It's a phone app that helps you train to run a 5k over 9wks. Plan on repeating wks as needed;)[/quote']

Thank glad to know I wasn't the only one who bruised. My swelling seems to be going down a little now

I'm getting frustrated. I'm up 2 pounds

Full liquids? I thought all I could have was the Protein Shakes Water and broth!! You mean there are other things I could be trying too? Hell no wonder I am weak

Yogurt, pudding, Jello, Popsicles, oh gosh I forgot everything ready. I'm sure you'll hear from othera,

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Oh my goodness cream Soups start now lol I bought some but thought I couldn't have it till after 2 weeks

Lol, you would have been put on puréed before eating those soups, lol

Oh then I read Jodi's statement. That's horrible. We got you all excited about having more, sorry:-(

Ugh...I'm stalling already!!....Probably because I'm not drinking enough Water and I think I'm constipated...Stomach not hurting yet, but I haven't gone in 2 going on 3 days today...What will work fast.. I know Miralax works...but doesn't take a few days to start working?

CP3482~12/27/12 <14.8>

December Surgeries

Clairelou lou - Dec 1st Coventry, England

jls2012 - Dec 3rd Greenville, SC

lindamarie- Dec 3rd Santa Rosa, CA

NikiG - Dec 3rd Christiana Hospital Newark, DE

simplysouthern26 - Dec 3rd, Dr. William Johnson, Johns Creek, Georgia

TeamMom - Dec 4th, Ohio

lisamcgowin - Dec 4th, Dallas Tx with Dr. Castro

charrison27 - Dec 4th, Dr. Asad, Erie, PA

msixkiller - Dec 4th Bailey Medical Center, OK

mrsblues - Dec 4th Silver Cross Hospital, IL

Wannabepintsized - Dec 4th San Antonio, TX

Jacquie23 - Dec 4th

Jpr99 - Dec 5th, Rochester General

Losinit4me - Dec 5th

Kathmandu - Dec 5th Highland Park Hospital

mkruit - Dec 5th Akron, OH

shaunda - Dec 5th, at Lexington Memorial in Lexington SC

Jessica143 - Dec 5th ..Wareham MA Vicki

Loichinger - Dec 5th St Francis Hospital, IN

charlismom229 - Dec 5th. Dr. Small in Hagerstown, MD

Gbp12512 - Dec 5th

AbnormallyAbbyWLS - Dec 5th

Patsy1965 - Dec 6th

MamaLumm514 - Dec 6th

nazac - Dec 7th @ Billings Clinic

rarah - Dec 8th Coventry uk

Charde - Dec 10th Portsmouth Naval in VA

Denyelle - Dec 10th Traverse City, MI

cogburn - Dec 10th Allentown Pennsylvania

hotgal77 - Dec 10th St. Lukes Roosevelts..NYC

Beans - Dec. 10th in Wareham, Mass

cogburn - Dec 10th

kdl0452 - Dec 10th Kissimmee, FL.

redoableme - Dec 10th, Waukegan, IL

momlambert - Dec 10th, in Provo, Utah

young316 - Dec 10th

tlbr8408 - Dec 10th, Michigan

dhalpine - Dec 10th Blanchfield Army Community Hospital, KY

Txsmile100 - Dec 10th

MyTimetoLose - Dec 10th, MN

Linda9009 - Dec 11th

Sue22 - Dec 11th

Tambo463 - Dec 11th

AnnaLobdell79 - Dec 11th

Jodimc - Dec 12th, Fayetteville AR

dstumpfol - Dec 12th Indianapolis, In

TDee - Dec 12th Edmonton, Alberta (CAN). Dr. Karmali

2bhlthy - Dec12th

simplysammi - Dec 12th, Fl Dr. Ben-David

tnnorton - Dec 13th, in NC

jamicrow - Dec 13th Madison, WI

thisshizzibananas - Dec 13th, Geisinger Medical Center, PA

IdaLaura - Dec 14th

SkinnyPammy - Dec 14th, Pasadena, CA

one4ozzie - Gen - Dec 15th, Covenant Hospital, MI

fireandice36 - Dec 17th Spokane, WA, Dr. Bright

Irishone127 - Dec 17th Einstein Hospital, PA jaymi2521 - Dec 17th Mi2 - Dec 17th

Nicole K - Dec 17th, Boston, MA

Cdssmith - Dec 17th

Kity1_cat - Dec 17th

Galagal17 - Dec 17th

SHAKIRAA - Dec 17th

Momof4boys - Dec. 17th Blue Chevy - Dec 18th, Toronto Ontario Canada

Joan VanDorn - Dec 18th Bailey medical center owasso OK

Myjoshncait - Dec 18th

Trevntaysmom - Dec 18th

Khuff - Dec 18th Grand Junction Colorado

mommys2boys - Dec 19th

Eaepc101211 - Dec 19th, Hershey, PA

formykids - Dec. 19th, Spokane, WA

tkd259 - Dec. 20th Raleigh, NC. Dr. Tyner

snow25 - Dec 20th Greenville, NC

Bward - Dec 20th

KMH - Dec 20th, Troy, MI

Amanda M - Dec 21st

Rebecca H - Dec 21st

Zima617 - Dec 26th

TracleRNY - Dec 26th

Tete87 - Dec 26th

Mommatrin - Dec 26th, Fresno, CA

LaShawn2m - Dec 27th

Lsb77 - Dec 27th

CP3482 - Dec 27th

BlindGUYnAR - Dec 27th

R4TNM - Dec. 28th

Tat2girl1502 - Dec 28th

Lifesaverx1 - Dec 28th

Timmer - Dec 28th

Lolawaiting - Dec 29th

Old_Hippie_Gal - Dec 31st AR, Washington Hospital, AR

EmpressLizBunny - Dec 31st

Shady Grove Adventist

SciTeacher53 - Dec 31st

PSKKJM - Dec 31st

There we are all of Dec Post Ops. Quite the list!!!

I'm getting frustrated. I'm up 2 pounds

Hi. I had gotten so darn frustrated cuz I put on 6 pounds. It turned out my body wasn't processing the liquids properly and I ended up mildly dehydrated. I had to drink 90oz liquids one day and hit 80-90oz the following. After a couple days I started losing again. I guess my body was retaining the Water instead of processing it and getting rid of it.

Are you getting all your liquids in and Protein?

Welcome to the group BlindGUY :-) I also downloaded the app and start today. I have heard another person mention it over on the fitness board. But then I forgot the name :-( So you helped w me not having to look it up again. I was a runner when I was younger, mainly teens. Ran up to 10 miles at a time. But then fell away from running. So hopefully this will work cuz I would love to start running again.