Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many People Have You Told?

Thanks Dave!! You are a very positive person! I truley am excited for a new me! Regardless of how much weight and how someone loses weight SOMEONE is going to be jealous and make a negative comment. BUT.. that SOMEONE will be one out of the other 100's of people with positive comments. So I am ok with that! I am super excited and anxious!

I have to make changes to ME and worry about ME.. and that is my plan! Thanks for all your positive comments.

I TOLD EVERYBODY! I'M HAPPY TO HAVE THIS SURGERY! VERY PROUD TO MAKE THIS BIG CHANGE IN MY LIFE!!! :D

I tell people who ask or comment on my weight loss. I am very proud of myself. It took a lot of courage to take this step. I am healthier now than I ever was before surgery. And sometimes letting people know about my surgery makes it easier to get what I need for myself.

I wasnt going to tell a lot of ppl including my sister. I ended up telling more ppl than I planned then I told my neice, so I decided to tell my sister what a big mistake that was cuz we ended up in an arguement and the fist thing she says is atleast I dont have to have surgery to loose weight. It's my own fault I should have known better cuz thats the type of person she is and I knew that, but im use to her jabs so I dont let them affect me anymore. Every1 else who I told SEEMS to be supportive, and my 2 kids are very happy for me.

I told people when I started researching about 2 years ago. My kids I talked about with them the beginning of the year. Sweet kids that I have told me that i'm perfect the way I am and don't need to worry because they love me no matter what. My husband says that I don't need the surgery because he loves me and that i'm beautiful and shouldn't mess with perfection:)

I haven't told anyone that I have a surgery date. My hubby knows, he told his good friend at work and his brother and will be taking off for 2 days and then its the weekend. Our kids don't know that i've got a date and the night before we were gonna have them spend the night at their friends so they wouldn't know. I don't want them to worry about anything or miss school.

I heard this for and thought it was great to say and of course it isn't lieing. People would ask her how she lost weight and she said lots of Water, Protein and exercising. Which is very true. She just left the part out about surgery. So I think i'll be using this when people ask me and I may add in the words of stress or kids keep me going :)

Posted Yesterday, 1:39 AM

I wasnt going to tell a lot of ppl including my sister. I ended up telling more ppl than I planned then I told my neice, so I decided to tell my sister what a big mistake that was cuz we ended up in an arguement and the fist thing she says is atleast I dont have to have surgery to loose weight. It's my own fault I should have known better cuz thats the type of person she is and I knew that, but im use to her jabs so I dont let them affect me anymore. Every1 else who I told SEEMS to be supportive, and my 2 kids are very happy for me.

i know how you feel! i told my mom a week before surgery and she got mad and told me i didn't diserve it and that she did. and i had surgery on the 24th of august and none of my family have called to see if i'm even alive yet! i am not doing this for anyone but me and of course my kids. so.....piss on them!

Posted Yesterday' date=' 1:39 AM

i know how you feel! i told my mom a week before surgery and she got mad and told me i didn't diserve it and that she did. and i had surgery on the 24th of august and none of my family have called to see if i'm even alive yet! i am not doing this for anyone but me and of course my kids. so.....piss on them!

[*']

Posted Yesterday' date=' 1:39 AM

[*']

That's just down rite wrong, sounds like she's jealous my mom is worried she hasn't really said it but I can tell and she's all the way on the other side of United States. How are you doing since you surgery, I will be praying for you and your family.

Other than my husband and kids I have told my parents, brother, cousins, and a few friends like 2. I'm not hiding it but I'm not putting it out there all like that. If I'm close to you you'll know if not why would you care? If someone asks in the future I'll tell them.

Wait....I did change for the worse...mentally. I don't take crap anymore. I don't make fat jokes about myself anymore...(lost my sense of humor, I bet some will say) I will not be that safety friend that men ignore...sooooo... We lose some friends cause (you know, they say we have such a nice personality?) I personnaly would rather those jealous types to say, dang, brains AND a BODY!!!

• That's just down rite wrong, sounds like she's jealous my mom is worried she hasn't really said it but I can tell and she's all the way on the other side of United States. How are you doing since you surgery, I will be praying for you and your family.
    [/quote]

• thanks, she's on the other side of the country too!me and my daughter are doing fine thanks for the prayers!love this site there's always someone out there when you need them!!

My husband knew already and we just went to the surgeon consultation together. It went really well ans he was so supportive i decided to tell my grandma and parents. My dad and grandma have both had it done. I was suprised how supportive all 3 of them were. Only planning on telling one or 2 close friends and i will have to tell my boss since i will have to work from home for 2 weeks. Getting all my appointments lined up and the support from family makes me excites for this great life change.

i told my husband, son and bff, i made the mistake of telling some of the women on the AF base i live on, which cause be big : your gunna be skinner than me fit", my mother hates the idea she thinks through yoga and Paleo Diet all my weight will fall off, so I am keeping it to myself. until of course the weight starts to really come off then I will have to tell people.. Oh and my Roller Derby Coach knows and that it..