Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~February Chat!

Hey fellow Maysters!! I hope this finds everyone healthy and happy!

As I enter month 9 of my banding journey I am amazed at how far I have come. I have done so many things this past few months that I would have NEVER done a year or so ago. The biggest thing is probably roller derby. No way in hell would I have put myself out there like that a year ago! Last night I went through a grueling 2 hour practice that included core strengthening and endurance excercises and drills. I never would I have thought I would be able to keep up... and I did! I was even in the top 4 of the other Baby Dolls (us newbies)! I never knew I could sweat and stink as much as I do when I get in the car after practice. WHEW! I was awesome to skate with the girls that have been doing this for a long time and be told that they were very impressed with me. I was absolutley GLOWING when I left the rink last night. My hubby is just thrilled with the change in me and my giddy excitment when I come home from practice just thrills him to no end.

I had another fills last Tuesday.. I now have 2.5cc's in my band. Between that and 2 hard practices I dropped 4 pounds this week! YAY! :)

What about you? What can you do (or are you doing) that you couldn't do before banding??

Thanks for the thread Drews. I'm so glad to hear your derby practice is going well.

My next fill is 2/13 and boy do I need it. Been stalled for about a month. I have lost some inches but nothing major. I've been pretty bummed but trying to hang in there.

As far as things I am doing since banding - hmm. Well for starters, I can keep up with my active son. I play in the floor with him. I act goofy and dance, jump, chase him...all that stuff I never had the energy to do before. I am gaining more and more confidence with each inch/pound I lose. I am rediscovering the old Alicia that I lost in the fat girl. I am running now...slowly but surely. My main goal is to run a 5K in the Race for the Cure in September but there is another one I might do in June. As soon as weather permits, I am going to learn to kayak! Other than being bummed about my stall, my entire outlook on life has changed. My hubby and I have also developed a plan and I should be able to be a stay at home mom after we have a second baby. We plan on trying for #2 late summer/early fall. I am super excited about that!

I plan on buying myself this dress when I can wear it in a 10...I have about 2-3 inches to go before a 10 will fit!

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?rcid=womens&scid=cat90036&navroot=womens&productId=1396_9853_tea

Hey! I'm not a Mayster, but I do love rollerderby and plan on getting into it myself! Congratulations on your success so far! And, who knows, maybe I'll see you in the rink someday.

Alicia.... that dress is adorable!!!

derbygirl... hey! It's always nice to meet another girl interested in derby! What state are you in?

Hi May friends..... 9 months can really make a difference.

I can do so much more now -100 lbs. Walk (and talk!) for

miles on the treadmill, cross my legs when sitting, fit into a size 14 swim suit. (Last February for our annual Cancun vacation I was a size 26)

7 sizes smaller! Life is good. This year in Mexico I'm playing volleyball on the beach - I've always been to embarssed to try - NOT this year! I can only hope for continued success. Good luck to everyone - Think Spring.

Thanks Drews for the new thread :) 9 months, how time flies. We will have our 1 year bandiversary before we know it. Great job everyone! :(

Thanks DrewsLou for starting the new thread. Congrats on your derby training, when I was reading your description of the training I was thinking "MAJOR POUND DROPPAGE!!!!!!!"

Alicia521-That dress is precious. When I have time I'm going to check out that website, I've never seen it.

OUSooner-I smile everytime I see your name...I was born in Enid. :)

Things that are better since the weight loss...hugs with my hubby are much more comfortable, my kids can get their little arms around me, exercise is something I actually enjoy now, cross my legs, I don't stress about chairs in unfamiliar places (will I fit?), I'm not invisible anymore! I couldn't ever figure out how the biggest person in the room could be looked through????...I could go on and on and on. :)

Have a great week everyone!

Sounds like you are having a blast! Can't wait to see some pics.

I also got another fill and am now at 2.5! I hope I start to lose some more weight...I've been stuck in the 150's for a while now!

I can't believe that we are at or almost at the nine month mark! Wow wow wow....and we've all done so well. Yep, ups and downs at times, but just think about what we looked like nine months ago...not to mention how we felt! We can actually move our bodies without pain and lack of breath.

When I was at the doc's last week I saw my 'first day' photo...and was shocked! Did I ever look like that? Could I have been that big? I almost couldn't believe it but there was that darn photo....at least I had a cute hair cut on my pea head. LOL!

Now I have to take a deep breath and 'know' that I can make my final goal!

Janey

I forgot to ask...are we doing another weight loss challenge? How about going to May first - May Day? May Day Magic? May Day Miracle? May Day Madness? Let's find a cute name for our challenge! I need a shared goal! :)

Janey

Hey Maysters!

I had something happen that hasn't happened in a long time. I had a small piece of ham last night along with some green Beans and some tatertots. This morning I woke up retaining so much Water my rings almost fit the way they used to. And I can feel the Water in my face.....strange, I know, but my eyes feel swollen. Must be the salt or something that was in the ham, but I feel like crap. Guess I'll have to take ham off my "can eat" list. Thing is, I used to love ham but yesterday, i wasn't all that impressed. It's funny that after all this time, I still come across food that just isn't the same.

So, I have a question for everyone. By getting the band, I'm presuming everyone wanted to get their weight and their lives under control. What else have you changed that has nothing to do with your weight or your health that has improved your life?

For me it has been to do a "Clean Sweep" of my house and get things more organized. I did that this summer. Then here lately my DH and I have been going thru the book "Smart Couples Finish Rich" and we are getting our finances under control and trying to plan for the future........near future like vacations and extended future like working on building our 401(k)'s. I honestly believe that if I hadn't gotten the band, I wouldn't have even thought about how I needed to change other things in my life. My life would have just kept going the way it had for the last 25 years.

I guess the band has forced me to grow as a person as my body has shrank.:D

Hi Duckie - sorry about the ham :D. I haven't made too many other changes except I am more active and go to the gym (though not as often as I should). I am, however, looking forward to this spring and summer as I plan to do a lot of yard work and maybe some landscaping for our yard. With my new found energy, I think I will be able to do much more and be outside enjoying the weather more.