Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNYTalk Newsletter 11/15/2012

RNYTalk Newsletter

By
Hey, RNYTalk Members!

It’s seems as though summer just ended, but we’re halfway through autumn already! The leaves are changing and falling off the trees in many parts of the country and world! Many of us are getting in the mood for the holidays. So, throw or give away your leftover Halloween candy, and start planning to stay with your weight loss this holiday season! scale to Your Advantage

This newsletter is full of updates and information, so keep reading and then head on over to the forums! We hope you like the newsletter, and please keep in touch! We always love to hear from you about the newsletter or anything else related to the boards. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Alex Brecher

Founder

RNYTalk.com

Unique Opportunity to Have Your Story Published!

Are you eager to have your gastric bypass story published in a book? This is your chance! We are working on a book on the Roux-en-Y journey. The book will be a companion to the one we just released! It’s “Vitamins.” She also learned to make sure to take them – she faced fatigue and sickness when she got Vitamin B-12 deficiency following surgery! She also says that your shoes and rings get to be too big, and Water is precious. We know that cshort83 is going to continue to learn as she continues on her path to her goal weight, and we’re grateful to her for sharing her story with us. Thanks, cshort83, for being in the Member Spotlight!

If you know anyone whom you want to see featured in our member spotlight, please let us know in the Protein first at each meal.

• Get back in the habit of measuring your portions instead of estimating.

• Drink a glass of water each morning two hours after you eat Breakfast.< p>

• Taking your dietary supplements at the same time(s) each day so you don’t forget.

• How did you complete the challenge? Let us know in the food records or smaller body measurements as signs of progress even when you don’t hit a weekly weight loss goal.

The scale should be your friend on this journey. It’s a source of positive feedback for healthy eating and other good choices, and it can be a gentle reminder to get back on track if you slip up. These simple tips can help you get the most out of the scale. Do you have any others? Let us know in the Newsletter Forum!

Tip for the Forums: Finding a Niche!

The forums can be daunting if you’re a newbie, or even if you’ve been around for a while. We suggest starting by introducing yourself if you haven’t already. Then, check out the forums that are most useful to you – if you’re pre-surgery or post-op, you might like the pre-surgery Q&A forums or post-surgery ones. Everyone can benefit from knowing more about the post-op diet, and that’s a popular board for our member! Don’t forget the special group forums if you want to hang out with slightly smaller groups of members with common interests. Don’t be shy! If you’re not sure where to go, just post your question anywhere. Someone is sure to direct you to the best place.

That’s about it for this week’s newsletter. We hope you enjoyed reading it and are ready to come discuss it and everything else on the boards! You can always check out the archived newsletters at the Newsletter Forum, too. Thanks for being part of our community!

Until next time, take care of yourself and each other,

Alex.

==============================================================

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, you may unsubscribe by going to your Control Panel and clicking on the Newsletters tab, or clicking on the following link: {unsubscribe}

My new mantra... The scale is my friend, the scale is my friend, the scale is my friend!!! Thanks ALex!!